OT(sorta): Just how litigious has America become?

I bet you're just hoping to drop the bike so you can sue HD. After all, MILFs are not supposed to be riding. You should be picking out a hot motorized wheelchair instead.
I've dropped the bike, skidded out on sand on the road that hadn't been swept by the town, cut off by drivers who sent my bike on a spinout and ended up in the middle of the street with an ankle fractured in three places, and I've never yet sued anyone. And I had a good one on my town last year because I actually did some damage to my shoulder which caused me to have physical therapy for three months. It's just a chance you take when you're on two wheels.

But HD? Short of screwing something up on their bikes to cause me some serious damage, I'd never sue them because they have given me years of happiness that I never would have had without their product.

I hope I do not get roasted for this but as a kid we had a sign on the Bar in the basement that stated the following

"4 reasons women over 40 are better
they don't tell, yell or swell
and are as grateful as hell"

I hope I do not get roasted for this but as a kid we had a sign on the Bar in the basement that stated the following

This may be true, but they also know how to get revenge....very quietly, when you least expect it.

:whip2:

ROFL It just needs to be changed to over 50 to be wholly true.:) But the last part? I hope it never gets to that point even in my 90s.;)

funny we took the bar down when I was about 10 and I remember that sign 33 years later...what an impact it has had on my life...blame my Dad, sue him not me

This may be true, but they also know how to get revenge....very quietly, when you least expect it.

:whip2:
sticks and stones
may break my bones
but whips and chain
they excite me

While I think luso's overreacting a bit, especially with the "litigious" stfuf (unless that can be proved), I do agree with the larger issue that it's a little ridiculous for her to be trying out. First of all, I'm tired of the politically-correct "everyone's a winner" attitude. We shouldn't give trophies to every little league team in a playoff. And we shouldn't let 43-year-old and obviously out-of-shape women try out for a professional friggin' cheerleading squad for a pro sports team. I also don't see why guys need to try to sue Hooter's to become waitresses. What's next? Is a crossdressing guy gonna sue the Miss America pageant for discrimination? Is a fat old guy gonna sue Chippendales for not letting him try out?

And let's remember, we're not talking about a woman in unusually good shape for her age. Hell, I've seen 40-year-old women walking down the street who look good enough to try out. Some of the Planeteer -MMs look good enough to try out. Jane Seymour, even at her grandmotherly age, looks good enough to try out. This woman does not. She's obviously not in great physical shape. So why is she doing it?

You want to feel good about yourself? Get off the couch, stop eating Doritos, hit the gym, maybe work your way up to losing a few clothes sizes, maybe then you achieve running a small local marathon or something. You don't try out for an NFL cheerleading squad, fer crissakes.

While I think luso's overreacting a bit, especially with the "litigious" stfuf (unless that can be proved), I do agree with the larger issue that it's a little ridiculous for her to be trying out. First of all, I'm tired of the politically-correct "everyone's a winner" attitude. We shouldn't give trophies to every little league team in a playoff. And we shouldn't let 43-year-old and obviously out-of-shape women try out for a professional friggin' cheerleading squad for a pro sports team. I also don't see why guys need to try to sue Hooter's to become waitresses. What's next? Is a crossdressing guy gonna sue the Miss America pageant for discrimination? Is a fat old guy gonna sue Chippendales for not letting him try out?

And let's remember, we're not talking about a woman in unusually good shape for her age. Hell, I've seen 40-year-old women walking down the street who look good enough to try out. Some of the Planeteer -MMs look good enough to try out. Jane Seymour, even at her grandmotherly age, looks good enough to try out. This woman does not. She's obviously not in great physical shape. So why is she doing it?

You want to feel good about yourself? Get off the couch, stop eating Doritos, hit the gym, maybe work your way up to losing a few clothes sizes, maybe then you achieve running a small local marathon or something. You don't try out for an NFL cheerleading squad, fer crissakes.
People are mis-interpreting my "litigious" adjective, but all in all, your post is EXACTLY what I was trying to say JD. I'm guessing LW is either not up yet or out of the house :p

I didn't say that the woman threatened to sue, I said the Pats were afraid of a suit if they refused to give her a tryout. And YES, there is a gigantic difference between the 2.

And hey, if Claudia Schiffer and her, what, 50 years of age?, wanted to try out, I'd be all for that. But this sea hag should be in as much clothing as possible and certainly not trying out to be a damn cheerleader.

Is a fat old guy gonna sue Chippendales for not letting him try out?
You just wanted someone to put this image up, didn't you? :p

300_54728.gif

This lady wasn't guarenteed a spot on the team. It was a try out. People try out and those who don't cut it, get cut. Big deal.

Kids try out for basketball teams year in and year out who have no business on the floor. They get cut. Why should they get turned away without being given the chance at all? There's no trophy awarded for being cut.

How many people run for president who have no chance? Should there be a board that forbids these people from running because of this?

Where do you draw the line? Do the Pats post a Mengele at the door to say "not for you" to all undesirerables? Maybe the Pats, a local business with many ties to the community, don't mind given a local woman a shot even if she isn't team material. Maybe she's held season tickets forever and just loves the team and wanted to have some fun.

Isn't that what a tryout is for, to cull the heard? Why would the Pats hold an "open tryout" if they were just going to turn people away at the door? How many smoking hot women have no dancing or gymnastic ability whatsoever? Do they get a tryout because they're hot or should the Pats hold a pre-tryout to eliminate those people? Before you know it they'll be holding pre-pre-pre tryouts for the tryouts. Until the team becomes swamped with out of shape older women choking the life out of the process, I'm sure they don't mind.

The Pats cheeleading team has about a 1/3 turnover every year. That's eight new members per year chosen from about 250 who show up for the try outs. What's that about 3% of the people who try out who make the team. One more cut is hardly a problem.

A more reasonable argument would be the Pats having to spend large sums of money in order to accomadate a parapalegic who wanted to try out out and did so out of fear of a law suit. That would be rediculous. Not this.

Again, why the hell do you care? So in your opinion, she's not good looking enough. So what. You and Luso have no clue why she went to that tryout. I have no clue. Yes, that's a very unflattering picture. Yes, she's out of place. But I don't give a crap. And if that pic had never been taken, no one else would give a crap. So she's not good looking enough. That's what the tryout is for. How does it harm the Pats to let her out there? It doesn't. There are pics of others at that tryout who aren't very good looking. I don't care. My life didn't suddenly suck because they were allowed to tryout.

Really, some people just need to stop worrying about what other people do.

Again, why the hell do you care? So in your opinion, she's not good looking enough. So what. You and Luso have no clue why she went to that tryout. I have no clue. Yes, that's a very unflattering picture. Yes, she's out of place. But I don't give a crap. And if that pic had never been taken, no one else would give a crap. So she's not good looking enough. That's what the tryout is for. How does it harm the Pats to let her out there? It doesn't. There are pics of others at that tryout who aren't very good looking. I don't care. My life didn't suddenly suck because they were allowed to tryout.

I think people are just upset because as they launch their browser, lift up their belly in order to find the "little guy", and start thinking about all the sweet pictures from tryouts they were gonna wank to, when suddenly, they see that. I suppose we COULD cut them some slack.

Or not. :coffee:

to be honest all this does is give Kraft and his brand "New England Patriots" free publicity by the press covering it...I thought a guy tried out a couple years ago...was it that Shuster Freak

I lived next door to a Pats Cheerleader as a kid...very tall Gymnast who had large Orbs filling her sweater...I think being top heavy helped her with her flip momentum......she was on the team a couple of years...her parents still live there, I wonder where she went - she was a sight to see jogging

Practice what you preach? :shrug:

Again, why the hell do you care? So in your opinion, she's not good looking enough. So what. You and Luso have no clue why she went to that tryout. I have no clue. Yes, that's a very unflattering picture. Yes, she's out of place. But I don't give a crap. And if that pic had never been taken, no one else would give a crap. So she's not good looking enough. That's what the tryout is for. How does it harm the Pats to let her out there? It doesn't. There are pics of others at that tryout who aren't very good looking.

I really don't care. Why you're getting so bent out of shape about it, I don't know. I was just voicing my opinion and giving another view on it to offset the luso-bashing. I just think it's funny how everyone jumps to defend her in this PC world we live in. She's obviously not worthy of being on the team. If she was in good physical shape, it'd be different. (If it was just a case of Buttaface then makeup and distance can certainly take care of that.) But she's obviously not in shape so, combined with her age and her non-beauty-pageant look, her trying out for the squad is frankly kinda nutty, more than likely embarrassing, and will inevitably draw a lot of nasty humor (as it's already doing). Hell, let's get the Gothapotamus and let him (her? it?) try out as well, then. (Even cheerleading, in it's own twisted objective way, has some... what's the word I'm looking for... standards? Scruples? Integrity? I'm sure the girls trying out for the squad who deserve to actually have a chance don't take kindly to it, or to the publicity.)

The phrase is "dance like no one's watching". It's not "dance like no one's watching, when you know EVERYONE is watching", LOL.

I don't care. My life didn't suddenly suck because they were allowed to tryout.

My life didn't suddenly suck because of it, either. There are bigger things to worry about, like how badly Belichick got #$&^ed in the Vrabel/Cassel trade. (Just kidding. Sort of.)

(Even cheerleading, in it's own twisted objective way, has some... what's the word I'm looking for... standards? Scruples? Integrity? I'm sure the girls trying out for the squad who deserve to actually have a chance don't take kindly to it, or to the publicity.)
Completely forgot about that aspect too JD. Thanks for adding that in.

I'm sure the 21-25 year olds who work out 5 hours a day and have dance classes for another 2 hours a day for 6 of the 7 days a week must've been oh so pleased that Mrs. "I'm out to prove the world that ugly women can try out too" was in the same tryouts as them. I'm sure that really made them feel all warm and fuzzy inside as well.

Maybe she is a female sports writer like George Plimpton and is going to write a book about the experience similar to Paper Lion or Open Net about trying out to be a Bruins Goalie

Back