Random Football News

Status
Not open for further replies.
images

This

So Titus Young is locked out of the Lions' facility until further notice for beating the crap out of his teammate Louis Delmas last week. ROFL
WR beats the crap out of a teammate who's a defensive back? Who does Young think he is? Steve Smith? :p

They are a little nuts as a team, I agree.

WR beats the crap out of a teammate who's a defensive back? Who does Young think he is? Steve Smith? :p

They are a little nuts as a team, I agree.

They're the kind of team that has me waiting at the edge of my seat for the next stupid move so I can jump up and down clapping my hands.

Stupid is as stupid does, I guess.

It's hard to believe that Schwartz is a BB guy. I think he was around Fisher(god I hate that man) too long and all the BB in him is gone.

It's hard to believe that Schwartz is a BB guy. I think he was around Fisher(god I hate that man) too long and all the BB in him is gone.

Without. A. Doubt.

He's embarassing. I can't stand him on equal par of not being able to stand his team (except Calvin).

First of all, a 174 lb WR beats the crap out of a 200 lb safety? I knew that their secondary was kinda weak, but jeez.

Second, as a former Detroit resident (40+ years) who had some inside connections to the Lions organization (for awhile - modest ones), I can tell you that there's not been a Lions' HC, since November 22 1963, who wasn't working with at least one hand tied behind his back - subordinate to the whims of the FO and the owner's box WRT team discipline, personnel decisions (including who starts and who doesn't) and often even play calls while the game is in progress. I'm certain that Schwartz's situation is no different.

I'm not saying that I think Schwartz is a great coach. He's probably this generation's Wayne Fontes (minus the drug problems) - good with his players and clever about some things, but not a strong enough personality to really take charge for a long run of success. If his leadership was that strong, the Lions wouldn't have hired him in the first place - they don't like employees telling them what's what. Anyway, knowing what he's up against, I'm willing to cut him a little slack.

Bucs did sign Clark today. He's 33 years old with a lot of tread missing. I can't believe they think he'll be better than Kellen Winslow. :facepalm:
This has nothing to do with Clark, but did Winslow even play last year? I can't remember him being relevant since...well since several years ago.

This has nothing to do with Clark, but did Winslow even play last year? I can't remember him being relevant since...well since several years ago.

The God's honest truth here, is that what I think of first when I hear about Kellen Winslow, is that Jacksonville squeezed a high #2 pick out of Cleveland to move up one spot and take him.

Come to think of it, that seems to happen to Cleveland a lot.

:shrug:

No joke. Schwartz got the lions to the playoffs last year. Typically BB disciples crash & burn.

All kidding aside, I think all Schwartz did for BB in Cleveland was some college scouting research stuff. Menaing he did some reports & turned them over to BB.

I would love to see those reports because the browns drafting back then was abysmal. Not much has changed.

Bucs did sign Clark today. He's 33 years old with a lot of tread missing. I can't believe they think he'll be better than Kellen Winslow. :facepalm:

Dallas Clark is typically great for a locker room (though this past year he looked VERY frustrated. I don't know how much happier he's going to be with Freeman throwing him the occasional pass (of varying degree of quality) in a run-first offense on a team that's probably not going to be winning a whole ton). Still, he's a guy that's been a part of some winners and he's been around a great QB. He's a smart football player, as well.

But yeah, like I said, as much as I was thinking that Addai might have something left to give, I can't really say that for Clark. I would have thought that if he did have anything left that he would've wound up in Denver, but the fact that the Broncos signed Jacob Tamme instead of Dallas Clark was perhaps the most grave tell-tale sign of all.

First of all, a 174 lb WR beats the crap out of a 200 lb safety? I knew that their secondary was kinda weak, but jeez.

Apparently Young sucker punched Delmas. Sounds more realistic to me.

75 catches, 750+ yards (I think) and 2 TDs.

Pretty solid for that offense in Tampa.

So the Bucs signed Dallas Clark and trade Winslow to Seattle for a 7th round pick next year which can upgrade to a 6th. Winslow has been the Bucs leading receiver the last 3 years iirc. It's one thing if it's a salary cap thing or if he's a bad locker room guy but based on production I just don't understand this move at all.

For Seattle, it makes all the sense in the world. Cable loves the heavy 2 TE sets which Winslow now gives him on offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back