Patriots-Dolphins II Official Gameday Thread

C1HRN0JUUAAFXmj.jpg

Ajayi is a FF fool's gold.
yeah but my bench RB was DL'd

Tom really spoke a lot longer than usual there at the presser. Seems really happy, says it's one excited lockerrom after that win.

He spoke about many things. Lauded the OL and said Dante is the best O Line coach in the NFL. Said how BB sets the tome after every game, putting the last game behind them very quickly and moving on.

He also showed what a machine he was. With the delayed flight yesterday, he said because he was on the plane for 6 hours instead of 3, he could double up on his film time!

Praised Floud and the work JB did with him and a lot of respect for the defense and the position they've been putting the offense in.

This team has that look about them. They're united, focussed, all phases playing well and they have the mental and physical toughness.
with all the stories of teams fighting internally, O vs D, I think Tom's comments are presented to show the closeness and unity of this team

Rousy needs to retire and do something else...she's done as a fighter.
i volunteer to be the something

We've spent this whole season hearing about how the Pats HAD to have homefield to do anything in the playoffs. Now that they have it, I fully expect the narrative to be "But they are beatable at home since they lost their only 2 games there!!1!111111111!!!!" ROFL

"But they haven't played anybody!!!"

ROFL

Bill just called it at the presser.

Nice game.
No 57 yard run for Akayi(sp).

And no melt down in the 78 degree heat. They seemed unaffected by the weather today.

Nice game.
No 57 yard run for Akayi(sp).

And no melt down in the 78 degree heat. They seemed unaffected by the weather today.

They were unaffected by the Miami D. :coffee:

Classic ROFL

Gerry Callahan @GerryCallahan
41m
One last note on CBS broadcast team of Eagle-Fouts: I don't believe any Patriot player or coach has EVER called Trey Flowers 'technique.'

In case anyone wants to see the Floyd block on the Edelman TD:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/u5Hgcn0Mj9Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shows what a tool Fouts is. On that play where Suh jumped way offside and took a shot at David Andrews, Fouts says, it may not be legal, but it sends a message.

What???

I hate Suh without qualification, but on that play Andrews did actually flinch enough to justify Suh doing what he did.

Of course, he put some extra dirt on it, but the top-notch broadcasting team didn't notice it despite having a crystal-clear close up shot to ignore.

Still, select any random play and focus on Suh and you'll see he is guilty of something, so I'm not planning on organizing a protest.

I hate Suh without qualification, but on that play Andrews did actually flinch enough to justify Suh doing what he did.

Of course, he put some extra dirt on it, but the top-notch broadcasting team didn't notice it despite having a crystal-clear close up shot to ignore.

Still, select any random play and focus on Suh and you'll see he is guilty of something, so I'm not planning on organizing a protest.

I'd love to know what Suh did to Blount at the bottom of that pile. :coffee:

Butler allowed two catches for 15 yards....

The Ninth time this season he's allowed two or fewer catches.

Whenever I watch Norman vs. Beckham, I always SMH at how those coaching staffs put up with that crap. Malcolm is very scrappy and feisty and aggressive too, but he doesn't get anything but respect that I know of from those WRs he faces (minus bitter beer face Sanders, lol).
Can I please reiterate how glad I am that the Pats resigned Dev? Man, I was sweating that at the time. He's no Earl Thomas but he's a top 5 safety, no doubt.

Whenever I watch Norman vs. Beckham, I always SMH at how those coaching staffs put up with that crap. Malcolm is very scrappy and feisty and aggressive too, but he doesn't get anything but respect that I know of from those WRs he faces (minus bitter beer face Sanders, lol).
Can I please reiterate how glad I am that the Pats resigned Dev? Man, I was sweating that at the time. He's no Earl Thomas but he's a top 5 safety, no doubt.

Butler is up there with Jules for agression. He just loves the battle. You see after every play where he's stopped someone and he damn loves it. But he does not get involved as you say in silly stuff that will cose the team. Jules had one yesterday but ususally Jules just jaws and I love that, takes no c**p.

i guess players like that, who really came from nowhere, where nobody expected them to make it, will always have that chip. Especially if they're small guys as well. Steve Smith comes to mind as well.

Yeah that was dumb of Jules, whose saltiness I usually love. He's struggled this year, so he's probably frustrated, but damn, can't cost your team like that.

I remember holding my breath watching Butler on Beckham last year but they just scrapped, and hugged after the game IIRC.

I'm totally in agreement. Last night somebody caught a TD and dunked on the goal post and cost his team 15 on the KO.

It's a little thing, but it's completely unnecessary. The guy wanted to show off and he didn't care that he put the KO team at a disadvantage when he had a hundred different options to bust a move that wouldn't have bothered anybody.

Bill doesn't mind people getting excited after they do something good, but not stupid shit like that which will draw a flag every time.

Patriots know better than to pull shit like that. Bill won't stand for it.

I had the same sort of thoughts watching that Norman/Beckham sidewalk act. Two idiots trying to declare themselves the alpha male by acting idiotically.

2 Peacocks strutting and flashing their feathers. Or
2 dicks with shrinkage claiming to touch bottom

Either way that stuff bugs me so much, more respect for they guy who acts like it was no big deal, been there, done that.

Back