Patriots release DT Terrance Knighton

A real bummer this guy didn't work out.

I wonder if he resigns with the Broncs. With Vance Walker out it almost would make sense. Wonder if he has anything left?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Well it's been real New England. The road continues</p>— Terrance Knighton (@MisterRoast98) <a href="https://twitter.com/MisterRoast98/status/770238700374597633">August 29, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

A classic case of a guy thinking he had it made and then not working hard enough.

I saw him at the in-stadium practice the night Kevin Faulk got inducted into our HOF and I was really shocked at how fat he looked. He had turned into a real slob and he got pushed around in game action a lot more than he would have had he gotten himself in better shape.

He'll get a job before the day is out, but he isn't going to do shit this season unless he gets serious and drops some pounds.

He won't get past Buffalo. Rex will snap him up to see if Pot Roast is mad at us, which he shouldn't be.

The fact that he didn't play a single defensive snap in the 3rd preseason game spoke volumes. If he realy is as lazy as people who watched him have said, I don't want him in the same locker room with Brown.

Pats are dumping dead weight and clearing cap space for a reason. Hopefully they tie up at least 1 of the "big 3" FA's before the season starts.

That's very disappointing. I thought a guy like that, from the area would be busting a gut to get in shape and give it his all. Seems like he just assumed he'd make the team and clearly his attitude did not impress old Billy Boy. You contrast that to Long and the other additions who have been working their socks off and have impressed.

Very disappointing. He's a big character and I thought he could really contribute. Big Vince went out on a limb for him as well.

EDIT: To be fair to Knighton, I may well be totally wrong on this, Reiss is saying it was really a simple case that he could not adjust to 2 gap. Reiss said he was in shape, great attitude but struggled in 2 gap which was clearly seen against the Bears. Doesn't seem to be any hard feelings from Knighton anyway,

Terrance Knighton ✔ @MisterRoast98
Great respect for Robert Kraft and bill Belichick. Learned some things from my time here.
2:26 PM - 29 Aug 2016

Back