So I quit my job today......

Lot of good they are when I keep interviewing with women.:doh:

You just havn't interviewed with the right woman.

In fact, I was just out having a smoke break after a long boring meeting, and a really nice cool lesbian showed me her bewbies - well, actually her nipple ring and new tattoo, but still... it was teh awesome. :coffee:

You just havn't interviewed with the right woman.

In fact, I was just out having a smoke break after a long boring meeting, and a really nice cool lesbian showed me her bewbies - well, actually her nipple ring and new tattoo, but still... it was teh awesome. :coffee:

I need to move to Wisconsin. Every damn trip I got hit on by a lesbian. One of them must have been able to give me job.:shrug:

I'm sure there are quite a few men that wouldn't mind her working on their staffs as well.

Sadly, I'm still clinging to the 5% of dignity I have left.:sulk:

Not true. Depending on the state, but I rarely see an unemployment claim denied (and I fight all of them) even for employees who resigned.

My husband got starved out of his last job. A job he had for 7 years. The city we lived in was in the top 5 for foreclosures in the country. My husband built most of those houses.

It cost more in gas and babysitting than my husband made in a day, even at $32 an hour. He told the boss he couldn't do it anymore. Unemployment said he quit and we get no help. Basically, they said "suck it".

There. You've seen another denied. :p uh, erm :(

I think it is great in the movies. In real life unless you can afford to, not the greatest move. Your boss didn’t like you and now you are gone. I’m pretty sure he is not losing any sleep.

If you are the good guy in this situation I hope everything works out for you.

I guess, depending on age and industry, it might not be too big of a deal. I'm definately with Bid that in the tech world, burning bridges is usually a bad thing. Not only are references often critical, but right now it's so unstable you never know if you might need to go back for survival purposes.

I walked out on a job I held for 14 years, back in '04.
My only regret is I didn't quit sooner. :high:

For @ least two years I dreamed about walking away. I saved money, bidding my time.... Al Davis >)

Burn those damn bridges! Burn 'em!!!! all to hell!!!!

I refused to bad-mouth anyone on my exit interview.
( Threatening HR with a lawsuit was enough. The HR dude was a complete and total dink...yes with a small 'd'). >)

My younger brother worked for a snack company one of the kind that comes in an drops off a box tray of candy and other stuff expecting people to be honest and pay for all the stuff they take.

Well he was with them for 5 years and had built up a pretty solid number of clients. He said it was about 400 stops per week over a 200 mile area.
Any way he was making top cash in the company. Every now and then the packers would short him a few of the trays he needed for a run and he would come in and report the shortage with the supervisor. The problem is it kept happening and the Supervisor started saying he was stealing the trays that he claimed he was being shorted.
My Brother spoke to the Owners about it and the Suspended him for two week for insubordination.
When he came back his rout had been given to the supervisor's son. Greg was told he would only be a relief driver from now on. He quit that day Three months later he was running his own Vending machine Company and had replaced almost all of the trays on his old rout from the other Company with his machines. He ended up buying out his former employer and now runs one of the largest vending Companies in his area.

My younger brother worked for a snack company one of the kind that comes in an drops off a box tray of candy and other stuff expecting people to be honest and pay for all the stuff they take.

Well he was with them for 5 years and had built up a pretty solid number of clients. He said it was about 400 stops per week over a 200 mile area.
Any way he was making top cash in the company. Every now and then the packers would short him a few of the trays he needed for a run and he would come in and report the shortage with the supervisor. The problem is it kept happening and the Supervisor started saying he was stealing the trays that he claimed he was being shorted.
My Brother spoke to the Owners about it and the Suspended him for two week for insubordination.
When he came back his rout had been given to the supervisor's son. Greg was told he would only be a relief driver from now on. He quit that day Three months later he was running his own Vending machine Company and had replaced almost all of the trays on his old rout from the other Company with his machines. He ended up buying out his former employer and now runs one of the largest vending Companies in his area.

:bow: That is 100% awesome :D

Well, since I'm bored and can't sleep, I guess I'll tell my other, more long winded walk off story. Goes back to my days working in a video store (and yes, some of the stuff from Clerks was frighteningly accurate). Anyway, I had spent about 3 years there, moved up to assistant manager and was next in line for a store. 3 gm openings later, I was passed up again. The DM came to tell me personally, and explained that the VP of our franchise didn't like me and wasn't going to let me have a store. (long story, but in short I correctly pointed out to him that one of their "brilliant" promos was going to lose money... turned out it was his idea, and not a single store made a profit from it) I gave notice and left the company two weeks later. Fast forward about a year, and I have need for a job, so I call up the DM to see if he needs any assistants. The same VP is still there, so I know I'm not getting a store, just needed some money. Since every store that DM had ever transferred me to had a 10% increase in performance scores (DM reviews), he hired me instantly.

Fast forward another few months, and I get transferred to another store under the other District Manager (who I didn't like as much), and to boot, the GM spot was being taken by someone I had trained to be an Assistant. The DM asked if that would be a problem, and I really had no issue with it whatsoever, kinda figured we'd make a good team. Unfortunately, I was wrong on that front. He comes in an immediately starts the power trip stuff, telling me I'm doing everything wrong, then copping more attitude when I'd prove that I was doing it right. We were having major turnover as employees couldn't stand him and the store was going down the tubes fast. Then it gets to the limit. On the day the managers were leaving for the annual conference, I get a flat tire on the way in for a closing shift. Called to let him know I'd be late. No biggie as we had all 3 managers working that day, so the other assistant was on the mid shift. But when I get there, I find a write-up waiting for me on the desk. Now, I'd never been late, or even called in sick before, so there was no cause whatsoever for that. He called later that night after their first night of conference stuff, and I told him I'd torn it up and would be happy to discuss things with him on his return.

After the conference ends, I come in for a closing shift to find the original write up re-written, and another for insubordination. He had left early that day, so I called him at home and told him I needed to see him in the store immediately. He comes in, we go out back and I tell him I'm trying to help him as he's losing control of his store. He basically brushes that off, so I tell him he has two choices. Either he can tear up both of the write ups and we can get things back on track, or (pulled my keys out of my pocket), he can take the keys and work the closing shift. His reply was that he wasn't tearing them, so I calmly handed him the keys, walked back inside, collected my things and left.

That part's the normal walk off the job stuff. The good part came later. The next morning, I called the DM (the one I didn't really like, nor he me) and asked to meet him to discuss the situation. Went in, told him I would be happy to work out notice at another store, but that I would not work for Brad (the GM) any more. I went on to explain some of the things going wrong and the problems he was having, and things that could be done to save the store. The DM started giving me the "how would you know, you've never been a GM" bit, so I gave up that pursuit and just told him to mark my words that he would have to fire the guy within 3 months. He scoffed, told me he had complete faith in Brad's abilities which is why he had promoted him to begin with. I simply told him that he had made an error in judgment this time and left. 3 months to the day later, I walk in to the store, and the other assistant comes bouncing up to me to tell me that the DM had come in that morning and fired Brad. I wandered around the store for a bit until the DM came out of the office. "So, I hear you had to fire Brad today. *look at watch* Hmm, correct me if I'm wrong, but you and I talked.... what was it... three months ago?" 15 years later I still get a smile when I think of his expression as he opened and closed his mouth several times trying to think up a response before giving up and storming out of the store.

Back