Rodney Harrison fires away at Peyton Manning

You're ignoring the fact that Dungy didn't correct Rodney. Dungy knows that what Rodney said was correct.

huh? Dungy said it wasn't panic. I dont agree with rodney that its panic nor do I agree that makes Brady a better leader. Id say the exact opposite. Brady doesnt have as much clout and certainly not more than belichick.

huh? Dungy said it wasn't panic. I dont agree with rodney that its panic nor do I agree that makes Brady a better leader. Id say the exact opposite. Brady doesnt have as much clout and certainly not more than belichick.

You're wrong. 100% wrong. Hence why Rodney said what he said. He said Brady was the better leader. That MUST mean that Brady is the team leader.

Nice try, though.

By the way, Polian has more clout than Peyton, so I don't know what your point is.

Sorry, double post, RavenZ beat me to it while I was typing.
Nope. It was specifically video taping. Jimmy Johnson went into great detail about all of it several times on the pre game Fox show. He couldn't understand what all the fuss was about because so many people had been doing it for so many years.
I stand corrected, though the Mudd part is a little implicit, but it does lend itself to the idea that he was the best at stealing signals with videotape. Full transcript:
WFAN interview said:
Q: How about the spying thing Jimmy. You’re a coach does that bother you what Belichick did?

JJ: Oh please. I’ve said it on our show. Eighteen years ago a scout for the Chiefs told me what they did, and he said what you need to do is just take your camera and you go and zoom in on the signal caller and that way you can sync it up. The problem is that if they’re not on the press box side you can’t do it from the press box, you have to do it from the sideline. This was 18 years ago.

Q: You think the NFL came down too hard on them?

JJ: No, no, I said it on the show. He was wrong for doing it for the simple reason that the league knew this was going on not just in New England but around the league. And the league sent out the memorandum to all of the teams saying you cannot do this. And so that’s when Bill Belichick was wrong. After he got the memorandum saying don’t do it any more, he did it.

Q: Did you ever steal signals?

JJ: Oh in a heartbeat, yeah. Yes I did.

Q: Via video, Jimmy? Or no?

JJ: Oh yeah, I did it with video and so did a lot of other teams in the league. Just to make sure that you could study it and take your time, because you’re going to play the other team the second time around. But a lot of coaches did it, this was commonplace.

Q: But did you do it by taping the signal caller?

JJ: Yeah.

Q: Oh you did.

JJ: That’s what I’m saying. I was saying one of Marty Schottenheimer’s scouts, Mark Hatley, who has passed away now, Mark told me that’s how they did it, and
Howard Mudd their offensive line coach with Kansas City, who now coaches for Tony Dungy, he was the best in the entire league at stealing signals.

Q: Where’d you put your guy who was videotaping? Where was he?

JJ: My guy was up with my camera crew in the press box. So you’d just put an extra camera up with your camera crew in the press box who zoomed in on the signal callers. That’s the best way to do it, but anyway you can’t always do that because the press box camera crew might be on the same side as the opposing team. If they’re on the same side as the opposing team that’s when you need to do it from the sideline.

I can understand, though I don't agree with, the argument that Peyton is a better QB. His numbers are gaudy.

But anyone who argues in the face of Peyton's terrible unfield demeanor when bad things happen, propensity to throw teammates under the bus and these recent comments that Manning is a better leader than Tom Brady, who has never shown any of these negative characteristics and is uniformly revered by his teammates and coaches, is a complete and utter fool.

You, sire, are an idiot.

:doh: The last thing I want is another friggin Spyagte thread but 4serious JJ was very specific about the video part. I dont know how else to word it, it wasn't just stealing, it was taping.:shrug:

Jimmy Johnson didnt say Mudd taped signals. He said a scout said mudd was the best at steeling signals. Steeling signals isnt against the rules, placing cameras in undesignated areas that the opposing team is unaware of is illegal.

First off, brady is a better leader, second brady has a huge amount of clout and its silly for you to say he doesn't. Brady is basically Bill lite, he is this teams leader and like harrison said would never go to the media crying about something going on with the team.

Jimmy Johnson didnt say Mudd taped signals. He said a scout said mudd was the best at steeling signals. Steeling signals isnt against the rules, placing cameras in undesignated areas that the opposing team is unaware of is illegal.
Read the quote - he said Mark Hatley said that's how the Chiefs stole signals, and that Mudd was the best [while with the Chiefs]. It's implicit, but it is what he's saying.

"Q: But did you do it by taping the signal caller?

JJ: Yeah.

Q: Oh you did.

JJ: That’s what I’m saying. I was saying one of Marty Schottenheimer’s scouts, Mark Hatley, who has passed away now, Mark told me that’s how they did it, and Howard Mudd their offensive line coach with Kansas City, who now coaches for Tony Dungy, he was the best in the entire league at stealing signals."

Sounds to me like he video taped them, they were talking about video taping, did you tape the signal caller, yes, oh you did, thats what Im saying and then went on to talk about mudd. Nice try.

First off, brady is a better leader, second brady has a huge amount of clout and its silly for you to say he doesn't. Brady is basically Bill lite, he is this teams leader and like harrison said would never go to the media crying about something going on with the team.

If you lost most of your coaches including BB would you judge Brady for making an innocent comment stating common sense.

If you lost most of your coaches including BB would you judge Brady for making an innocent comment stating common sense.

We have lost most of our coaches before, brady is on his 3rd offensive coordinator. They just talked about this with Randy Cross. The patriots and especially brady would not go to the media and air dirty laundry about the club being in disaray. Brady in 2006 lost both his first and second receivers, he never said a word about it. Its not an innocent comment for your teams leader to say that there is no coaching going on and the coaches that took over do not know what they are doing, sorry that is hardly an innocent comment.

Read the quote - he said Mark Hatley said that's how the Chiefs stole signals, and that Mudd was the best [while with the Chiefs]. It's implicit, but it is what he's saying.

So Jimmy Johnson quoting a dead guy is proof? JJ didnt learn anything from Mudd. Steeling signals isnt against the rules, its camera placement.

So Jimmy Johnson quoting a dead guy is proof? JJ didnt learn anything from Mudd. Steeling signals isnt against the rules, its camera placement.
:doh:Not the sharpest tool in the shed are you?

We have lost most of our coaches before, brady is on his 3rd offensive coordinator.

So what, Pats havnt replaced all the coaches in one season. Not even close to the same situation.

So what, Pats havnt replaced all the coaches in one season. Not even close to the same situation.

If peyton lost his first and second wideout, he would be crying the entire preseason. The pats lose coaches every year, they lose personal guys, they lose players, they lose coaches, every single year. teams run to get what the pats have, becuase they know what is there and every year the pats somehow make it through. Again brady has never said a word to bad mouth this team and its organization and how its ran...never. If he did have an issue he is damn sure not running to the media with it.

LOL..fail again. You going for an 0-fer today?

If there was proof of illegal taping, wheres the other matt walshes?

Nobody else got investigated, sorry but the pats were taking the fall, the league did not want it known that this ever happened before. I heard Tim Hasselbeck say right on the radio that he played for 25% of this league and almost all of them taped coaches signals. Do you think the league sent out that memo because just the pats were doing it? Give me a break.

Back