Oh Gisele, she claims Tom has had concussions

I think you are mistaken. Most people believe the Pats, and especially Brady, are cheaters. The 31 want nothing more than to see the Pats knocked down.

They tried that already and it blew up on them at the podium in Houston.

Even the owners who pushed Goodell originally, hated how the resulting drawn-out nonsense made the League look.

Nobody has any stomach to launch another Patriots investigation over a minor issue (based on Brady's wife yapping) that none of the 32 coaching staffs want discussed in detail.

I may just be cynical, but I'd think it would be more newsworthy if Brady hadn't had at least a few concussions. I mean, he's been playing a sport when giant super athletes slam into each other for 25+ years.

If you think they'll start another witch hunt against this particular team after the horrible, lengthy PR disaster the last one was, you're wrong.

The other 31 want nothing to do with extensive scrutiny of injury reporting.

You're correct that ballghazi was a disaster for them is some ways. But even post ballghazi, they have already proven that they will not shy away from screwing who they want and excusing who they want. Just this past season/offseason, check the shenanigans with the Seahawks/Steelers, and the Giants/Steelers having injury reporting/ball deflation issues and nothing happened to any of them. The TB victory for them was "I can wave my dick in your face whenever I want over whatever I choose and you can't do anything about it." That's why I just laugh at any other team's fans who call the Pats "cheaters" who didn't understand that what was done to the Saints, Fins, etc. was just as wrong and unfair as ballghazi...and equally frightening in terms of RG's arbitrary power. I'm 100% with Alk, Spacecrime, etc.

Man I wish Tommy's Girl were here. She might be the only other person on here who hates LaGiz like I do. Another brick in the wall for me with her. GFY Giz. What if TB gave an interview about LaGiz's "alleged" plastic surgery that she tried to hide?

Brady suspended for 6 games, Bill suspended for a full season, Patriots stripped of all draft picks for next year, Patriots forced to trade Jimmy G

I think that's fair punishment, right? :coffee:
I want the 5 SB revoked and given to the Jets as well. What's right is right.

No, no, no.

It was a legal/CBA victory.
Legal: The league won the appeal.

CBA: The league got what they wanted, the right to issue punishment arbitrarily.

31/32 of teams and fans are happy with the result of deflategate.

You're correct that ballghazi was a disaster for them is some ways. But even post ballghazi, they have already proven that they will not shy away from screwing who they want and excusing who they want.

In a vacuum, yes.

But my point is they won't want to this time.

They had to fight to the end for a legal victory in Deflategate, but the longer it went, there was incredible League-versus-Patriots fatigue from pretty much everybody. The League Office wants to move on from Deflategate and if they had their way they'd never even mention it publicly again.

They're not starting a sequel of their own free will which would go after the Pats/Brady again, when they just finished burying the last one.

T
Even the owners who pushed Goodell originally, hated how the resulting drawn-out nonsense made the League look.
Man, where are you getting this? Owners are happy with the ruling. Jones, McNair, and other owners went on record AFTER deflategate ruling saying the right decision was made.

They're not launching Round 2.
I couldn't say about that. What I am saying they will if they want to they will, and that they are very satisfied with how things went. 32/32 owners make decisions by their wallet. They, including Kraft, don't care what anyone thinks nearly as much as they care about the bottom line.

The achieved a MASSIVE victory over the union, gutting many of the players' protections. The union now has to make concessions if they want them back. The league would happily sacrifice any one team for similar gains that give them more control over the league, and the one team they an pick on WITHOUT the country getting upset are the Patriots.

The owners are not feeling the heat from anyone, and definitely do not hate the way deflategate ended.

The League Office wants to move on from Deflategate and if they had their way they'd never even mention it publicly again.
This is true. They got what they wanted and it's in the past. The league has what they want. Fans hate Goodell who is nothing more than a sacrificial anode for the owners. He is being paid big bucks to get booed and the owners are fine with that.

Yeah, but Tom's concussions are from hitting his noggin on the headboard, if you know what I mean...:yay2:

Man, where are you getting this? Owners are happy with the ruling. Jones, McNair, and other owners went on record AFTER deflategate ruling saying the right decision was made.

Dammit, do you have trouble reading?

They were happy with the LEGAL result.

They were unhappy with the two-year soap opera which was embarrassing for the League image and its public face. Name an NFL media expert who doesn't think DFG was a complete joke that made League operations look bad. "The Shield" took a bad PR hit on a minor issue which snowballed beyond their wildest dreams - an issue which nobody including them wants to dredge up now that it's been put to bed.

That's what they'd be afraid of if they tried Witch Hunt Part Two. Which is why they won't.

Can we all agree that she is the equivalent of Yoko Ono? Is it too much to ask for you to keep your mouth shut and just look hot?

http://nesn.com/2017/05/tom-brady-had-a-concussion-last-season-gisele-bundchen-reveals-on-cbs/

Well, it was only a matter of time before the next New England Patriots controversy. Gisele Bundchen revealed on “CBS This Morning” that her husband, Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, suffered a concussion last season. “As a wife, I’m a little bit — as you know, it’s not the most … unaggressive sport,” Bundchen told Charlie Rose. “Football, like he had a concussion last year. I mean, he has concussions, pretty much — I mean, we don’t talk it, but he does have concussions. I don’t think it’s a healthy thing for your body to go through that kind of aggression all the time. That cannot be healthy for you, right? I’m planning on having him be healthy and do a lot of fun things when we’re like 100, I hope.” Brady was never listed on the Patriots’ injury report with a concussion last season. Brady was asked in December 2015 on WEEI’s “Dennis, Callahan and Minihane” how many concussions he’s suffered. “I’d really not like to get into that,” Brady answered.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NEW?src=hash">#NEW</a>: <a href="https://twitter.com/giseleofficial">@giseleofficial</a> told <a href="https://twitter.com/charlierose">@CharlieRose</a> on <a href="https://twitter.com/CBSThisMorning">@CBSThisMorning</a> that Tom Brady had a concussion last year. "He does have concussions." <a href="https://t.co/K4B8ixDN9X">pic.twitter.com/K4B8ixDN9X</a></p>— CBS This Morning (@CBSThisMorning) <a href="https://twitter.com/CBSThisMorning/status/864826656845963265">May 17, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I know that when I say this
I may be stepping on pins and needles
But I don't like all these people
Slagging her for breaking up The Beatles
Don't blame it on Yokey!

I mean, if I was John and you were Yoko
I would gladly give up music genius
Just to have you as my very own personal Venus

(Hit it!)

[Chorus]
You can be my Yoko Ono
You can follow me wherever I go
Be my, be my, be my
Be my Yoko Ono, whoa-oh

- Bare Naked Ladies

It's not a big deal unless he was treated for it and not disclosed. He may have had his bell rung a few times and complained about headaches or being dizzy at home and that's what she's talking about.

Yeah, but Tom's concussions are from hitting his noggin on the headboard, if you know what I mean...:yay2:

That, or this happened: "Gosh babe, I'd love to go shopping for new furniture with you again, but I got another one of those concussion things on Sunday and I should really just rest on the couch."

Dammit, do you have trouble reading?
I understand what you are saying. I just disagree with you based on what owners have said.

I base my opinion on the fact that owners have publicly praised the way Goodell handled deflategate, specifically Jones, McNair, Blank.

What makes you say that owners didn't like deflategate? Other than that's how you would feel if you were an owner and assume these billionaires should feel the same way?

You and I have pride and self-respect. They have lots and lots of money.

I understand what you are saying. I just disagree with you based on what owners have said.

I base my opinion on the fact that owners have publicly praised the way Goodell handled deflategate, specifically Jones, McNair, Blank.

What makes you say that owners didn't like deflategate? Other than that's how you would feel if you were an owner and assume these billionaires should feel the same way?

You and I have pride and self-respect. They have lots and lots of money.

Oh Arthur Blank. He got his payback big time in Houston on Feb. 5. lol.

I would think the owners would be leery for no other reason that it motivated the Pats MORE to win 2 more championships which is the exact outcome they were hoping to avoid. LOL. :toast:

I honestly think this is a non-story. Plenty of spouses and family members have talked about player concussions. I mean all the Pats have to say is he never told us he was concussed nor showed any symptoms. All Brady has to say is he told Gisele he had a headache from listening to the haters all season and she misinterpreted. I mean she is a super model which is the equivalent of having an IQ of 2 when it comes to football matters. This isn't anywhere near the territory of Pete Carroll saying Sherman played with sprained MCL for most of the season which it would have to be for the league to do something.

They only have to say that a player was more likely than not to have known something was being done.

And more importantly, they needn't show it to be more likely than not, Goodell needs only, as you say, to say it. :coffee:

Back