Should Manning be benched?

I think you might be under estimating Elway hiring Kubes. That is when it stopped being about Manning. Elway wants to win more than anything and he has the team to do it if he gets better QB play. He knows if Manning looks this bad in good weather, what in the world will be look like when it gets nasty? That thought has to keep him up at night.

Either way, Manning's not getting benched. Elway won't let that happen. If Manning isn't the starting QB anymore, it will have been Manning's decision.

I'm not hearing a lot of call for Manning to be benched here in Donkeyland, at least not from my co-workers.

I think they're just happy to be 4-0, and figure that Manning will work it out.

One loss against the hated Raiders would quickly adjust that attitude, though.

Patriot fans on Colt boards were often asked . . . why are you here? An answer that was often given was that there were so many threads on the Colt board that dealt with Brady or the Patriots. And, they were correct. There always seemed to be several such threads.

Now, I see that there are a lot of threads here that deal with Peyton or the Colts. So, I guess the two fan bases are somewhat alike in that manner.

However, I am surprised that none of you are talking about wanting to get a copy of Gisele's new book. At $700 it seems to be a good deal.

As for Peyton, I can't imagine him being benched unless he is an agreement that it is for the best. But, what do I know . . . not very much.

Denver is 4-0 because they've played the dogshit of the NFL, and also, Kansas City literally handed them a game.

Baltimore should have beaten them in Week 1, too.

They could easily be 1-3 right now, but they are what they are so....

As for the topic, no way Manning gets benched. The only way he doesn't see the field going forward is if he were to get hurt.

Manning isnt playing well, but i would never bench the QB if my team was 4-0. Point is, regardless of who they are playing, they are undefeated.

Manning bring leadership to the team, and they are doing just fine with him. Throwing the Oz in ther would raise a lot of questionmarks and bring uncertainty.

This might change during the season, but as it is I find it crazy to even concider benching him.

I expect Manning's career will be over if he ever gets injured and misses any time. This will be the perfect excuse to move on without rocking the boat too much. I suspect this has been Elway's plan all along.

Patriot fans on Colt boards were often asked . . . why are you here? An answer that was often given was that there were so many threads on the Colt board that dealt with Brady or the Patriots. And, they were correct. There always seemed to be several such threads. Now, I see that there are a lot of threads here that deal with Peyton or the Colts. So, I guess the two fan bases are somewhat alike in that manner. However, I am surprised that none of you are talking about wanting to get a copy of Gisele's new book. At $700 it seems to be a good deal. As for Peyton, I can't imagine him being benched unless he is an agreement that it is for the best. But, what do I know . . . not very much.
ROFL
There are 1/20th the # of Colt threads here compared to Patriot threads there. It's not even close .

Cheater!

However, I am surprised that none of you are talking about wanting to get a copy of Gisele's new book. At $700 it seems to be a good deal.

True. The more gazillions Gisele makes, the less need there is for Tom to push for a cap space eating contract.

It's more likely than not that the book is an inherent cheat.

True. The more gazillions Gisele makes, the less need there is for Tom to push for a cap space eating contract.

It's more likely than not that the book is an inherent cheat.

The price may be a bit over inflated:coffee:

~Dee~

Wearing my Mikiemo the magnificent hat I see danger lurking starting this week and the GB game
kLRowvF.jpg

then they get into all the hate
CHZmZXt.jpg

lose to NE, Pitt and SD making them 11-5

Wearing my Mikiemo the magnificent hat I see danger lurking starting this week and the GB game
kLRowvF.jpg

then they get into all the hate
CHZmZXt.jpg

lose to NE, Pitt, Cincy and SD making them 11-5

fyp. :)

All they can do now is focus on his legacy and tout the "wins" even though every win this year has been on the back of his defense and kicker.

It must really stink for ESPN because they really don't want to keep comparing Rodgers and Brady but that is all they have at the QB position now. Manning is #25. He is not even on the same planet so they have to do all they can to still make him relevant.

It must also really burn ESPN so bad that after the "best" FA ever signed with Denver and Elway went ALL IN to get him a ring, it was Brady who got the championship late in his career after Bill got the most money hungry player in the league to play on a one year discount. It really is stunning and kind of just leaves them licking Peyton's boots this year in embarrassing fashion.

If I may, I find it ironic that you tout wins not being on the QB solely given that you espouse them so much in comparing QBs (rings). Either a W, regardless of the game is a team thing or it's a QB thing. Personally it's a horrible way to measure a QB, stats are more serviceable but then again where do you draw the line (YAC skews etc.).

Manning is... well, what you'd expect given the age and injury history. Maybe he would have been better off retiring after the 1st season in Denver, and I'm fairly sure if he'd won the SB he may well have done.

If I may, I find it ironic that you tout wins not being on the QB solely given that you espouse them so much in comparing QBs (rings). Either a W, regardless of the game is a team thing or it's a QB thing. Personally it's a horrible way to measure a QB, stats are more serviceable but then again where do you draw the line (YAC skews etc.).

Manning is... well, what you'd expect given the age and injury history. Maybe he would have been better off retiring after the 1st season in Denver, and I'm fairly sure if he'd won the SB he may well have done.

I think the W/L stat is incomplete like most stats are BUT for the QB it may be one of the most applicable given how much the QB controls whether a team wins or loses especially in the post-season. So yes, I put a lot of weight on rings especially when a QB leads his team to four championships with 3 SB MVPs in the cap/FA era there by doing it with different teams each time. And then on top has the best W/L percentage in the regular season in the history of the NFL on top of being top 5 or better in every major passing category as well as owner of all the post-season and SB major passing records - yards, TDs, completions, etc.

In terms of Manning's wins this year. He has been carried by his defense literally in the first two games. Played well in the third and then the team won despite his 2 picks in the last game. So when I say that the media has to tout his wins that is what I am referring to. He is not even on the same planet as the top QBs this year or the mid-tier for that matter. He is at the bottom third. It is what it is but the media loves him so ...

He should have won the SB in 2012, he had a top 5 defense AND run game that year. But he blew it as usual with his pick six and game ending pick.

Should Manning be benched?

Hell, I don't know. I will say, it gets down to who will replace him far more than any other question. Brock Osweiler? Really? Would anyone in their right mind hand a 4-0 team over to a back-up QB with 30 NFL pass attempts and 17 completions (56.7%) to his credit when they have Peyton Manning? Clearly he is on a decline but I would take a declining Peyton Manning over 20+ QBs playing today. Now maybe injury will force their hand, but barring that I doubt it happens.

Hell, I don't know. I will say, it gets down to who will replace him far more than any other question. Brock Osweiler? Really? Would anyone in their right mind hand a 4-0 team over to a back-up QB with 30 NFL pass attempts and 17 completions (56.7%) to his credit when they have Peyton Manning? Clearly he is on a decline but I would take a declining Peyton Manning over 20+ QBs playing today. Now maybe injury will force their hand, but barring that I doubt it happens.

Obviously, Plummer is far from PM accomplishment wise, but Shanny benched him when the Broncos were 7-5 coming off a playoff season in 05 to put in Cutler as a rookie in 06. I thought that was nuts.

I think the W/L stat is incomplete like most stats are BUT for the QB it may be one of the most applicable given how much the QB controls whether a team wins or loses especially in the post-season. So yes, I put a lot of weight on rings especially when a QB leads his team to four championships with 3 SB MVPs in the cap/FA era there by doing it with different teams each time. And then on top has the best W/L percentage in the regular season in the history of the NFL on top of being top 5 or better in every major passing category as well as owner of all the post-season and SB major passing records - yards, TDs, completions, etc.

In terms of Manning's wins this year. He has been carried by his defense literally in the first two games. Played well in the third and then the team won despite his 2 picks in the last game. So when I say that the media has to tout his wins that is what I am referring to. He is not even on the same planet as the top QBs this year or the mid-tier for that matter. He is at the bottom third. It is what it is but the media loves him so ...

He should have won the SB in 2012, he had a top 5 defense AND run game that year. But he blew it as usual with his pick six and game ending pick.

It was a bad pick - but I wonder if Brady would have 4 rings if he had to face a coach like Payton and had a play like that onside kick in the 2nd half completely shift momentum.

Wins are a team thing. I always wonder if PM would have more rings if he had played w/ BB for his career - or if Brady would have less if he had played on the Colts all these years. I'll certainly allow that Brady is much more clutch overall, but just always shrug when wins & rings are over-emphasized when it comes to individual players.

It was a bad pick - but I wonder if Brady would have 4 rings if he had to face a coach like Payton and had a play like that onside kick in the 2nd half completely shift momentum.

Wins are a team thing. I always wonder if PM would have more rings if he had played w/ BB for his career - or if Brady would have less if he had played on the Colts all these years. I'll certainly allow that Brady is much more clutch overall, but just always shrug when wins & rings are over-emphasized when it comes to individual players.

I love pondering what would have happened if?.....

I seriously considered writing a book back in the late 90's. Kind of a Stephen King type "What If the Red Sox Never Sold Babe Ruth?" book.

Brady as a Clot would seem awkward. Not even sure if he would ever have progressed.

Back