One month later...... whose with me?

babalu87

Beer....... proof that God loves us
Reaction score
Who has listened to sports talk or watched ESPN since the Superbowl?

Who wonders what the damn FOUR time Superbowl Champions bumper sticker would have looked like ESPECIALLY when they see the three-time Champion sticker on the highway?

Who still feels like the season didnt really end?

I just cant get into the usual banter here lately, I try but its just ........... I dont know weird :confused:

Well, the good news is I brewed a Barleywine yesterday and the OG is 1.121. Should finish around 10% alcohol :party:

I'm finally getting there.

I still don't watch ESPN.

But I'm getting there as far as feeling normal goes.

The only thing I have done is I have started to listen to Sirius NFL radio a bit. At this point they are pretty much done talking about last season.

I am watching a lot of the combin and searching for possible FA signings

still have not gone into the dvr to watch/erase the game. can't touch it but I am glad Baseball is happening

I figured out that I was finally ok with it when I was in FL and they started picking on me hardcore and It ook it with a smile. Could be because it was mostly Dolphins fans doing the picking but there was one Giants fan but he was cool about it.

Side note: Babalu my nephew Tedy has a bucket he plays like a bongo and he goes baaaaabaaaaluuuuuuuu :) Just thought I'd share that with you since he sings your name all the time

Ok back to the show!

I still avoid a lot of media. Just read an occasional story. Slowly working my way into being able to read something and not cringe.

With me it was about two days of depression and then I did the only thing I could think of to pull out of the death spiral.

I watched the damn thing again. Several times. Im my case, it worked, but to each their own.

I understood we blew it and we weren't perfect after all. Painful, but true and now comes the nuts and bolts part.

No matter what happens, you still need to retool. The offseason is just beginning and pretty soon we will have some good news from the front.

For a change. Hope springs eternal.

I was pretty much over it within a few days, much to the dismay of any friends who were wanting to give me a rough time about it. I'm sure there's always a part of me that will wonder what 19-0 would have felt like, but I'll let that part stay with the part of me that still wonders why Pedro came back out in the 8th inning. I'm sure they'll get along just fine.

it was hard this week end hearing how "Assante was one of the few CB's who catches everything [pause] but that one ball in the superbowl" every time the discussed the signign

I watched NFL Live and Total Access a couple times each but not much other than that. That is normal for me after the season though, I usually go through a burnout / info overload period.

Not to mention I largely stopped watching espn around the middle of last season anyway. They are no longer a good channel as far as I'm concerned.

Those who have watched the game amaze me. Kudos. It's the right thing to do, I think. To be a knowledgeable Pats fan, you sort of need to know what happened.

I was in Glendale and never saw the TV version. So I'm a bit curious.

But despite my conviction expressed above and despite my curiousity, I cannot watch it and I doubt I will ever be able to do so.

I have also told my good friends who are Giants fans that I refuse to analyze the game or discuss it on anything but a superficial level with them.

I have not watched any football related programming on ESPN or any of the NFL Network.

And with all that avoidance, I think I'm basically over this. I still get pissed at my daily reminders here in the NY area, but the depression phase is now over.

I stil avoid most of the ESPN/FOX sports stuff. Trying to divert to college basketball so I can fill out my bracket with a little knowledge. Still hurts to think a lot about football. I do read stuff here though and am slowly getting pulled into a few of the FA threads and draft news. Gotta look forward instead of back.

I never rewatched the tape of the gamethatshallnotbenamed. In fact, last week the kids asked me to record American Idol for them, so I recorded it over the game. It felt good. I'm not looking back.

I can't help but get excited about the draft, especially with the Patriots picking twice in the first round. They have a lot of holes to fill.blowup

<<
especially with the Patriots picking twice in the first round.
>>

Uh Thomas did you have your morning caffeine yet ? Or was the reference to the lost first round pick our daily dose of sarcasm from you ?

It still hurts when I think about it...but I try not to think about it and focus on the 2008 season.

I've barely seen ESPN or NFL network. I just recently put WEEI and Mike and Mike on th radio to hear the latest FA news.
From the moment "that game" ended, I think I put it in the proper perspective.... still sucks, but when you get right down to it, it's only a form of entertainment (just so happens to be one hell of a form of entertainment!!) so I try to look at my kids and remember what is truly important in life.

(GOD DAMM!!! how the *&$#%! did we lose that %*$&*^!ing game AAARRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) )

Yeah...OK....I am working out of it. I m wearing my Pats stuff everywhere again, even to the mountain when I ski. The "dangerette" (as Hawg called her) knows m as "The Patriots Guy" at the bar. I am watching PTI and ARound the Horn again, never stopped watching Sports Center. NFL network is coming back inot my regular viewing schedule also as FA and the Combine have kicked in...

I have not nor will I watch that game again. I never watched the other two losses again so why this time. I told my dad with about five left in the 3rd quarter that I felt like the team would loose and I had not felt that in five years. I have not looked back since. I have seen the replays of Asante's drop and the crazy catch after the in the grasp a few times, but that was inevitable...

I hate that they lost. I had already started to wonder about the new mini helmet, the car flag, the banner, the Rob Arara photo and which jersies I would get if they had won...I saved a ton of money and I did not swith to Geico either...sorry weak attempt at humor...

I have not listened to sports radio nor watched ESPN since the Super Bowl. I"ll probably float back to WEEI once Sox season starts, but Im done with ESPN (other than live game coverage). Eff them.

Back