Rumble in the Jungle combatant submission thread

Yes, my thought before ants were introduced was to limit pack size to 75% the weight of the animal it's fighting against if single. If it's pack on pack then we'd pick a total weight for both packs to enter as.

Edit:. So if we have 2000 pounds of bull elephant it would go up against 1500 pounds of wolf or lion or whatever

Well the ants throw that out the window, and I'm not sure how to handle that (suggestions?)

The average bull elephant is 13,000-14,000 lbs with some outliers weighing as much as 22,000 lbs.

Also have to address poison animals.

Take Komodo vs Tiger. Well, my money is on the tiger. Except if the tiger gets bit (which it will) it's definitely deadsville, but likely not before it mauls that dirty lizard.

So not sure how to handle that either

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

The average bull elephant is 13,000-14,000 lbs with some outliers weighing as much as 22,000 lbs.

So I forgot a zero...

By the way, that would give us a pack of wolves 100 strong at which point everything getting killed. Edit: except the ant swarm

my money is on this guy, he may lose the match but he keeps coming back week after week - toughest SOB in the WWE

baron.png

Also have to address poison animals.

Take Komodo vs Tiger. Well, my money is on the tiger. Except if the tiger gets bit (which it will) it's definitely deadsville, but likely not before it mauls that dirty lizard.

So not sure how to handle that either

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

So I forgot a zero...

By the way, that would give us a pack of wolves [\B] 100 strong at which point everything getting killed. Edit: except the ant swarm

Success rate for wolves is very, very low at 14%, African Wild Dogs success rate is at 85%.

Also, a normal wolf pack averages about 6-7 animals and can go as large as 15. Largest pack on record is the Druid pack which had 37 wolves in it, 100 in a single pack is unheard of.

so I guess I am the only one who would pick a pack of hyena over a pack of wolves. Jaric, maybe the way to begin this vs, is by class. packs, swarms, herd, etc., then the winners of each class can go round robin or something like that.

so I guess I am the only one who would pick a pack of hyena over a pack of wolves. Jaric, maybe the way to begin this vs, is by class. packs, swarms, herd, etc., then the winners of each class can go round robin or something like that.
nope I am a Hardy har har hyena guy

Yes although I haven't figured out specifics. I don't want to give the pack animals an advantage, but I also don't want them to be at a disadvantage. I'd argue the wolf pack is just as much a part of the wolf as claws and teeth are part of a bear.

Even still, a single bull elephant is a terrifying match for even the baddest of pack animals.

Interesting, but tools are not just as much part of a human? :poke:

Gorilla in heat.
I win.

:coffee:

Let's see, a 250 lb fully grown female gorilla (or even a 500 lb silverback) vs a 12,000-14,000 lb adult bull African elephant. The gorilla loses every time bc it can't hurt the elephant. The gorilla's teeth would barely penetrate the elephant's tough hide. Gorilla punches would be inconsequential.

The elephant can pick up 600 lbs with its trunk so it could fling the gorilla, break an arm or break the gorilla's neck easily. Tusks would impale the gorilla. The elephant's weight would trample the gorilla into oblivion.

The best the gorilla could do is escape with its life.

Back