Reported: Mark Davis To Be Forced Out As Raiders Owner

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score
From Mike Freeman (BR)

Want to know how cutthroat NFL owners are?

Consider the case of their long-term plan for Mark Davis.

If owners reach a point where they don't want Davis to move the team to Las Vegas, they would purposely make the relocation fee far too high, I'm told by a league source.

Then, Davis would wither on the vine in Oakland, and he'd be forced to sell the team, and there'd be the new ownership that some owners, like Jerry Jones, have long wanted in Oakland.

I know for a fact this plan is being considered. I'm told some in the league are talking openly about it.

Yeah, NFL owners don't mess around.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...0-point-stance-mark-cuban-talks-nfl-expansion

(Makes me wonder how the NFL owners got Kraft to kneel down)

And a shot across the bow to Kraft?? They can muster the votes to get rid of anyone. Through all the DG and LA crap, we now know that Jones is the true power broker in the NFL now.

And a shot across the bow to Kraft?? They can muster the votes to get rid of anyone. Through all the DG and LA crap, we now know that Jones is the true power broker in the NFL now.

Yes, that much is now clear.

And if Jones can continue to develop support the way he has, despite being a bad drunk with a massive ego, it will be very bad news for us.

Jones wants another trophy before he gets really old and feeble. Older and feebler. That he has freely admitted on camera.

I believe he is consumed with jealously over our success and has and will stop at nothing to get us out of his way while he continues to screw his own team up with mismanagement and corrupt philosophy.

Maybe this leads to the FIFA type investigation?

Collusion among owners to eat their own.

I'd love to see a few current owners with aspirations of dishing the golden goose off to their own to take a step back and realize "hey, they're doing this to Als kid. Maybe they'll do it to mine." And collect all internal plans and records and emails and feed it to a news outlet with bite. No horse at the NFL trough.

Let yet another full scathing detrimental article come out. Sooner or later the Feds have to step in. Don't they?

https://lasvegassun.com/blogs/elsew...-kraft-supports-raiders-relocation-las-vegas/

ESPN.com
Friday, May 20, 2016 | 9 p.m.

In the NFL's prospects for a potential move into the Las Vegas market, New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft saw the hand of Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones — and raised him one on Friday.

In an interview with USA Today Sports, Kraft said he would support the Oakland Raiders' relocation to Las Vegas.

"I think it would be good for the NFL," Kraft told the newspaper. "I know Mark Davis has tried so hard in Oakland. If they won't do it ... I want to support him."

To see the full story, click here.

https://lasvegassun.com/blogs/elsew...-kraft-supports-raiders-relocation-las-vegas/

ESPN.com
Friday, May 20, 2016 | 9 p.m.

In the NFL's prospects for a potential move into the Las Vegas market, New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft saw the hand of Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones — and raised him one on Friday.

In an interview with USA Today Sports, Kraft said he would support the Oakland Raiders' relocation to Las Vegas.

"I think it would be good for the NFL," Kraft told the newspaper. "I know Mark Davis has tried so hard in Oakland. If they won't do it ... I want to support him."

To see the full story, click here.

Wow. Looks like Kraft has turned a complete 180 degrees.

Lines and sides have been drawn:coffee:

~Dee~

This fractiousness is the direct result of the LA swindle pulled by Jones and Kroenke.

Lines and sides have been drawn:coffee:

~Dee~

It certainly feels that way.
I would think that Kraft, Hunt, Davis and Spanos have beefs with the Brotherhood of 32. The armies may be mustering. popcorn

If any the 32 are not being treated as equal partners, they should have the right to reorganize the NFL structure.

It may be that this is the beginning of a mutiny :toast:

So we have all been wrong all along. The actual demise of the NFL will be from the in fighting among its billionaire owners. Shame on us for not seeing the obvious. A kettle of 32 corrupt billion dollar owners will always eventually implode. Cuban was spot on. The greed and power would cause the league to collapse. And as it happens I will be popcorn.

Cuban had it down. The fatter and sassier an organization gets, eventually the weight of corruption causes it to collapse in on itself.

Let's add McNair into the same pot with Jerry and Mara. And Arthur Blank, who I thought was close to Kraft, is another vocal hater.

I'd be interested to know on which side of the line teams like the Vikings, Titans, Bucs, Jags fall.

It certainly feels that way.
I would think that Kraft, Hunt, Davis and Spanos have beefs with the Brotherhood of 32. The armies may be mustering. popcorn
all the owners are on the same team.

this is all just media gossip that they orchestrate themselves in the first place.

if Davis leaves,it will be with a nice golden parachute the league gives him.

Let's add McNair into the same pot with Jerry and Mara. And Arthur Blank, who I thought was close to Kraft, is another vocal hater.

I'd be interested to know on which side of the line teams like the Vikings, Titans, Bucs, Jags fall.

The Khan family is firmly on the side of Kraft. If you're not already follow Tony Khan on twitter.

Interesting reports are saying that actually, Jerrah Jones is for this move and is with Kraft along with a group of others including Woody Johnson.

But if there's money to be made, NFL owners will surely come to the table and consider all the options. Along with McNair and Johnson, Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft have previously expressed their belief that the Raiders moving to Las Vegas would benefit the league.

Monday Morning Quarterback recently asked John Mara of the New York Giants, Bob McNair of the Houston Texans, Jeffrey Lurie of the Philadelphia Eagles, Jed York of the San Francisco 49ers, and Woody Johnson of the New York Jets for their opinions on a potential Raiders move to Vegas, and all five said that they were at least open to the idea.

Both McNair and Johnson seemed enthusiastic about the idea, with the Jets owner calling Vegas a "very exciting market" and McNair outright stating that he would "look favorably" on the move. Mara, Lurie and York, on the other hand, were mostly ambivalent, claiming that they'd prefer to wait for an actual proposal to be on the table before fully considering the relocation.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...w-york-giants-jets-san-francisco-49ers-053016

With the Rams moving back to Los Angeles, this move seems to make a little sense. I'm not sure if the Oakland television market is any better than the Las Vegas market.

The NFL will always have the 49ers in the Bay Area.

Back