Patriots close to deal with tight end Daniel Fells

Denism

Conas ata t?
Reaction score
The New England Patriots are looking to add a blocking tight end, and they may have found one.

Adam Schefter of ESPN is reporting that the Pats are closing in on a deal with free-agent tight end Daniel Fells.

Fells played in 14 games for the Rams last season, starting four. Although the 272-pounder is mostly known as a blocker, he did catch 21 passes for 273 yards and three touchdowns last season.

The Patriots are also said to be interested in tight end Alge Crumpler.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/09/patriots-close-to-deal-with-tight-end-daniel-fells/
:coffee:

What a TE :shrug:

I really like this move. I am going to back and eat my words about the whole Greg Olsen trade and say, Daniel Fells and Alge Crumpler are welcome here in NE.

Never heard of him either

I really like this move. I am going to back and eat my words about the whole Greg Olsen trade and say, Daniel Fells and Alge Crumpler are welcome here in NE.

I'm not thrilled about Crumpler. He's way past his prime at this point, and I don't think he'd make much of an impact here.

Now, if there is any way they could wrestle Jermichael Finley away from Green Bay......

What a TE :shrug:
tight%20end.bmp

This guy is can't miss...

He has been on both the Tampa bay and oakland practice squads. His senior year of College he had 10 catches for 165 yards before breaking his ankle...do we even need to play the season? I mean with pickups like this nobody can stop us now.

this guy is can't miss...

He has been on both the tampa bay and oakland practice squads. His senior year of college he had 10 catches for 165 yards before breaking his ankle...do we even need to play the season? I mean with pickups like this nobody can stop us now.
late bloomer...like that geek chick you bump into at your 10 year reunion and she is smoking hot

late bloomer...like that geek chick you bump into at your 10 year reunion and she is smoking hot

No, this is exactly what I didnt want the pats to go scrape up, this is why we are angry on here. They need to realize that its not 2003 and you cannot just throw any old guy in a pats uniform and get insta pro bowler. This pisses me off!!:banghead:

Back