Patriots accused of filming Bengals from press box - BS or fact?

Why would you ever expect the troglodyte fans of this league to listen? Just make fun of them and move on.

Maybe I should have, but did not think to at the time. :dbanana:.

All they did was hit my post with a negative thumbs down.

Now i just read their posts on the matter for kicks.

Does anyone here really give a shit about this crap? Trying to convince other fan bases that the Pats aren't cheaters is a complete and utter waste of your time, I don't even bother with it anymore.

Does anyone here really give a shit about this crap? Trying to convince other fan bases that the Pats aren't cheaters is a complete and utter waste of your time, I don't even bother with it anymore.

No. The ONLY thing I care of is that player we could have had if the league didn’t take our draft pick.

^^^^

my sentiments exactly. Fuck every other fan base.

I love Matt Chatham but he's missing the rule in the rule book that says filming sidelines from the coaches' box is strictly forbidden. It doesn't matter what was filmed or the value of what was filmed, it doesn't matter if it were 8 minutes or 8 seconds. It can't be done. Therefore the league and the owners are up in arms over a team that's already done it before. There's no use saying "it was nothing" when it is absolutely something to the league and other owners.

I love Matt Chatham but he's missing the rule in the rule book that says filming sidelines from the coaches' box is strictly forbidden. It doesn't matter what was filmed or the value of what was filmed, it doesn't matter if it were 8 minutes or 8 seconds. It can't be done. Therefore the league and the owners are up in arms over a team that's already done it before. There's no use saying "it was nothing" when it is absolutely something to the league and other owners.[/QUOT

Is the press box the same as the coaches' box?

I love Matt Chatham but he's missing the rule in the rule book that says filming sidelines from the coaches' box is strictly forbidden. It doesn't matter what was filmed or the value of what was filmed, it doesn't matter if it were 8 minutes or 8 seconds. It can't be done. Therefore the league and the owners are up in arms over a team that's already done it before. There's no use saying "it was nothing" when it is absolutely something to the league and other owners.[/QUOT

Is the press box the same as the coaches' box?

I was just gonna ask the same question. :)

I love Matt Chatham but he's missing the rule in the rule book that says filming sidelines from the coaches' box is strictly forbidden. It doesn't matter what was filmed or the value of what was filmed, it doesn't matter if it were 8 minutes or 8 seconds. It can't be done. Therefore the league and the owners are up in arms over a team that's already done it before. There's no use saying "it was nothing" when it is absolutely something to the league and other owners.
the rule is you can not film the opposing sideline, I am pretty sure no location is ok to focus to on the sideline. This looks bad, sucks.

like for 20 years we said teh Bills suck, you suck (implying Bills suck)

no scout needed, this was purely a way to cheat and I love it- hell I suggest they get that camera Churro thing Fox had on their pre-game show and film more!!! and then I hope we put a beating on teh Bills this week and end their run.

Pats winning this week doesn't end our run. We clinched last night, but you are right about one thing - for about 20 years, we sure did suck!

the rule is you can not film the opposing sideline, I am pretty sure no location is ok to focus to on the sideline. This looks bad, sucks.

It doesn’t look bad at all. There is absolutely NOTHING to be garnered off that.

It’s being blown out of proportion and exploited as a hot button news topic because of who and what it is. It’s low hanging fruit the media shamelessly gloms on. It’s headline material 95% of the readers won’t take a second to read thru and understand. They’ll just swallow the lead and regurgitate it to friends and family.

Sports mimics society. Anyone that took the time to really understand what has happened in our political environment since 2016 would get it.

It doesn’t look bad at all. There is absolutely NOTHING to be garnered off that.

It’s being blown out of proportion and exploited as a hot button news topic because of who and what it is. It’s low hanging fruit the media shamelessly gloms on. It’s headline material 95% of the readers won’t take a second to read thru and understand. They’ll just swallow the lead and regurgitate it to friends and family.

Sports mimics society. Anyone that took the time to really understand what has happened in our political environment since 2016 would get it.

This.

It's a rule violation and Kraft and the Pats will pay a price, but it doesn't "look bad" given the actual circumstances.

This was the only game it occurred. The crew did almost nothing to conceal what they were doing. It seems unlikely that they were directed to film the sideline by anyone inside the organization, especially the football side.

So ya, a rule was broken by a camera crew contracted by the Pats. And ya, it looks bad that Kraft "let this happen" under him again. But I think anyone with half a brain can look at the circumstances and realize there was no intent to "cheat".

I will be interested in seeing what the penalty that is handed down by the NFL on the Pats.

Also, be nice to know what else is on the tape and know the percentage of the sideline footage is to the entire content on the tape.

The thing that folks will run with is that the tape was stopped when they were filming the sideline, leaving folks to be able to say that who knows they might of taped the entire game.

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

I am tired too, i spent a few hours on Chiefs Planet the other day trying to make a few points and they would not listen. I can understand folks of other teams being frustrated.

Sure Kraft can say something which i hope he would. At the same time though the act was done by a branch of the Pats, and thus i can see the NFL still coming down on the Pats.

Time will tell.

I would hate to think the NFL will try to create another drawn out saga.

Did you bother with the asshats over on Colts.com?

What a malarial dump of a site that place has turned into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I understand that, but I like logical people and that's Chatham. I don't care how up in arms people get over something. A person's untethered emotion means literally nothing to the actual situation.

Was a rule broken? Yes. Did it give us any advantage? No. Slap the wrist, move on.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Ok, I think you are missing the point. You want to fine Kraft because some guy screwed up, fine, but the media and everyone else is making this out to be the guy was going to give the footage to Belichick and the pats football organization was behind it. They are literally calling for Belichick to be suspended over this. So yeah I get the rule, but can there be some logic applied to it?

Ok, I think you are missing the point. You want to fine Kraft because some guy screwed up, fine, but the media and everyone else is making this out to be the guy was going to give the footage to Belichick and the pats football organization was behind it. They are literally calling for Belichick to be suspended over this. So yeah I get the rule, but can there be some logic applied to it?

Click bait = BS...don't believe the hype.

No, I'm not missing the point at all. Do you blame them? It's up to football operations to prove they had nothing to do with it and wouldn't have benefited from it. So far, BB has denied involvement and you can be sure the NFL world accepts him at his word, can't you? No, probably not. Maybe you should look at it from the other owners' perspective. Deserved or not, there's a long history trailing the Patriots organization. That's undeniable. Proof is needed and in a kangaroo court that proof has to be rock solid. Kraft's silence is sickening.

Back