OT Gaming consoles you have owned in your entire life.

Pong - My Grandparents owned it but I spent a ton of time out there.

Atari 2600? - Not sure if that's the model. It was one of the first ones with the snazzy woodgrain.

NES - Actually sold our Atari and games to a neighbor. Then my brother and I combined some birthday money and had our aunt who worked at a Target pick one up for us. I don't think anything will ever top the day our parents came walking in the front door with that in their hands. :rockon:

Sega Genesis - Pretty much the only reason we wanted this console was for Splatterhouse. I later discovered Madden Football on this console and the rest was history.

Sega Saturn - The first real console war. Despite hear favoring reviews for the Playstation I opted to be a unique rebel and buy the Saturn. Lets just say if it was physically possible I would have kicked myself in the nuts for that move.

Playstation - I hauled my Saturn and games to the nearest pawn shop, bent over the counter for a few minutes, grabbed a used Playstation and walked out the door. The least that bastard could have done was give me a lollypop. The Playstation was when I discovered mod chips. What a great time!

PS2 - I was able to get one of these the Christmas after it launched. Don't even want to know what my wife paid for it. Dumb ass dog tripped over the controller cord yanking it off of the entertainment center to it's certain doom. To this day I don't know how I did it but I talked my wife into letting me get another one. We bought a wireless controller while we were there.

PS3 - Present day. Once again I went with brand loyalty and got the PS3 over the 360. As it stands it is starting to look like this will be the Sega Saturn all over again. :mad:

If you want to count my kids' consoles...

Wii - Got this for my oldest son's 6th. birthday. I don't think I've ever seen him that excited in my life. The funny thing was he never even really mentioned wanting one. We just saw it and thought it would be something he would really enjoy. Turns out he did in fact want one but must have had little faith that his tight ass parents would buy him one.

Nintendo Gameboy Advance - What a godsend for long road trips.

Nintendo DS - With my son being a Zelda freak, how could we pass up buying the Limited Edition Legend of Zelda DS? Had to get up at 5:00 in the morning on Black Sunday to get it but well worth it.

The first we had was a Pong console my father got when he was working for JCPenny Co. Kind of like the main one, but slightly lower profile with bigger paddles and a 4 position switch for the games. I actually went through a pretty dry spell with consoles after I got my C64.

Pong
C64
Sega Genesis
Sega CD addon for it
Playstation
PS2
Wii

edit: oh yeah, forgot I have a Nintendo DS floating around somewhere.

Atari 2600
Nintendo
Super Nintendo
Gameboy
Sega Genisis
Game Gear
N64
Gameboy Advanced
Playstation
Ps2
XBox
Xbox 360

Yeah...I've been a gamer all my life

Intellivision
Nintendo
Super Nintendo
3DO (stupid waste of money!)
Playstation
PS2
PS3
Xbox 360

Tank Battle
Odyssey (had a tank game, the pong rip off and the space invaders rip off games)
Atari (Atari basket ball FTW!)
Nintendo
Xbox
Modded Xbox
Golden Tee
Xbox 360
Wii

Fairchild Channel (barely remember this one... I mean, I was like 7 or 8 when we got our Atari so I would have been like 5 or 6 when we had the Fairchild. I just remember some maze game and a memory game and hangman, I think.)
Atari 2600
Intellivision
ColecoVision
Nintendo
Super Nintendo
Sega Genesis
Xbox

Nintendo (original)
Sega Genesis
Nintendo 64
Dreamcast
Gamecube (lol)
XBox
Playstation2
XBox 360

I really loved my N64 at the time (Goldeneye!) and still think it had some great games. DC had great potential before it collapsed too.

I've also had some handhelds, etc. but I've always been more a PC gamer more than console gamer.

My brother and I got the Telstar system for Christmas back in the late 70's. I must have been 14 or so. We played that thing to death. It was a Pong ripoff. It had one player tennis, two player tennis and hockey.

I also had a couple hand held Coleco games - football and baseball.

In college, one of the guys on my floor had a Nintendo system. After graduation, we actually would get together and play Blades of Steel at his house. We then graduated to the Sega Genesis and formed a league where we played the first version of John Madden football. We drafted partners and then teams. Once you figured out your teams basic weapon - you were unstoppable. We played for about 5 years together. Super Bowls and everything.

I watch my boys play the new versions of Madden and I am lost. :confused:

We now have PS2, PS3 and Wii in the house. The kids have Nintendo DS and an old GameBoy Advance that still works.

Atari,
Colecovision,
Pong,
Original Sega,
Nintendo,
Genesis,
Super Nintendo,
Nintendo 64,
Sega 32 addon to the Genesis,
Sega Dreamcast,
Play Station 1,
Play Station 2,
Nintendo Gamecube,
Xbox 360 now.

Yeah yeah I love video games.:shrug:

Wow. We have a lot of nerds. This calls for another thread.

I have never beaten Mike Tyson in Punch-Out!!

I even tried again in the free web version and still got my ass kicked.

You gotta watch his eyes. Having quick reflexes doesn't hurt either.

007 373 5963

That code will forever be etched in my mind.

Pong
Colecovision
Super Nintendo
Wii/Wii fit
and I don't know what playstation we have since he never plays it.

Pretty sure this thread has already been made like 4 or 5 times but meh...

nintendo
super nintendo
nintendo 64
sega genesis
gameboy
virtual boy
playstation
playstation 2
xbox
xbox 360
gamecube
PSP

If you never had a Super Nintendo, you missed out. Best gaming system ever

You gotta watch his eyes. Having quick reflexes doesn't hurt either.

007 373 5963

That code will forever be etched in my mind.

And not cuz I just posted it? ;)

j/k

I also have a Game Boy Color I keep in the can. The only game that is ever in it:

Tecmo Bowl

Back