Should Manning be benched?

Manning hasn't been great but he's a long way from being benched. Don't kid yourself. No matter what you think about Osweiler's potential, he's an extremely inexperienced back-up playing on a 4-0 team that can win most of their games if they score 20 points or more.

The biggest drawback right now is running out of the pistol, which to me is just stupid. You're asking your RBs to gain an extra couple of yards just to make it back to the LOS. It's going to be interesting to see what kind of game plan the Patriots put out there against Denver. I'd load up the box and be all over the short routes, and dare Manning to try to beat you throwing intermediate range passes between your LBs and DBs.

You want delusional? Here is your delusional post from the Bronco forum......

On Probation

Yes. I am actually impressed with Peyton Manning's play.
As I mentioned in an earlier post, I thought it was stupid for Elway and Kubiak to spend the off-season fixing something that wasn't broke. For better or worse, the quarterback is always going to receive the bulk of the blame when an offense or team is struggling in addition to all the praise when that offense dominates; it's just how it works. Peyton Manning can't do anything about his physical neck-fused limitations... I can't for the life of me figure out what Elway and Kubiak were thinking other than the possibility that they are trying to muscle PFM into retirement. Otherwise, only two games into the season they are both eating crow--and it does pain me to see our offense (under a young and/or unfamiliar offensive line) have to "find their identity," to use Manning's words, during the regular season when this is something that should have been addressed months ago.

That said, we are 4-0 and our defense is destroying people. Of course Peyton's arm isn't what it used to be but his football intelligence is off the charts. Am I the only one impressed with his clutch game-winning drives, his composure, and game management? I don't think QB statistics accurately reflect Manning's performance this season. Unfortunately, however, stats are the layman "idiot's guide" to talking about football.

Mark my words: our offense WILL continue to improve and if this team stays healthy I just don't see any other AFC team stopping us. Yea, I said it.

The Patriots and their SEE!-WE-DON'T-NEED-TO-CHEAT! numbers don't scare me. That number one seed is going to be decided at Mile High. And if the Broncos can secure it, so is the road to the Super Bowl.

The delusional have always been impressed with Peyton Manning. Before then, it was Marino> Montanna. In the 70s, Fouts put up the big numbers and everybody rode his junk. It's always been this way.

Manning hasn't been great but he's a long way from being benched. Don't kid yourself. No matter what you think about Osweiler's potential, he's an extremely inexperienced back-up playing on a 4-0 team that can win most of their games if they score 20 points or more.

The biggest drawback right now is running out of the pistol, which to me is just stupid. You're asking your RBs to gain an extra couple of yards just to make it back to the LOS. It's going to be interesting to see what kind of game plan the Patriots put out there against Denver. I'd load up the box and be all over the short routes, and dare Manning to try to stay upright long enough to throw intermediate range passes between your LBs and DBs.

FYP :coffee:

Here's the thing about their trying to make PM "a piece of the puzzle": other QBs who were that while the defense and/or running game carried a lot of the load (ie TB before say 04) DID NOT TURN THE BALL OVER SO MUCH AND MAKE HORRIBLE MEDICINE BALL THROWS. I mean even Eli who DID turn the ball over constantly in his championship years didn't get his WRs killed in the process.

Broncos will lose at least 4 games before the season ends, and possibly even 5. They will have at least 1, maybe even 2 losses before the Pats play them.

I'm sorry but this years Broncos team does scare me all that much. Sure their defense is playing extremely well but none of the teams they've played thus far has a winning record.

Before the season started the Bronco game was the only one I was worried about but after watching the games up to this point, I'm more worried about the Jets in NY than I am about the Broncos.

Don't worry, the media will keep fluffing PeyPey.

ESPN felt the need to tweet this today. Just to remind people how utterly awesome ol Peyton is.

CQkzsPWWcAA8Zcx.jpg

Don't worry, the media will keep fluffing PeyPey.

ESPN felt the need to tweet this today. Just to remind people how utterly awesome ol Peyton is.

CQkzsPWWcAA8Zcx.jpg

kinda convenient to overlook a loss at home to the colts in the PLAYOFFS!!!!!

All they can do now is focus on his legacy and tout the "wins" even though every win this year has been on the back of his defense and kicker.

It must really stink for ESPN because they really don't want to keep comparing Rodgers and Brady but that is all they have at the QB position now. Manning is #25. He is not even on the same planet so they have to do all they can to still make him relevant.

It must also really burn ESPN so bad that after the "best" FA ever signed with Denver and Elway went ALL IN to get him a ring, it was Brady who got the championship late in his career after Bill got the most money hungry player in the league to play on a one year discount. It really is stunning and kind of just leaves them licking Peyton's boots this year in embarrassing fashion.

Manning's not getting benched as long as he's physically able to play.

Elway would never allow that to happen.

Here's the thing about their trying to make PM "a piece of the puzzle": other QBs who were that while the defense and/or running game carried a lot of the load (ie TB before say 04) DID NOT TURN THE BALL OVER SO MUCH AND MAKE HORRIBLE MEDICINE BALL THROWS. I mean even Eli who DID turn the ball over constantly in his championship years didn't get his WRs killed in the process.

I am not sure the run game carried Brady much before 2004. 2001 was pretty good, 2002 was awful, 2003 they were near the bottom so bad they had to go out and get Dillon, but as you said, its nice to have a run game and defense but if you keep turning the ball over, you are not winning much. There are a lot of teams with good run games and defense who do not win.

Denver is 4-0 because of that defense. They are winning the games for them while Manning struggles.

Denver is 4-0 because of that defense. They are winning the games for them while Manning struggles.

Denver is 4-0 because they've played the dogshit of the NFL, and also, Kansas City literally handed them a game.

Manning's not getting benched as long as he's physically able to play.

Elway would never allow that to happen.
I thought that but as I look at Denver I see that Elway needs to win because of the issue with ownership. I am going to assume at some point the team will either go to the kids or be sold off. John did well but not that well unless the under the table payouts were much larger than reported.

anyway Elway knows he built a defense and has weapons on Offense that are out of sorts mixing the two offenses of Manning and Kubiak. We all know John is loyal to Manning but he forced a restructure of the deal.

HOWEVER

John is more attached to Kubiak and will do what ever he thinks will make the team a winner now, IF NOT he would have left the Manning offense in place. If not he would not have brought in his bestie to coach. Kubiak will get the man he thinks will win this year.

I thought that but as I look at Denver I see that Elway needs to win because of the issue with ownership. I am going to assume at some point the team will either go to the kids or be sold off. John did well but not that well unless the under the table payouts were much larger than reported.

anyway Elway knows he built a defense and has weapons on Offense that are out of sorts mixing the two offenses of Manning and Kubiak. We all know John is loyal to Manning but he forced a restructure of the deal.

HOWEVER

John is more attached to Kubiak and will do what ever he thinks will make the team a winner now, IF NOT he would have left the Manning offense in place. If not he would not have brought in his bestie to coach. Kubiak will get the man he thinks will win this year.

I agree. If Kubes pulls the hook to go with Oz, Elway will back him. Elway is pretty ruthless in general. He has a great team, even the STs are kicking butt and yet his QB is dragging the whole thing down. If they let it go on both Sanders and DT will end up injured going up for his jump balls. This hybrid offense is a joke.

HOWEVER

I agree. If Kubes pulls the hook to go with Oz, Elway will back him. Elway is pretty ruthless in general. He has a great team, even the STs are kicking butt and yet his QB is dragging the whole thing down. If they let it go on both Sanders and DT will end up injured going up for his jump balls. This hybrid offense is a joke.

I think you guys are underestimating the respect Elway has for Peyton Manning here first of all, and second of all, the Bowlen kids don't want to be the ones who "fired John Elway" in Colorado.

The only way he loses that job is if he quits.

I think you guys are underestimating the respect Elway has for Peyton Manning here first of all, and second of all, the Bowlen kids don't want to be the ones who "fired John Elway" in Colorado.

The only way he loses that job is if he quits.

I think you might be under estimating Elway hiring Kubes. That is when it stopped being about Manning. Elway wants to win more than anything and he has the team to do it if he gets better QB play. He knows if Manning looks this bad in good weather, what in the world will be look like when it gets nasty? That thought has to keep him up at night.

I think you might be under estimating Elway hiring Kubes. That is when it stopped being about Manning. Elway wants to win more than anything and he has the team to do it if he gets better QB play. He knows if Manning looks this bad in good weather, what in the world will be look like when it gets nasty? That thought has to keep him up at night.

Well, that, and wondering if Sarah Jessica Parker is his long-lost sister.

Back