So I'm really not sure where to go from here.

First time in YEARS that I didn't even watch 1 second of the SB and it was great. Didn't even know who won until this morning and not because I looked it up, it was just on the news.

This was the first super I’ve missed in jeez….. since I was 8 or 9. Even those, I was just sent upstairs to be away from the adults.
I’m pretty sick now and decided to go to sleep. If I was well I’d have watched, and if I cared about either team I’d have watched. This SB just wasn’t interesting. I’d be interested to know the ratings compared to others.
On gambling, it sure seems like the refs favor one team on almost every game. I don’t remember it being this bad even in 2012ish.
I think it should be illegal to gamble on your phone. It’s too easy to throw away you and your family’s life with a quick swipe. It is bad for society.

Very disappointing finish just like last year. The league is so rigged it is awful.

I clicked the post from Volin to go read responses since I'm banned and that's all I could do.... or so I thought! I clicked like on one response from somebody trashing Volin and...... the heart turned red and added a like to the total! Elon Musk has freed my long banned account... I thanked him in my first tweet in years, while trashing Volin

I assume I made the right decision in not watching.

Hard to say. Right up until the last few minutes it was a really good showcase for the game with a lot of high-level football
along the way and a relatively satisfying presentation. It was the first Super Bowl I've watched in 4K and that was a nice
advancement. They didn't miss any shots and Burkhardt and Olson were on top of the game more than we're used to.

At this point, a lot of folks like me are weighing their addiction to the NFL and asking themselves whether it is worth it or not.

Football is the only sport where I usually enjoy watching random games that I'm not emotionally invested in, if only to use them
as a baseline for where my team is in relation. I'm not capable of turning my back on the Pats, because I can view them as
outlaws/outliers who, at their best, defeat both their opposing teams and the league itself, which as we all know, has treated us
differently than the rest of the herd.

I think I'll carry on where the Pats are concerned and invest a lot less time on the rest of it. However, my cynicism for Roger's
regime is way up there. Maybe the best thing would be if revenues dropped and the league owners decided on a rebrand
under new leadership. I suppose it's possible that somebody else could reduce the number of issues that result from too
many flags too inconsistently thrown and how much time it takes during a game to administer the current myth of balanced justice.

The Golden Goose is still laying, but there are some feathers flying. They could kill it yet, but maybe people need to walk away
or scale back for real to show them who is really in control. It's all about the money, so.......maybe that's what is needed.

Hard to say. Right up until the last few minutes it was a really good showcase for the game with a lot of high-level football
along the way and a relatively satisfying presentation. It was the first Super Bowl I've watched in 4K and that was a nice
advancement. They didn't miss any shots and Burkhardt and Olson were on top of the game more than we're used to.

At this point, a lot of folks like me are weighing their addiction to the NFL and asking themselves whether it is worth it or not.

Football is the only sport where I usually enjoy watching random games that I'm not emotionally invested in, if only to use them
as a baseline for where my team is in relation. I'm not capable of turning my back on the Pats, because I can view them as
outlaws/outliers who, at their best, defeat both their opposing teams and the league itself, which as we all know, has treated us
differently than the rest of the herd.

I think I'll carry on where the Pats are concerned and invest a lot less time on the rest of it. However, my cynicism for Roger's
regime is way up there. Maybe the best thing would be if revenues dropped and the league owners decided on a rebrand
under new leadership. I suppose it's possible that somebody else could reduce the number of issues that result from too
many flags too inconsistently thrown and how much time it takes during a game to administer the current myth of balanced justice.

The Golden Goose is still laying, but there are some feathers flying. They could kill it yet, but maybe people need to walk away
or scale back for real to show them who is really in control. It's all about the money, so.......maybe that's what is needed.
Exactly how I feel about it.

Exactly how I feel about it.

And I think many of us are very concerned at the quite dramatic lurch the league has taken towards Gambling. And they were sneaky about it too, starting off with Fantasy Football and easing that in until they could release the full gamut of dangerous gambling companies.

And I think many of us are very concerned at the quite dramatic lurch the league has taken towards Gambling. And they were sneaky about it too, starting off with Fantasy Football and easing that in until they could release the full gamut of dangerous gambling companies.
^^Agree^^

I love Competition
I love the Art of Game Strategy
I love the Athleticism needed to Execute the Strategy

but The NFL has finally jumpted the Money $$hark w/ this Online betting $hit while foisting their version of Game Rules allowing for wide latitudes of interpretation and implementation (seemingly) at the most critical times in A Contest

I now await the real-life competition to see who will be the 1st degenerate irate gambler to shoot-up something/anything all because a NFL Ref made a call that the moron thinks lost him his truck/house/spouse/or side-chick

Right on.

For years the fantasy football stuff got around gambling laws by saying it was a game of skill. It’s all gambling.

How much money was bet on this Super Bowl? How much does a ref make in a given year. Not to mention some jag player who knows they won’t make the roster next season. It’s easy to fake a muffed punt, or to drop that last catch that may take you over your player prop. The amount of player props you can bet on are unreal.

@Hawg73
agree, been a lot less invested in non pats regular season games for awhile now.

Maybe you came around faster than I am, but I'll try to make up for lost time next season.

I used to say that the difference between a business like pro football and, say, a chemical company is that nobody
gets emotionally involved with those companies. We don't run out and buy shirts that say "Monsanto" on them nor
do we get emotional when their stock goes up or down.

Following the NFL feels more like that these days. It makes me feel dirty.

The gambling is going to be a problem if it isn't already. Even if by some miracle it wasn't, the spectre of it would still be a problem because people would be looking for problems and focusing in on the refereeing in doing so.

I also don't think the CTE issue is going away. Over time, more and more people will get personal exposure to it. I just recently did, with a friend of mine from HS who played D1 ball. We weren't in touch, but all the earmarks of CTE were there.

The gambling is going to be a problem if it isn't already. Even if by some miracle it wasn't, the spectre of it would still be a problem because people would be looking for problems and focusing in on the refereeing in doing so.

I also don't think the CTE issue is going away. Over time, more and more people will get personal exposure to it. I just recently did, with a friend of mine from HS who played D1 ball. We weren't in touch, but all the earmarks of CTE were there.

After I read the initial bombshell report of Bennett Amalu of BU it made me think that the game it self is fundamentally doomed and there isn't anything practical that can be done to fix that problem. That it would just be a matter of time before that information proliferated far enough into this football-mad country and the sport would be deemed as unfitting for humans to play any more. I'm a little surprised the issue isn't a bigger deal than it is right now.

The league has been putting a band-aid over the issue with rule changes, slick PR and minor equipment changes, but the "play 60" campaign targeting kids to get more interested in football isn't going to work if Mom doesn't want little Nathan or Susie to end up getting their brains scrambled.

George Kittle can wear his new helmet with the bump-out, but nothing can do much to stop a brain from sloshing around inside the skull. Not enough to prevent CTE with current
technology, anyways.

The whole issue is still there in the distance and Roger just hopes to keep it at bay until his golden parachute fully deploys and he buys Epstein Island at auction. Then it's some
other sucker's problem to deal with.

After I read the initial bombshell report of Bennett Amalu of BU it made me think that the game it self is fundamentally doomed and there isn't anything practical that can be done to fix that problem. That it would just be a matter of time before that information proliferated far enough into this football-mad country and the sport would be deemed as unfitting for humans to play any more. I'm a little surprised the issue isn't a bigger deal than it is right now.

The league has been putting a band-aid over the issue with rule changes, slick PR and minor equipment changes, but the "play 60" campaign targeting kids to get more interested in football isn't going to work if Mom doesn't want little Nathan or Susie to end up getting their brains scrambled.

George Kittle can wear his new helmet with the bump-out, but nothing can do much to stop a brain from sloshing around inside the skull. Not enough to prevent CTE with current
technology, anyways.

The whole issue is still there in the distance and Roger just hopes to keep it at bay until his golden parachute fully deploys and he buys Epstein Island at auction. Then it's some
Tell you what, and I never thought I'd be saying this, but:

I haven't yet told Mrs. Flagg, but I'm thinking over the cost/benefits of my Little Wanderers playing. I've always said I wouldn't trade my time playing football - what I learned and how I grew - for anything, but at the same time, the Brain Store seems to be fresh out of spares.

technology, anyways.

The issue as well is this is a major issue now in Rugby also. And Rugby is a sport the NFL has been encouraged to look at with regard to the tackling technique. No good. Even though Rugby has no helmets and players then don't go in leading with the head, they are still getting constant head knocks in the tackle or heads hitting off hop bone of needs etc. Now we have a massive lawsuit in the game from players who are experiencing CTE and other woeful brain disorders. One famous player who won the World Cup with England in 2003 says he has no memory of that final at all now and can't remember many other games. We have had a peculiar spate recently of a high proportion of ex-rugby players getting Lou Gehrig's Disease (Notr Neuron Disease as we call it over here. The poor guy below is Doddie Weir, a famous Scottish rugby player who was 6 foot 8 and a bear of a man in his prime in the late nineties/2000s. He sadly died a few weeks ago.

3310040_7_seoimage4x3_2128629-RS_B45I0685.jpg

Below is another famous rugby player called Rob Burrow. He was only playing a few years ago. He's only 40....And there are more of them like this.

64c5d84e5f057115ab45ea4e8b216e9aY29udGVudHNlYXJjaGFwaSwxNjQ5MjYwNjMy-2.66234483.jpg

Back