Patriots ALL-Pro team

Is the AP All pro out? Do you have a link?

Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski, QB Tom Brady named First Team All Pro, Matthew Slater named Second Team

Congratulations to the Patriots.
By Rich Hill@PP_Rich_Hill Updated Jan 5, 2018, 12:24pm EST

Photo by Tom Szczerbowski/Getty Images
New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski earned his fourth career First Team All Pro nomination, earning himself the maximum incentives in his restructured contract for 2017. The Associated Press released the results on Friday.

Gronkowski finished the season with 1,084 receiving yards and 8 touchdowns, leading the tight end position in yardage despite missing two games. He is also regarded as one of the top blocking tight ends in the NFL.

Quarterback Tom Brady was also named First Team All Pro after leading the NFL with 4,577 passing yards and ranking third with 32 touchdown passes and a passer rating of 102.8.

Congratulations to both Gronkowski and Brady. We will have information on whether any Patriots were named to the Second Team when the results are fully released.

Update: Special teams captain Matthew Slater was named Second Team All Pro special teamer with 6 votes, behind Arizona Cardinals special teamer Budda Baker with 30 votes. Slater played just 9 games this year, so this is, uh, an impressive outcome.

Gronkowski received 2 votes as flex offensive player, Stephen Gostkowski received 3 votes at kicker, and Devin McCourty received 1 vote at safety. No other Patriots received votes.

Only Brady, Gronkowski, and Slater are considered All Pros for 2017.
https://www.patspulpit.com/2018/1/5...nkowski-qb-tom-brady-named-first-team-all-pro

So Brady had 47 of the 50 votes, Gronk had 40 of the 50 votes. Was not close on either. Gronk actually received votes as a flex player as well.

Somewhere, Rich Gannon sheds a single tear.

Scott Kacsmar may be shedding more. :***:

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

So Brady had 47 of the 50 votes, Gronk had 40 of the 50 votes. Was not close on either. Gronk actually received votes as a flex player as well.

That vote count probably bodes well for Brady winning MVP as the same voters who vote All pro are the same ones who vote MVP.

Here is the complete list of the 1st and 2nd teams:

First Team Offense

Quarterback – Tom Brady, Patriots

Running Back – Todd Gurley, Rams

Flex – Le’Veon Bell, Steelers

Tight End – Rob Gronkowski, Patriots

Wide Receivers – Antonio Brown, Steelers; DeAndre Hopkins, Texans

Left Tackle – Andrew Whitworth, Rams

Right Tackle – Lane Johnson, Eagles

Left Guard – Andrew Norwell, Panthers

Right Guard – David DeCastro, Steelers

Center – Jason Kelce, Eagles

First Team Defense

Edge Rushers – Calais Campbell, Jaguars; Cameron Jordan, Saints

Interior Linemen – Aaron Donald, Rams; Cam Heyward, Steelers

Linebackers – Chandler Jones, Cardinals; Luke Kuechly, Panthers; Bobby Wagner, Seahawks

Cornerbacks – Jalen Ramsey, Jaguars; Xavier Rhodes, Vikings

Safeties – Kevin Byard, Titans; Harrison Smith, Vikings

Defensive Back – Darius Slay, Lions

First Team Special Teams

Punter – Johnny Hekker, Rams

Kicker – Greg Zuerlein, Rams

Kick Returner – Pharoh Cooper, Rams

Returner – Jamal Agnew, Lions

Special Teamer – Budda Baker, Cardinals

Second Team Offense

Quarterback – Carson Wentz, Eagles

Running Back – Le’Veon Bell, Steelers

Flex – Alvin Kamara, Saints

Tight End – Travis Kelce, Chiefs

Wide Receivers – Julio Jones, Falcons; Adam Thielen, Vikings

Left Tackle – David Bakhtiari, Packers

Right Tackle – Mitchell Schwartz, Chiefs, and Daryl Williams, Panthers

Left Guard – Rodger Saffold, Rams

Right Guard – Zach Martin, Cowboys

Center – Alex Mack, Falcons

Second Team Defense

Edge Rushers – Everson Griffen, Vikings; DeMarcus Lawrence, Cowboys

Interior Linemen – Fletcher Cox, Eagles; Calais Campbell, Jaguars

Linebackers – Von Miller, Broncos; C.J. Mosley, Ravens; Telvin Smith, Jaguars

Cornerbacks – Casey Hayward, Chargers; A. J. Bouye, Jaguars

Safeties – Earl Thomas, Seahawks; Micah Hyde, Bills

Defensive Back – Xavier Rhodes, Vikings

Second Team Special Teams

Punter – Brett Kern, Titans

Placekicker – Justin Tucker, Ravens

Kick Returner – Tyler Lockett, Seahawks

Punt Returner – Pharoh Cooper, Rams

Special Teamer – Matthew Slater, Patriots

# of votes

DSy158YU0AAEt55.jpg

<small class="time"> </small>

DSy17LyVQAAyMBs.jpg

DSy2Ld9U8AADEI-.jpg

DSy2US_VQAUCBgC.jpg

DSy2Va_VoAAtb85.jpg

I'm happy that Gronk is making all his incentives.

I thought there was a good chance he would be upset after not getting a sniff against the Jets, but he was totally great about it and talked only about the team.

Since it was a considerable amount of cash, the cynic in me wonders if Gronk had already gotten tipped off that he was going to get paid anyway.

I doubt the all-pro team votes are guarded like Fort Knox. Somebody must've dropped a dime.

And, presumably, our playoff opponents will be developing defensive game plans for the Pats to use Gronk only as a blocker and decoy for our new DPW offense, which stands for Deep Passing in Winter.

Has this "Flex" position always been a thing? It feels a little too fantasy footballish for me and I like fantasy football. It also feels like a way to get Bell a spot even though he wasn't good enough for the RB spot.

I'm happy that Gronk is making all his incentives.

I thought there was a good chance he would be upset after not getting a sniff against the Jets, but he was totally great about it and talked only about the team.

Since it was a considerable amount of cash, the cynic in me wonders if Gronk had already gotten tipped off that he was going to get paid anyway.

I doubt the all-pro team votes are guarded like Fort Knox. Somebody must've dropped a dime.

And, presumably, our playoff opponents will be developing defensive game plans for the Pats to use Gronk only as a blocker and decoy for our new DPW offense, which stands for Deep Passing in Winter.

I am not sure the pats opponents are that stupid, but yeah. It did strike me as odd he didn't get a pass attempt, but I wonder if it was more for health concerns. I think, that the Patriots do some things in games they figure they will win to throw off other teams, like keep it simple, don't show too much, things like that. It looks at times as if they are weak in area's and it gets an overreaction, we will see in the playoffs.

# of votes

DSy158YU0AAEt55.jpg

<small class="time"> </small>

DSy17LyVQAAyMBs.jpg

DSy2Ld9U8AADEI-.jpg

DSy2US_VQAUCBgC.jpg

DSy2Va_VoAAtb85.jpg

The fact that Gostkowski only got 3 votes is a ****ing joke. He was 2 points behind Legatron in points scored, and had almost identical FG and XP%, and had the best kickoff starting position in the league by a mile.

I guess they listened to some of you wanting to 'bring in competition'. :coffee:

The fact that Gostkowski only got 3 votes is a ****ing joke. He was 2 points behind Legatron in points scored, and had almost identical FG and XP%, and had the best kickoff starting position in the league by a mile.

I guess they listened to some of you wanting to 'bring in competition'. :coffee:

The fact that Boswell only got 6 with his leg winning 4 games as time expired is whats a ****ing joke.

BTW
5>2
F :)

Last year, he had his struggles...but, this year, he kicked ass.

And I was one of those "whiners"... :coffee:

Back