So who is the QB in this years Draft that Bill is looking at?

Jake Browning @ Washington is pretty awesome (and from Brady's home town area), but only a junior.

Jake Browning @ Washington is pretty awesome (and from Brady's home town area), but only a junior.

Sounds like he has a gun... :coffee:

Browning+guns+in+Orrville

A girl that I graduated with is directly related to the owners.

When you are winning and playing like a top 3 quarterback you are not holding your team hostage. That is kind of what a team wants from a QB. Maybe this subject should be held off until Brady actually starts to play like favre did late in his career.

By then it is too late to draft and develop, you need to have someone being groomed for the position (like Rodgers to Farve) ... you wait you end up starting some rookie that isn't ready, or some journeyman who wouldn't win somewhere else.

SSDD

By then it is too late to draft and develop, you need to have someone being groomed for the position (like Rodgers to Farve) ... you wait you end up starting some rookie that isn't ready, or some journeyman who wouldn't win somewhere else.

SSDD

Might be better than paying JG 25 mil a year and find out he cant play. The Aaron Rodgers thing happens about 1 time out of 5000

CBS ratings as of now

Prospect Rankings
NFL Draft Prospects
Year
Position
2018 Top NFL Draft Prospects - Quarterback
Rk Player POS POS Rk School Class HT WT
1 Mason Rudolph QB 2 Oklahoma State Sr 6-5 230
18 Josh Rosen QB 3 UCLA Jr 6-4 220
28 Lamar Jackson QB 5 Louisville Jr 6-3 200
40 Sam Darnold QB 1 Southern California Soph 6-4 225
46 Ryan Finley QB 0 NC State Jr 6-4 205
65 Baker Mayfield QB 8 Oklahoma Sr 6-1 218

I don't see Josh Allen listed there.

Josh Allen, junior quarterback, Wyoming

Height, weight: 6-foot-5, 233 pounds (school measurements)

Seriously, this is supposed to be a deep QB class and Bill has traded everyone on the depth chart at QB but Tom and Edelman, so what future Patriots QB are you looking at:

Mason Rudolph Oklahoma State
Josh Rosen UCLA
Lamar Jackson Louisville
Sam Darnold Southern California
Ryan Finley QB NC State
Baker Mayfield Oklahoma

or is it someone else?

Baker Mayfield. That kid takes a beating and still stands in there.

The Josh Allen (Wyoming) looks promising as a prospect, but he's not ready to go day 1 or anything.

Not impressed by either Rosen or Darnold, now that the media is focusing on them, they've both kind of shrunk. I'm not sure what kind of QB prospect Jackson would project to, although he'd be fun to have on a team.

---------- Post added at 01:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 AM ----------

Saw some projections the other day that Rosen and Jackson both going in the top 3. But eh, not worth much at this time of year.

Jackson going in the top 3 increases the chances of the Patriots getting a good prospect at 35.

Seriously, this is supposed to be a deep QB class and Bill has traded everyone on the depth chart at QB but Tom and Edelman, so what future Patriots QB are you looking at:

Mason Rudolph Oklahoma State
Josh Rosen UCLA
Lamar Jackson Louisville
Sam Darnold Southern California
Ryan Finley QB NC State
Baker Mayfield Oklahoma

or is it someone else?

Clayton Thorson, QB, Northwestern 6-4. Weight: 225.
Many scouts have said Thorson has quality mechanics with a quick delivery and he has a super strong arm, is smart, athletic, and has improved as a junior.

Might be better than paying JG 25 mil a year and find out he cant play. The Aaron Rodgers thing happens about 1 time out of 5000

Oh, I agree completely, in a perfect world you want a couple of years of seasoning on the bench before the newbie takes over, and then a year or two before he needs to be paid.

It will be really tough to do under the current CBA, Rogers was under an earlier one that had longer rookie contracts.

I was just saying by the time that the existing QBs play starts declining it is too late to start looking for a replacement, you have to always be refreshing the backup situation.

SSDD

Hoyer is the backup qb for a few years...so, no one.

There is a solid scenario where we draft a QB and keep 3 on the roster for the NeXT years. We need Hoyer as the backup untill the new guy is ready, and Hoyer would be a good backup for the new QB when Brady retires.

I like the thought but the image they drew for Brady in 2022 is more like Brady in 2042. C'mon Man!

DNlgS4nXcA8p7e7.jpg

SSDD

Rodgers is actually the anomaly. Top QBs play their rookie year. Most don't wait 3 years. I mean Wentz looks great in his second year as does Goff. Watson already looks like a star in his rookie season. Rodgers waited so long because the Packers had to work on his mechanics and Favre was there. If the Pats pick the right guy in this upcoming draft, he could be ready to roll in 2019 but the GOAT could push him back too.

Rodgers is actually the anomaly. Top QBs play their rookie year. Most don't wait 3 years. I mean Wentz looks great in his second year as does Goff. Watson already looks like a star in his rookie season. Rodgers waited so long because the Packers had to work on his mechanics and Favre was there. If the Pats pick the right guy in this upcoming draft, he could be ready to roll in 2019 but the GOAT could push him back too.

BB learned his lesson by starting rookie QB Eric Zeier

BB learned his lesson by starting rookie QB Eric Zeier

It goes without saying that you have to select a good QB whether he plays his rook season or later. That is what BB is tasked with right now. He has to find the next guy. I am kind of psyched that we get to look at QBs in this draft.

I am waiting for the combine underwear photos and will go with the dumpy, non-athletic looking guy, kind of like this guy..

TOM-BRADY-PIC-1.jpg

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sb...nfl-draft-quarterbacks-josh-rosen-sam-darnold

The maturity question also hangs over Oklahoma’s Baker Mayfield, who was arrested in the offseason on charges of public intoxication, disorderly conduct, and resisting arrest. Mayfield is dynamic on the field, throwing for 23 touchdowns and just three interceptions while completing 72.5 percent of his passes this season. He also has a big fan in former NFL general manager Scot McCloughan. On a radio show, he recently compared Mayfield to a shorter Brett Favre.

“Tough guy. Oh yeah, he can throw it,” McCloughan said. “And he’s very confident and he’s not afraid whatsoever, whatsoever. He’s a battler. And I know saying Brett Favre is a big name and I was around him for a while, but he’s … this guy has talent.”

Back