Random Football News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan Patrick is apparently reporting that Michigan Stadium will be available to rent for weddings. In case someone wants to tie the knot in an intimate ceremony with only 107,501 of their closest friends and relatives.

:coffee:

An effective high-percentage short passing game works just as well.

Just to add....

In 2011, the Pats had more YAC than 27 teams had for total rushing yards, and more YAC alone than the Jags had in total passing yardage. And the Pats avg YAC per pass attempt (attempt, not completion) was greater than their yards per carry running the ball.

Just to add....

In 2011, the Pats had more YAC than 27 teams had for total rushing yards, and more YAC alone than the Jags had in total passing yardage. And the Pats avg YAC per pass attempt (attempt, not completion) was greater than their yards per carry running the ball.

...and that is exactly what makes defensive coordinators yack when they try to prepare for the Pats!

I saw an NFLN replay of Michael Irvin's performance at the rookie symposium and I have to say he was brilliant. He was coherent, logical, passionate and enthusiastic in getting his message across. He spoke spontaneously about his truth from his experience. It was a heartfelt speech delivered eloquently with no notes or aids of any kind. All fire and brimstone with a punch to the gut. I got the feeling he could have gone on for another hour and not pause once to collect himself. I had never thought of Irvin as being capable of such a great delivery. I am impressed.

paraphrasing (passion not included):

The NFL has given many of you a gift. A way out of the ghetto. Don't bring your 'keepin it real' ghetto friends with you to the NFL. Get out of the ghetto and stay out of the ghetto. And get your family out, too. Those friends will bring you down. Accept the gift the NFL has given you. Move on with your life and don't ever look back.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...arns-rookies-about-keeping-their-old-friends/

I saw an NFLN replay of Michael Irvin's performance at the rookie symposium and I have to say he was brilliant. He was coherent, logical, passionate and enthusiastic in getting his message across. He spoke spontaneously about his truth from his experience. It was a heartfelt speech delivered eloquently with no notes or aids of any kind. All fire and brimstone with a punch to the gut. I got the feeling he could have gone on for another hour and not pause once to collect himself. I had never thought of Irvin as being capable of such a great delivery. I am impressed.

The NFL has given many of you a gift. A way out of the ghetto. Don't bring your 'keepin it real' ghetto friends with you to the NFL. Get out of the ghetto and stay out of the ghetto. And get your family out, too. Those friends will bring you down. Accept the gift the NFL has given you. Move on with your life and don't ever look back.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...arns-rookies-about-keeping-their-old-friends/
To be honest, I've always liked him, and I never really understood why he gets such a bad rap from so many here. I think he's really entertaining as an interviewer and analyst.

I agree Irvin is pretty good at his current job. I even think he'd make a great coach. But dude did do some heinous stuff like stabbing a teammate with scissors.

I saw it on NFLN and came away with the same impression.

To be honest, I've always liked him, and I never really understood why he gets such a bad rap from so many here. I think he's really entertaining as an interviewer and analyst.

I was going to post the same thing, D.

I have always liked Irving. Like the way he played, he was physical & forced his will on the opponent. I think he is terrific on NFLN & truly cares about the well being of these futrue NFL players.

I was going to post the same thing, D.

I have always liked Irving. Like the way he played, he was physical & forced his will on the opponent. I think he is terrific on NFLN & truly cares about the well being of these futrue NFL players.
You can tell he regrets some of the things he did while he was playing. I give him credit for not only admitting it, but also genuinely seeming to be making an effort to make sure others don't make the same mistakes.

His idea to hold the rookie thingie at the HOF was inspired.

You can tell he regrets some of the things he did while he was playing. I give him credit for not only admitting it, but also genuinely seeming to be making an effort to make sure others don't make the same mistakes.

His idea to hold the rookie thingie at the HOF was inspired.

Yeah he is a pretty fired up guy....he also cracks me up when he is trying to make a point because he gets really into it and almost scares people into agreeing with him...I did find it funny that Popeye Jones is doing this as well....he told the rookies that he one time spent 1 million dollars in a weekend partying...

That was a fantastic idea, no doubt. I like that they split it up conference wise too so the guys get more interaction.
Yes. Lots of this as well.

If you think about it, the entire concept is a fantastic idea really.

You got very young men (I didn't know shit when I was that age) who are about to make a lot of money in an environment where everyone is going to have their hand out and you can quickly find yourself in a bad situation.

I mean really, think back to when you were 21. Now imagine being give more money than you'd ever seen before.

Yes. Lots of this as well.

If you think about it, the entire concept is a fantastic idea really.

You got very young men (I didn't know shit when I was that age) who are about to make a lot of money in an environment where everyone is going to have their hand out and you can quickly find yourself in a bad situation.

I mean really, think back to when you were 21. Now imagine being give more money than you'd ever seen before.

That happened to me. I bought a house with it, and then gave it to my ex-wife. :coffee:

Speaking of divorces, Sean Payton is getting divorced. Thought it was a little hinky that he moved his family to Dallas recently, as in "trying to save the marriage" hinky since it was reported that it was something to do with the schools there, and SP himself may have even implied this was something his wife wanted. She wants the Dallas home, child support, and 100% custody and decision making on the kids' lives. Wow.

Speaking of divorces, Sean Payton is getting divorced. Thought it was a little hinky that he moved his family to Dallas recently, as in "trying to save the marriage" hinky since it was reported that it was something to do with the schools there, and SP himself may have even implied this was something his wife wanted. She wants the Dallas home, child support, and 100% custody and decision making on the kids' lives. Wow.

Makes sense I guess. He seems like he is the kind of coach that during the season he isn't home much or knows really what's going on his kids lives.
Professional coaching & having a family is a tough deal. That's why I have no problem with how much they are paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back