Pats at Jets: Official Game Thread

It was like watching one of those youtube videos where the guy walks out into traffic and somehow every car misses him.

I'd say it was like the Jets players were treating Brady as if he was another "ref" on the field. (Don't worry old dude, I won't hurt you!) Huge thanks to Jets players!!!

I'd say it was like the Jets players were treating Brady as if he was another "ref" on the field. (Don't worry old dude, I won't hurt you!) Huge thanks to Jets players!!!

Amen.....it was actually Revis who gave him the friendly pat afterwards to make sure he was OK....nice touch. Again, huge respect to those Jets players for not creaming him. You can see though on the replay they were correctly focussing on tackling Blount. They all converged on him.

A predictable deluge of comments on Dan Hanzus's twitter though from other fans.....saying the Jets should have gone straight for his knees etc etc

https://twitter.com/DanHanzus/status/802992960392597512

The Jets seem to be taking some flak for not taking the free hit on Tom..As per Rich Cimini.

Bowles had no issues with it. Fair play to him....

Bowles said he had no problem with it, and the point was made in the quote that Ryan might have handled it different. Agreed. And so might Fisher this week.

Still, let's give Tom a little credit for not getting killed. He seems to have employed his recently upgraded pocket manuevers to negotiate his way untouched through a tricky assortment of green jerseys.

The Jets players should count their blessings that Tom didn't decide to use his laser beam eyes to destroy them all!

My friends and I were laughing our asses off watching Brady tip toe through like he was surprised to find himself out there. It shows the measure of respect that players have for Brady because the Jets D could have cleanly & legally laid him out but chose not to.

Tom Brady has won the internet for the day. Nobody else even needs to try. Maybe tomorrow.

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FTomBrady%2Fvideos%2F1331145090259971%2F&show_text=0&width=560" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

This is so funny but I wonder how long it will be before Brady is ordered by the NFL to take it down since the video isn't sanctioned by the NFL.
Brady is obviously throwing up a middle finger to Goodell every chance he can get. This is a brilliant move by Brady imo.

Brady's comment on his "blocking" skills (via Mike Reiss):

3. How does a quarterback show toughness? Brady talked about how important it is to him to be available to the team. "For a quarterback, it’s hard to really show toughness other than being out there every play. I mean, you guys saw what happened when I get out in front of a running back, I can’t do [expletive]," he cracked.

This is so funny but I wonder how long it will be before Brady is ordered by the NFL to take it down since the video isn't sanctioned by the NFL.
Brady is obviously throwing up a middle finger to Goodell every chance he can get. This is a brilliant move by Brady imo.
I see a suspension coming for Tom.

I thought Goodell prohibited teams from posting game images/video on their official web pages, not individual players :shrug_n:

My friends and I were laughing our asses off watching Brady tip toe through like he was surprised to find himself out there. It shows the measure of respect that players have for Brady because the Jets D could have cleanly & legally laid him out but chose not to.

Honestly, it's a great credit to the Jets defenders that they didn't do that. Other teams would not have followed suit you can count on that. I thought Bowles was spot on, you concentrate on getting the ball carrier. Sure, you could take out Tom, but he was clearly not really blocking and if you went for Tom you'd only be allowing LG to get even more yards potentially.

I didn't read this entire thread and it may have been mentioned, but I'd like to single out Chris Hogan for not only contributing in the passing game, but for his remarkable blocking and an outstanding play in getting rid of the ball when he was getting quick pressure on the option pass to White (I think it was him).

There was an recent article about Hogan that talked about what a superb all-around athlete he is and that play illustrated that nicely as most non-QBs tend to need some time to set and throw accurately. The chances of that completion happening were slight given the fact that he was hit almost immediately and he needed all of his athletic skill to pull that off.

Chris Hogan was an excellent FA signing and I think he is growing as a player and becoming a bigger part of the offense steadily. I don't know where his ceiling as a player is, but he's good now and could get significantly better.

Great job, Hogan.

Ha, ha, nice to see Tom can laugh at himself. He looked totally out of place. I do give the Jets' D credit for leaving him be. :)

Tom's kid Ben was on briefly with Jim Gray Monday night. Said Dad got hit and was a donkey out there! Watch it, kid, you might get coal in your stocking. ROFL

I didn't read this entire thread and it may have been mentioned, but I'd like to single out Chris Hogan for not only contributing in the passing game, but for his remarkable blocking and an outstanding play in getting rid of the ball when he was getting quick pressure on the option pass to White (I think it was him).

There was an recent article about Hogan that talked about what a superb all-around athlete he is and that play illustrated that nicely as most non-QBs tend to need some time to set and throw accurately. The chances of that completion happening were slight given the fact that he was hit almost immediately and he needed all of his athletic skill to pull that off.

Chris Hogan was an excellent FA signing and I think he is growing as a player and becoming a bigger part of the offense steadily. I don't know where his ceiling as a player is, but he's good now and could get significantly better.

Great job, Hogan.

Agreed. Loved the signing. He and Mitchell may come in real handy out wide if Gronk's injuries continue to mount up. Use the whole field!

What's the movie clip from at the end?

Seen it. Can't place it.

Back