Refs/Officiating

PSC_Pats_Fan

Reaction score
Is anyone else worried that the officiating is going to be one-sided towards the Chiefs?

Not only because it’s in KC, but moreso because the NFL almost certainly wants KC in the Super Bowl.

I REALLY hope that is not the case and that the game is called fairly.

KC fans are worried that they will get screwed. Fans from all teams think they get the shitty end of the stick. Saints fans same. Rams fans same.

Bring back Jerry Markbreit even if he is now 80+ years old. He was one of the good guys.

Is anyone else worried that the officiating is going to be one-sided towards the Chiefs?

Not only because it’s in KC, but moreso because the NFL almost certainly wants KC in the Super Bowl.

It's not a concern.

The last game I can think of where the Patriots were clearly screwed by the refs was the 2005 Divisional against Denver. A bad call here and there happens to every team.

When it comes to officiating in any sport, I will always attribute bad calls to human error (or cowardice) before I reach for the conspiracy card.

In other words, I would need clear and convincing evidence, like an FBI investigation into an NBA Ref, to believe that anyone is on the take or being "influenced" by league brass.

To put it even another way, if the NFL brass were trying to influence the officiating crew in one of these games, don't you think someone would have ratted them out to TMZ by now?

What makes you think the NFL wants the Chiefs in the SB rather than the Patriots?

Pats SBs have been very exciting and haters watch to see us get beat.
TV execs love the Pats. Except ESPN bc we rarely get televised by them.
Pats vs NO or the Rams would generate a lot of story lines.

No. I don’t think there is a conspiracy against the Pats. I just think they suck or have money on the game.

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

What makes you think the NFL wants the Chiefs in the SB rather than the Patriots?

yup, the build up of the Pats vs either team is better marketing than Kermit and his miss piggy looking coach

Pats are 3/5 against the Ref. He was deeply entrenched in the Deflategate scandal and referenced over and over in the wells report where he was found to be more likely than not generally aware that he is a natural born KC fan.

IF he was hand picked by Roger for the purpose of screwing the Pats he could well cause issues, But you are all right. It is what it is and its on the Pats to win the game.

Cheers

LOL, you sound like a Chiefs fan. I just hope they let the players play. Bullshit penalties can sure throw a game one way or the other and I hate that.

Honestly , people outside of NE are sick of seeing the Pats in the SB. I was just at a convenience store and saw a friend who is a big time Steelers fan and he said everybody he knows is pulling for the Chiefs just because it's old seeing the same team play. And I live no where around KC. But as far as the NFL goes they should have no say in who they want in the SB

If the Pats do their job, they won't have to overcome the refs...but, if they mess up...it could get interesting.

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

Honestly , people outside of NE are sick of seeing the Pats in the SB. I was just at a convenience store and saw a friend who is a big time Steelers fan and he said everybody he knows is pulling for the Chiefs just because it's old seeing the same team play. And I live no where around KC. But as far as the NFL goes they should have no say in who they want in the SB

This is also my experience...it's in another thread called the Patriots Fatigue is real...

To put it even another way, if the NFL brass were trying to influence the officiating crew in one of these games, don't you think someone would have ratted them out to TMZ by now?

This^^^

There are too many people working in the NFL ref world to keep this kind of conspiracy a secret. The game is so fast that there are gonna be mistakes that make refs look incompetent. What pisses me off regarding the refs is their leniency on defenders covering/holding Gronk on pass routes. I've never understood why the the bar to get a holding flag is so much higher for Gronk.......

Even you would have to admit that the anti-Pats hatred which has been sweeping the country for the past, I dunno, 15 years or so is just pure public relations for the frustrated fans of pretty much everybody else.

I feel certain that everybody privately looks up to us. Admires and respects us as the icon of all team sports. Wants to BE us, which is a form of love. Yes, you and all the other wannabes truly LOVE us even if you don't fully realize it yet.

If the Pats do their job, they won't have to overcome the refs...but, if they mess up...it could get interesting.

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

This is also my experience...it's in another thread called the Patriots Fatigue is real...

Since you quoted the asshole, Steelers fans are not "sick of the Patriots". They are against the Patriots because they don't want to lose their luster of being the only team with 6. Fact.

The only way to ensure that you don't get screwed by the refs is to play so well that they can't easily mess up our chances of getting to another Super Bowl.

If I was going to speculate on what area the refs could conceivably focus on to "make life difficult" for us, not that I believe that is the case, it could be throwing flags on our rub/pick routes.

It's legal to pick a guy within a yard of the LOS, but I see a lot of stuff going on around the league that suggests that a lot of them that could be called DON'T get called and we run a lot of bunch formations and screens that use all those bodies to spring somebody loose. We did it at least a couple of times on San Diego with success and it's part of our offensive identity.

It's sort of a gray area and is, therefore, open to interpretation and that's the kind of shit I'd be worried about if I was worried about the looming specter of the ginger asshole from Park Ave. playing fucky-fuck with my team because we've made him look like an idiot on multiple occasions. And Rog don't forget.

IF they called a couple of those early it could cause us some real headaches because we'd have to adjust those sort of routes on the fly.

When it comes to officiating in any sport, I will always attribute bad calls to human error (or cowardice) before I reach for the conspiracy card.

In other words, I would need clear and convincing evidence, like an FBI investigation into an NBA Ref, to believe that anyone is on the take or being "influenced" by league brass.

No, because nobody cares unless it was the Patriots that did it. I literally had a kid on twitter say that we cheated because we had camera's in the locker rooms. This patriots thing has taken a life of its own. Also, why would camera's in the locker room help?

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

I don't know I used to be like, nah refs don't care and call the game as best they can, but anyone I do think things influence them. I know for a fact the calls changed drastically in the second half of the chargers game. I look side eye at that steelers game too. I also know that coaches tell refs before games to watch out for this and this and they actually do, but Im sure we do that too.

The only way to ensure that you don't get screwed by the refs is to play so well that they can't easily mess up our chances of getting to another Super Bowl.

If I was going to speculate on what area the refs could conceivably focus on to "make life difficult" for us, not that I believe that is the case, it could be throwing flags on our rub/pick routes.

It's legal to pick a guy within a yard of the LOS, but I see a lot of stuff going on around the league that suggests that a lot of them that could be called DON'T get called and we run a lot of bunch formations and screens that use all those bodies to spring somebody loose. We did it at least a couple of times on San Diego with success and it's part of our offensive identity.

It's sort of a gray area and is, therefore, open to interpretation and that's the kind of shit I'd be worried about if I was worried about the looming specter of the ginger asshole from Park Ave. playing fucky-fuck with my team because we've made him look like an idiot on multiple occasions. And Rog don't forget.

IF they called a couple of those early it could cause us some real headaches because we'd have to adjust those sort of routes on the fly.

The easiest equalizer:

Pass interference

No, because nobody cares unless it was the Patriots that did it. I literally had a kid on twitter say that we cheated because we had camera's in the locker rooms. This patriots thing has taken a life of its own. Also, why would camera's in the locker room help?

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

I don't know I used to be like, nah refs don't care and call the game as best they can, but anyone I do think things influence them. I know for a fact the calls changed drastically in the second half of the chargers game. I look side eye at that steelers game too. I also know that coaches tell refs before games to watch out for this and this and they actually do, but Im sure we do that too.
Feel persecuted much? OMG some kid said something on Twitter about something! Sounds like you’re preplanning an excuse in case the Patriots lose.

Back