RIP Davy Jones..

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2uohP4gk0wU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Requiescat in Pace.

BostonTim

I'll never wash this cheek again.:sulk:

RIP, Davy

I was just watching a few episodes of the Monkees a few weeks ago on my Boxee Box

A great childhood memory was cleaning the house on Saturday mornings while watching and laughing with "The Monkees". RIP, Davy.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KnMuwzm7kw4" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

And yes, that's Bobby Sherman

I loved the Monkees back in the day, but Davy was my least favorite. Probably because at the time there were zero teens that had me as their idol and he had millions. It didn't seem fair.

However, a few years ago I was at Epcot in Disney World and he was doing a free show at the America pavilion and my wife and I decided to give it a shot. I expected it to be awful.

Surprisingly, it turned out to be a dynamite show and he was a master at working the crowd. Probably one of the best entertainers I ever saw. You never know.

RIP, Davy.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2uohP4gk0wU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Requiescat in Pace.

BostonTim

Favorite song of theirs

R.I.P.

Surprisingly, it turned out to be a dynamite show and he was a master at working the crowd. Probably one of the best entertainers I ever saw. You never know.

RIP, Davy.

A girlfriend of mine was his agent. She said she was bummed when he was assigned to her as a client, but was thereafter AMAZED at how actually talented he was. Never did much for me, but made plenty of other folks happy.

WAY TOO YOUNG!!

A girlfriend of mine was his agent. She said she was bummed when he was assigned to her as a client, but was thereafter AMAZED at how actually talented he was. Never did much for me, but made plenty of other folks happy.

WAY TOO YOUNG!!

True. And he was talented. Voice, dancing, comedy, timing and energy.

If I remember right he performed on the musical stages of London which probably puts him in a different category than the typical pop star/teen idol.

I figured the show was going to be some half-hearted former star going through the motions, but the guy just won everybody over and gave it everything he had. I can think of only a handful of artists who I've seen who did it as well as him.

I tell people that he was great and they think I'm crazy. I don't care. He was.

I loved the Monkees back in the day, but Davy was my least favorite. Probably because at the time there were zero teens that had me as their idol and he had millions. It didn't seem fair.

However, a few years ago I was at Epcot in Disney World and he was doing a free show at the America pavilion and my wife and I decided to give it a shot. I expected it to be awful.

RIP, Davy.

Saw him there also the last two years, he was great. Had the crowd rocking, was looking forward to seeing him there this year, he was on the bill for the last show at the flower and garden festival. He and Peter Noone were the last two acts of the season.

True. And he was talented. Voice, dancing, comedy, timing and energy.

If I remember right he performed on the musical stages of London which probably puts him in a different category than the typical pop star/teen idol.

I figured the show was going to be some half-hearted former star going through the motions, but the guy just won everybody over and gave it everything he had. I can think of only a handful of artists who I've seen who did it as well as him.

I tell people that he was great and they think I'm crazy. I don't care. He was.
You remember well. Mr. Jones was Oliver in the original London release of the musical of the same name. He was the only member of the group with extensive experience performing. He will be missed greatly.

The Monkees were before my time (born in 76) but I was introduced to their show in syndication and was hooked. Some of my fondest memories were my summers getting up at 7:30 and watching AM Live which showed reruns of Beverly Hillbillies and The Monkees. I was fortunate enough to go see their reunion show in 1996. Even though I was just a 20 year old punk I loved every minute of it. If any of you get the chance, check out their movie called Head. Freaking awesome movie with cameos by people like Frank Zappa and Dennis Hopper.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JOI-SDYGviM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

True. And he was talented. Voice, dancing, comedy, timing and energy...

Don't forget he could shake that tambourine like it was nobody's business.
He was one of the greatest TV tambourinists in history. Perhaps second only to the sensational child prodigy Tracy Partridge.

Don't forget he could shake that tambourine like it was nobody's business.
He was one of the greatest TV tambourinists in history. Perhaps second only to the sensational child prodigy Tracy Partridge.

I'll tell you what, the guy could sing.

Back