Patriots accused of filming Bengals from press box - BS or fact?

I just read a report that the production crew set up all the equipment right in front of the Bengals scouts. lol. Those sneaky bastards.

Doug Kyed
@DougKyed
·
33m
Notes on the Patriots' latest controversy:

-- I spoke to a source who's adamant the Patriots did not intentionally break NFL rules and that it instead was an “unfortunate coincidence." The TV production studio is different and separate from football, as Belichick has stated.
Show this thread
Brianna Pirre Retweeted
Doug Kyed
@DougKyed
·
33m
-- The normal photogs who shoot for Kraft Sports Productions were working the Chiefs-Patriots game, so freelancers were hired to shoot the “Do Your Job” segment in Cleveland. Source was doubtful production crew in Cleveland was aware of the NFL rules.

[/B]

I'm not sure you can say that. Eight minutes is a long time. it's enough time to easily go through a large percentage of calls.

With a 40 second play clock and a play that might take 5-10 seconds to run, one might see say 3 plays in 2 mins.

So we are talking about 12-15 plays tops. Not a lot of plays . . .

This also assumes not time outs, injuries, change of possession, commercials, etc.

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

Here is the thing. Its really not the NFL. If this were some crap team, they would not even be in a story. 31 other owners are going to scream from the rooftops because the pats win too much and we have to get them. So the NFL will bow to that and throw the book at them and then you have justification that the pats committed the most heinous crime ion NFL history. I knew the outcome as soon as I saw the letter from the Patriots which came out really quick.

They might but it would not be correct.

My guess is that this is an isolated event and the NFL will not care.

With a 40 second play clock and a play that might take 5-10 seconds to run, one might see say 3 plays in 2 mins.

So we are talking about 12-15 plays tops. Not a lot of plays . . .

This also assumes not time outs, injuries, change of possession, commercials, etc.

I'm tired of your logical explanations.

You provide NO entertainment.

At least call me an ASSHOLE when you post! It's the Patriot Way.

What I posted on Facebook on my page regarding the topic

The big thing in the nfl world is “omg, the patriots cheated again”. At least that is what headline writers want you to think. I been reading about it and I believe it a big nothing.

Lets start with the basics. The patriots had a camera crew at the bengals/browns game. Now normal video crews at games know the rules. The crew at this game had permission to be there, there were highlighting a person within the patriots organ. It was an advance scout. Every team probably has one and it is allowed. The issue became they inadvertently, intentionally without malicious intent or other reasons got sideline video of the two teams. Don’t know how officials with the nfl found out but the crew gave up the video before leaving the stadium.

Now onto the reason they were there. I believe it wasn’t to cheat because why would they need to cheat against the bengals or browns? On the patriots YouTube channel is a series of videos called “do your job”. They highlight everyone from the dietician to athletic trainers to who knows. There is currently 7 videos from this season. I looked myself. The patriots organization put out a statement saying yes they were there with a video crew, yes they might’ve gotten non allowed video but the nfl had it, also they accept responsibility.

Now from reading, it seems that Kraft media (not directly connected to football operations) does these videos. They were at the patriots game that week so they hired a freelance crew. I can tell you I have done stuff (taking photos) for my work at High school and college football games. High school is basically stay off the field. College, I was firmly told once no taking photos from behind the bench. Was I taking photos, I wasn’t. I stopped to talk to someone and my lens was pointed that way. Did I know that was a rule at first, nope.

Did the patriots, or someone associated with them, get sideline video, yes and they admit that. Was it cheating, I don’t believe it was because it was inadvertent or not done with ill intent. Of course anyone anti patriots are going to they cheated, anyone pro patriots are going to say they didn’t. I’m not pro or anti.

I think the camera man knew the rules, focused on the sidelines, and then made a commotion to draw attention to himself in order to get caught.

This was not a Kraft Entertainment employee but a hired gun who purposely screwed the Patriots over.

I bet he is a Browns fan still pissed off at Bill Belichick for the Kosar/ Testaverde swap and tried screw the Patriots and get the league to punish them!!!!

Am I the only one who doesn’t care about the accusation but want this to spark the team to go on another magical run. For some reason the accusations give them motivation and I’ll take it at this point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I the only one who doesn’t care about the accusation but want this to spark the team to go on another magical run. For some reason the accusations give them motivation and I’ll take it at this point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
you will care in May during the draft when a player is available to the Pats to drafting but they lost that pick over this!

You've really provided some food for thought here, HF.

Let's review, shall we?

Your guys just got a gift-wrapped win courtesy of the NFL. We got ass-porked by the NFL like it was a shower scene from OZ. No lube, no pack of smokes.

Right now the entire world thinks we suck and can't score. Nobody is even bothering to say "maybe".

But they're all wrong. Again. This is going to be the Trojan Horse to end all Trojan Horses. We are going to sweep the table and in a few short month's time all the experts will wish they used the word "maybe" before they all shot their mouths off. Again. No cliff, no end of the trail for the Cheatin' Pats.

I really hope we get to play your guys again, but it don't really matter how it all shakes out -- the KC Chiefs are a pretty good team that won't be winning shit this season. Not quite good enough. You know it and I know it.

We'll beat anybody we have to beat wherever we have to beat them and instead of a New World Order in the AFC it's going to be meet the new boss-- same as the old boss.

Oh, and with all due respect-- go fuck yourself.

Seconded

I'm tired of your logical explanations.

You provide NO entertainment.

At least call me an ASSHOLE when you post! It's the Patriot Way.
Personally I see you more as an idiot than an asshole.

My opinion: rules were broken so,

1. the Pats org filmed the field and sideline of an active game from the press box which is absolutely forbidden under current league rules. The Pats org, the Kraft Productions arm, will definitely be fined.
2. Kraft will also pay a fine personally.
3. the Browns allowed the filming of the scout to occur without notifying the Bengals or the NFL of it. That's against league rules. The Browns will get a lesser fine.
4. the football arm of the Pats org will be found 'not guilty' by the NFL of gaining a competitive advantage.

1. the Pats org filmed the field and sideline of an active game from the press box which is absolutely forbidden under current league rules. The Pats org, the Kraft Productions arm, will definitely be fined.
3. the Browns allowed the filming of the scout to occur without notifying the Bengals or the NFL of it. That's against league rules. The Browns will get a lesser fine.
4. the football arm of the Pats org will be found 'not guilty' by the NFL of gaining a competitive advantage.

While I hope all this comes to fruition, I still remember the climate in here after the Wells Report was released and we all thought that Brady dodged a bullet.

I could see a draft pick being taken away for "repeat offender" status.

I’d be fine with that. With the caveat of Kraft being responsible and offering to pay Cleves fine as well.

He’s got extra scratch in his pockets since he only pays $69 for his tugjobs.

Back