Rodney Harrison fires away at Peyton Manning

I'm not ignoring anything. I'm just pointing out the different opinions on who can say what about who, and how it's perceived by different fan bases.

More manure.

How could anyone, no matter who they are, or what team they like, defend Manning for airing his complaints about the coaching staff publicly?

Seriously, how could anyone ever defend that?

The fact that Rodney said it is of no moment.

To this day, it baffles me. When other very well respected coaches admit to doing it and nobody cared. Seriously, how the **** does that happen?? I'll never get it.

To JJ's credit, he kept yelling it from the rooftops to get his point across though.

IMO, it's just cuz BB doesn't kiss up to the media.

More manure.

How could anyone, no matter who they are, or what team they like, defend Manning for airing his complaints about the coaching staff publicly?

Seriously, how could anyone ever defend that?

The fact that Rodney said it is of no moment.

I also don't recall defending Manning. :shrug:

Nope. It was specifically video taping. Jimmy Johnson went into great detail about all of it several times on the pre game Fox show. He couldn't understand what all the fuss was about because so many people had been doing it for so many years.
I meant mudd, not johnson.

I'm pretty sure, and I can't remember whether it was Mudd or Moore, but he was labeled as the best videotaping guy in the league when the whole Pats taping thing was blown out of proportion. So I'm pretty sure the Colts had a good read on signals themselves.
Except it wasn't videotaping, it was just stealing them, which has never been illegal. Don't get me wrong, Spygate was BS and blown out of proportion, but let's be accurate when debating it. Mudd was known to be the best stealer in the league but it was lipreading etc.

I iz confuzzled Senor. Mudd taught JJ how to video tape. Mudd video taped.

:shrug:

Except it wasn't videotaping, it was just stealing them, which has never been illegal. Don't get me wrong, Spygate was BS and blown out of proportion, but let's be accurate when debating it. Mudd was known to be the best stealer in the league but it was lipreading etc.
This. (all of it)

:doh: No, it was video taping.

BTW...saw the babies pic on SoxPlanet. So. Frickkin. Adorable.:heart:

This. (all of it)
:doh: The last thing I want is another friggin Spyagte thread but 4serious JJ was very specific about the video part. I dont know how else to word it, it wasn't just stealing, it was taping.:shrug:

:doh: The last thing I want is another friggin Spyagte thread but 4serious JJ was very specific about the video part. I dont know how else to word it, it wasn't just stealing, it was taping.:shrug:

Correct. I thought it was arrogant of BB to keep it up, but Johnson did say it.

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/s...23/jimmy-johnson-thinks-spygate-is-overblown/

Q: Did you ever steal signals?

JJ: Oh in a heartbeat, yeah. Yes I did.

Q: Via video, Jimmy? Or no?

JJ: Oh yeah, I did it with video and so did a lot of other teams in the league. Just to make sure that you could study it and take your time, because you’re going to play the other team the second time around. But a lot of coaches did it, this was commonplace.

Q: But did you do it by taping the signal caller?

JJ: Yeah.

Q: Oh you did.

JJ: That’s what I’m saying. I was saying one of Marty Schottenheimer’s scouts, Mark Hatley, who has passed away now, Mark told me that’s how they did it, and Howard Mudd their offensive line coach with Kansas City, who now coaches for Tony Dungy, he was the best in the entire league at stealing signals.

Q: Where’d you put your guy who was videotaping? Where was he?

JJ: My guy was up with my camera crew in the press box. So you’d just put an extra camera up with your camera crew in the press box who zoomed in on the signal callers. That’s the best way to do it, but anyway you can’t always do that because the press box camera crew might be on the same side as the opposing team. If they’re on the same side as the opposing team that’s when you need to do it from the sideline.

:doh: The last thing I want is another friggin Spyagte thread
I couldn't agree more, so this will be my last post on the subject.
but 4serious JJ was very specific about the video part. I dont know how else to word it, it wasn't just stealing, it was taping.:shrug:
Well, if that's the case, it's news to me. I was aware Mudd was always brought up as an effective signal stealer, but every instance I heard was with lip reading, not video taping.

:shrug: <----- who knows? None of us know everything about what goes on with our teams.

But more to the point, Rodney said something about Peyton that any objective person would know is correct.

I mean I think we can all admit that Peyton is probably right about the COlts' F'd up coaching situation, Peyton should have not said anything about that to the press. doing that serves no purpose, doing that is not what a team leader should do, Rodney's response to it was right on the money and athat the notion that Rodney said it now because he's no longer on the field is BS.

Right?

Peyton has shown a history of opening his yap and saying stuff that can be considered way out of line.

His "I want to be a good teammate" soliliquy comes immediately to mind.

I couldn't agree more, so this will be my last post on the subject.
Well, if that's the case, it's news to me. I was aware Mudd was always brought up as an effective signal stealer, but every instance I heard was with lip reading, not video taping.

:shrug: <----- who knows? None of us know everything about what goes on with our teams.

Oh, of course nobody knows. I think they all cheat in some form. Speaking of, how's the new sound system at the Lube??;)

Bless you RavenZ!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, of course nobody knows. I think they all cheat in some form. Speaking of, how's the new sound system at the Lube??;)
I've been working night and day hooking up amp after amp to get those speakers humming again.

Back