Random Football News, 2021

Wow!

That adds three more key players for a team that on Monday placed tight end Travis Kelce, kicker Harrison Butker, and cornerback Charvarius Ward on the same list.

There are likely more positive tests to come, as Nate Taylor of TheAthletic.com reports Kansas City could have 10 or more players on the COVID-19 list by the end of the day.

Defensive tackle Chris Jones, linebacker Willie Gay, and wide receiver Josh Gordon were already on the COVID reserve from last week.

Wow!

That adds three more key players for a team that on Monday placed tight end Travis Kelce, kicker Harrison Butker, and cornerback Charvarius Ward on the same list.

There are likely more positive tests to come, as Nate Taylor of TheAthletic.com reports Kansas City could have 10 or more players on the COVID-19 list by the end of the day.

Defensive tackle Chris Jones, linebacker Willie Gay, and wide receiver Josh Gordon were already on the COVID reserve from last week.
Damn shame.

I mean it.

If the Steelers make it through the week without many players testing positive they have a very good shot to beat the Chiefs.

Obviously Pats gotta take care of business, but pretty cool to not have to discard the number 1 seed just yet.

I'll just put this here since it speaks for itself when I think of the Browns missing half their team this year
and the Patriots last year who almost beat the Chiefs with Brian Hoyer starting at QB.
This guy works for CBS Sports?!
Sorry, Chiefs, you're not special.

View: https://twitter.com/JameyEisenberg/status/1473385609972568070

Well, this comeback-from-lockdown season was rolling along pretty good and now the covid list can determine who wins and who loses just
by whose QB or star players are able to line up.

I'm not saying that the NFL is playing this crooked, or anything about the efficacy of the testing process, but........I am saying that if somebody
in the league office, say, somebody near the top of the pyramid, wanted to send a message to a team that he had an issue with then it would
be easy-peasy to do it now that everybody is conditioned to last-minute surprises.

For instance, let's say Green Bay was playing the Rams in the NFCCG and the league thought that having a home team playing in SoFi would be
a fun party for the usual rich suspects. All one would have to do is put Aaron on the list using some CIA tricks and keep him there and.....bingo......
Rams win.

What if somebody decided that Rodgers' little white lie about his vax status needs to be, let's say, discouraged.

That whole scenario would require some very sleazy, underhanded and dishonest power moves, so thank God we don't have any worries about the integrity of the
league office and it's top officers.

face.jpg

The only way I see it happening is if Mahomes were to test positive.

No, that won't happen. That would go against precedent already set. Starting QBs have missed games already.

The only way this makes sense is if they make the call strictly according to the number of players on Covid Reserve, not the relevant star power. MAYBE some consideration to a concentration in a specific position grouping, but even then, probably not.

If they consider star power it's just abuse-in-waiting, not to mention a clear punishment to any teams constructed with a focus on depth and value rather than top-heavy rosters.

Of course watch the game be pushed back to Wednesday... fuck it all.
I would fully expect the NFL to push the game off. Too many Ferraris to showcase in a nationally televised game, and they'd be able to move this to a primetime slot.

In fact, I am 100% convinced this will occur now.

Back