Serious question

Grumpy_Bottom

Try our thick, creamy milkshakes
Reaction score
I got no love with this on Facebook, maybe nobody wants to admit it publicly, but:

Employees, do you get your bosses/managers xmas presents for the holidays?

I got no love with this on Facebook, maybe nobody wants to admit it publicly, but:

Employees, do you get your bosses/managers xmas presents for the holidays?

for the boss? I can't afford his taste :D

actually when we had a Party I did, when that got cancelled so did my gift giving.

When I was working, yes. It was a very small office of three and we were close. It was always something small, much under $50.

Anni, do you get a xmas bonus normally? If you don't, would it sway you if you did?

We do a (voluntary) secret Santa exchange.

And yes, I get a Christmas bonus and no I don't buy my bosses presents.

I do not gift the boss. And he doesn't gift me. There are folks I get gifts for like the receptionist and clerical people and some of the stockroom guys that do a lot of little things to help me and I like to be sure they know it's appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not gift the boss. And he doesn't gift me. There are folks I get gifts for like the receptionist and clerical people and some of the stockroom guys that do a lot of little things to help me and I like to be sure they know it's appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
this is true. A box of candy to a town office makes my life pretty freaking enjoyable the next time I go in and need info?

We do a secret Santa in the office, so I don't buy the boss anything..

I don't really celebrate Christmas, and as such don't get or expect to receive presents. With my childhood house destroyed by fire, and half of my immediate family having passed away in the last 3 years it's just a reminder of all the things I've lost.

Though this year has been a bit better.

I thought the rule of thumb was no gifts for the boss.

I tend to bake something and bring it in for everyone instead of gifts

We do a (voluntary) secret Santa exchange.

And yes, I get a Christmas bonus and no I don't buy my bosses presents.

Ditto. Plus, we got gift cards for this bad ass steak house out here in the boondocks.

When I was working - no, no gift for boss. I generally worked in small places and we would usually decide to pick names and buy something small. There always seemed to be at least one person who wanted to give gifts to many of us and so the gift swap seemed a good solution. Some years I would make ornaments and if they were easy to make, then I would give them out to everyone.

I have five people on staff.

I get them each a Dunkin Donuts gift card, usually around $15 each.

This year I'm adding a $5 scratch ticket (Holiday variety) with the caveat that if they hit big, I get a cut.... Just kidding... But I will say they aren't allowed to up and quit if they do.

So I go $20 a head, total of a C note.

I give nothing upwards...

When I was working - no, no gift for boss. I generally worked in small places and we would usually decide to pick names and buy something small. There always seemed to be at least one person who wanted to give gifts to many of us and so the gift swap seemed a good solution. Some years I would make ornaments and if they were easy to make, then I would give them out to everyone.

That's a killer. That one person (usually, I think, in desperate need for attention) who goes around giving everyone gifts is a real problem. Always, this person embarrasses most of the giftees and more often then not, they aren't reciprocated, making them even more needful and making their "giving" nature go even more haywire.

This person is the real reason why the swap was invented, always cheap amounts too. A variant of everyone gets a trophy so no feelings get hurt.

Cheers (and Merry Xmas), BostonTim

I have five people on staff.

I get them each a Dunkin Donuts gift card, usually around $15 each.

This year I'm adding a $5 scratch ticket (Holiday variety) with the caveat that if they hit big, I get a cut.... Just kidding... But I will say they aren't allowed to up and quit if they do.

So I go $20 a head, total of a C note.

I give nothing upwards...

Untill three years ago I had one person on staff, my secretary/office manager/para-legal. That made it easy. I paid her fairly modestly and she had kids and grandkids. She got 5 Bills in cash at the beginning of December to Pay for the prize Turkey that was hanging up at the Poulterer's, in the next street but one, at the corner. Not the little prize Turkey; the big one.

Cheers, BostonTim

I work from home but for a fairly large company. I've received a Christmas bonus every year that I've been with them (5 years now?). I don't get my boss anything - they don't want anything in return.

Back