So who is this FallingAlice? A brief history of the Planet

Undertaker #59 said:
One more thing for those who might not know.

Our references to the "25" mods come from a user who at that time thought we had too many moderators and made a sarcastic comment about 25 moderators not being enough.

The coverage we have is pretty good with the 5 of us, and really we are all mainly just members with some extra buttons. A board like this really belongs to its members, that is why most major decisions are put up to a vote.

Damn you UT. You gave away the secret :cuss:

Hi, long time lurker... first time caller... no, wait. That's not quite right.

T-ShirtDynasty humbly feels this historic thread should be considered for perma-sticky status. With a better understanding of the storied background, the key players, and birth of The Planet... it's much easier to grasp the overall "personality" of this interesting community for us newbs.

Such a rich history. You guys have a right to be proud.

Nice work Hawg and Bid ....... as much as you Mods say it's the members that make the Planet ....... The Planet would not exist without all the hard work from the Mods.

Thanks to all once again [/asskissing] :toast:

T-ShirtDynasty said:

T-ShirtDynasty humbly feels this historic thread should be considered for perma-sticky status. With a better understanding of the storied background, the key players, and birth of The Planet... it's much easier to grasp the overall "personality" of this interesting community for us newbs.

Welcome aboard, T-shirt. Interesting little pet you have on your shoulder. Does he bite? Don't forget to check out the famous girlie pic thread (if you're into that kind of thing).

T-ShirtDynasty said:

Welcome to the Planet man! Great banner by the way :thumb:

Annihilus is going to break from 3rd person for one post. He hopes nobody minds too much. ;)

Ahhh...a history of the Planet Thread. I like it. The cool thing about this thread is that it is really a tribute to Alice.....and even though a lot of the stuff I'm going to write doesn't have anything to do with her directly, it wouldn't be written at all if she hadn't made this site outta the frikkin' air. It's a trickle down she should be proud of. This place is fun, and it's pretty much all her fault.

The other guys have pretty much said everything that needs to be said. Out of the gang that has already spoken, I'm definately the newcomer - but like UT said: this board was always where I wanted to be but just didn't know it.

Before I got here I had never made one post on an Internet message board of any kind. Up until two weeks ago I had never been in an Internet chatroom of anykind (Undertaker had to go and get us one of those so I didn't have much of a choice - thanks bro ;) ). Since then I think I've posted a total of about 15 times on KFFL and maybe 100 on Patriots.com's site when the Planet went kerflooey for that month last year. It always seems weird to post elsewhere.

I think I can speak for everyone when I say this place is great for Pats fans to hang out. Not to be melodramatic, but in the 20+ years of beeing a Patriots fan I don't remember much of a happier time than the day/week that I found this place (other than the SB victiories maybe). Being an out of state Pats fan that has lived in MT, KY, SD & MN, I hadn't even met another Pats fan until I came here.

Imagine what it was like for me to actually have a conversation with someone that knew the name of the Patriots running back or wide receivers. It was friggin' shocking. And Awesome. From my first post (in the Karma thread) I was hooked. The members were funny as hell and some of them tended to be a bit more verbose than on other boards. Hell, some of them even wrote stories about time travel and sh!t. WTF?

Since then, this place has added tons of other unique members each with their own twisted slant on life and the Patriots. It never ends. You gotta love it.

So thanks Alice. You da bomb.

The rest of ya kick ass too. :thumb:
Annihilus returns to 3rd person. He thanks you for your time.

bideau said:
Ummm, that would be "worst typing skills" :D
Only if there are more than two people on the East Coast. But you didn't allow for the possibility that he meant to use the comparative instead of the superlative, now did you? Witnessing Americans correct one another on grammar is like watching Pele instructing Maradona about the subtleties of an influence block. ;)

BTW, I hereby move that in honor of our chosen team's heavily Gaelic homeland, we simply refer to "that situation" as "The Troubles." Capitalised, of course.

Oedipus Tex said:
Only if there are more than two people on the East Coast. But you didn't allow for the possibility that he meant to use the comparative instead of the superlative, now did you? Witnessing Americans correct one another on grammar is like watching Pele instructing Maradona about the intricacies of an influence block. ;)

BTW, I hereby move that in honor of our chosen team's heavily Gaelic homeland, we simply refer to "that situation" as "The Troubles." Capitalised, of course.
Ras!!!!!!! exploding head pic needed immediately! :huh: :dith:

T-ShirtDynasty said:

Welcome to the board. I think instead of a sticky (which tend to clutter things up and get ignored), this thread and a few other recent ones will get copied over to the archives forum where a lot of our history is buried and remembered.

Oedipus Tex said:
Only if there are more than two people on the East Coast. But you didn't allow for the possibility that he meant to use the comparative instead of the superlative, now did you? Witnessing Americans correct one another on grammar is like watching Pele instructing Maradona about the intricacies of an influence block. ;)

It's nice to have you back in the fold Tex. Thanks for clarifying things, (in a way that only you can do).
:D
________
R 51/3

Oedipus Tex said:
Only if there are more than two people on the East Coast. But you didn't allow for the possibility that he meant to use the comparative instead of the superlative, now did you?

in the big picture if that is the WORSE error of my ways then heaven is a given.

My gramma ain't that bad it just a little bit off of what is normal. never gonna be compared to staven shakerspear but what the heck, it do good with the women around here especiality around closing time

mikiemo83 said:
in the big picture if that is the WORSE error of my ways then heaven is a given.

My gramma ain't that bad it just a little bit off of what is normal. never gonna be compared to staven shakerspear but what the heck, it do good with the women around here especiality around closing time

It's not your grammar, it's the busted keys on your keyboard ;)

Oedipus Tex said:
My sarcasm detector just shattered. You owe me $19.95.
For a $150.00 you could have purchased the sarcasmnator, made by the same people who made the Whizzanator.

It straps on to the back of head and releases a small stream of water to notify you that sarcasm has been stated or read.

It comes in several colors and virtually undetectable under a hat!

Back