Solid squad getting better and better. Excellent puck movement. Being gritty in the corners and defensive zone, dropping the gloves and taking no shit. I have also never seen so many guys on one team that can pull off the sharp tight turn either in the defensive zone and just over the attacking blue line to set up the following skaters with accurate passes. Lots of fun this year.

The NBA is also suspended.

A Jazz player has tested positive and the Celtics are now in quarantine after playing the Jazz last weekend.

Actually, as of right now, the NHL has not suspended the season, but it is expected to happen soon.

Expect March Madness to be next.

Then I would expect MLB to delay the start of their season.

Won't play onllne, but got an unopened deck of cards. Let the solitaire begin.

Cheers

Actually, as of right now, the NHL has not suspended the season, but it is expected to happen soon.

Expect March Madness to be next.

Then I would expect MLB to delay the start of their season.

Refs on the road have been told to book transport home. It’s cancelled. They’re just dragging feet announcing.

They can open the Garden later this spring for a ceremonial presentation and skate around the ice.
Ray Bourque all alone would be fitting

Not quite the same.

Fvck!

Best season in a long time. I was looking forward to an exceptional playoffs.
my daughter pointed this out to me last night, she was talking to the HS team and they were excited for it - ah youth.... I explained to her that tell those kids playoff hockey is the balls, they should know they went undefeated last year!!

grumpy old man rant

The last damn sport left for me to watch and they suspend the season as soon as I get back to Alaska and another long playoff run was looking so promising for the Bruins.

2011 Playoff Run

Game 3 of the ECF against Tampa should be on tonight. Watching the 2011 replays shows the real difference in how the game is played just 10 years later. In 2011 we essentially used the starting defense on the Power Play; no comparison to how good our groupings are today. One can hope they resume play by the end of June but I'm thinking they are done for the year.

Watching the 2011 Stanley Cup run has pretty much kept me sane through all of this. So great to relive it and share it with my 8 year old son, who will turn 9 next month.

My son (first born) was born minutes after they dropped the puck Game 2 vs Tampa Bay. I never actually saw that game or Games 3 and 4. They didn't have the channel in our hospital room. I had to settle for watching the Sox sweep the Yankees and getting updates from Remy during the games.

Back