Phil Jackson, innovator of the triangle but is he racist?

Was Jackson being racist with his comments?

• Hell yeah he was

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mikiemo83

The Future
Reaction score
We all heard the BS about LeBron and his tantrum to stay in Cleveland an extra night, about how the <strike>puppet</strike> Head Coach had to call Riley and the subsequent comment by Phil Jackson about LeBron's Posse - do you feel it is a racist comment?

Or was it just a term for a group of people who Follow their leader?

pos·se
/ˈpäsē/
noun
noun: posse; plural noun: posses

UShistorical
a body of men, typically armed, summoned by a sheriff to enforce the law.

•Britishhistorical
the body of men in a county whom the sheriff could summon to enforce the law.
noun: posse comitatus; plural noun: posse comitatus

•informal
a group of people who have a common characteristic, occupation, or purpose.
"he pompously led around a posse of medical students

poll coming

Hell no!

It's just the latest shining example of politically correct shit.

Gaaaasssssssppppppppppp!!!!

He said posse!

In reference to black people!

Oh!

My!

God!

Is he insane!

Stop it. Just fvcking stop.

Yet another word that is now a code word for racism. Just stupid.

I'm a white male in Lily white, NH. Can someone please explain why Jackson saying the "p" word is as bad as saying the "n" word?

In fairness, Jackson said this back in 2004 I believe and it was a fair comment back then but Lebron bucked the trend of young black athletes and has not fallen trap to many of the temptations of others. I think he needed to credit James for the player and person he has turned out to be. I am not sure this is about "posse" as much as Jackson's failure to recognize that he was wrong about James back in 2004. JMO.

I'm a white male in Lily white, NH. Can someone please explain why Jackson saying the "p" word is as bad as saying the "n" word?

My simple view is that we live in a society peppered with people who are actively seeking the opportunity to be offended and outraged. It has become a way of life for some.:shrug_n:

This comment was just the latest that gave the opportunity. :mad:

You left off the choice: He is white so he MUST be racist.

1999 definition, most likely the last time Phil Jackson was not on pain meds for his back

posse

•a group of people.
There was a posse at dinner tonight.
◦See more words with the same meaning: a group.

•a group of friends who regularly hang out together.
Where's the posse at?
◦See more words with the same meaning: a group.
◦See more words with the same meaning: friend, friends.

Last edited on Dec 27 1999. Submitted by Anonymous on Dec 27 1999.

http://onlineslangdictionary.com/meaning-definition-of/posse

Is "giant douche bag" considered racist nowadays? I've been calling LeBron that for years and want to know if I should feel ashamed.

Also, same question goes for "flopping cry baby".

I fear speaking, I mean is Bad still bad meaning Good or does it mean bad again.

What words are on the offensive list today?

honest - a daily list should come out every day at 6 am of words that are no longer available for use today. Sure the list may be long but at least I know prior to talking what I can and can't say.

I think Phil Jackson is just an old dude trying to sound cool and when he was young, and relevant, the word posse was ok to use for the group of people who hung out with someone. I mean I honestly thought the word was used in rap music to represent the group who hung out with them.

or even with the Celtics Antoine Walker lost all his money gambling and providing for his posse.

am I racist saying that now but it was ok when written about Iverson:
Besides his penchant for expensive jewelry (A.I. was frequently seen wearing a platinum pendant made in the shape of a ‘3’ with 63 diamonds embedded on it), Iverson brought his posse – a group of as many as 50 people which included childhood friends, a hairstylist, and tattoo artist – along with him on all 76ers road trips and other excursions.

Iverson link Feb 13, 2012

Depends on whether you're a Posse member.

Naturally.

Cheers
when I was a young child I wanted to be a cowboy sheriff and went to Frontier Land or whatever it was called near lake George and joined the posse.

also did it as 6 Gun City in Jefferson NH tackling the bad guy that was supposed to break free.

so yeah I always wanted to be part of a posse.

The more important question, is are you allowed to grab him by the posse?

No. And the Cavs locker room is full of choir boys that respect women because after all they have mothers, sisters and aunts.

Just a wild guess, but I'm thinking that, since Phil is like 80 years old, and has been a player or coach for about 60 in the NBA, SOMEBODY who actually played with or for him would have figured out he was racist????

Ya know, BEFORE he made some comment that LeBron, who DOESN'T play for him, suddenly decided to call an apple an orange????

We all heard the BS about LeBron and his tantrum to stay in Cleveland an extra night, about how the <strike>puppet</strike> Head Coach had to call Riley and the subsequent comment by Phil Jackson about LeBron's Posse - do you feel it is a racist comment?

Or was it just a term for a group of people who Follow their leader?

poll coming

I thought it was a well established protocol, that if a white guy says it about black people, then it's racist. Other combinations are still acceptable, (at least for now).

:coffee:

I thought it was a well established protocol, that if a white guy says it about black people, then it's racist. Other combinations are still acceptable, (at least for now).

:coffee:
I have to agree with you but I am trying to politically correct myself and would like a daily update I can use as a guide so IF I say a word I can say it was clear to use at 6 am and invoke the 24 hour rule.

Back