Source: Rex Ryan fine at least $75K

Mr NFLfan

Reaction score
I live where the men are men and the sheep are ner
Ya know......

I'm not shedding any tears that Rex got in trouble with the league, but isn't 75K a little extreme for swearing?

I don't really know what happened, but isn't it possible that the fan was being a dick?

It's way over the top, imo. Roger is insane.

Ya know......

I'm not shedding any tears that Rex got in trouble with the league, but isn't 75K a little extreme for swearing?

I don't really know what happened, but isn't it possible that the fan was being a dick?

What happened?

Fan: "Belichick is better than you"
Rex: "STFU"

And they nailed him for 50 K for flipping off at fan at a non footbal venue - so that's the thinking.

Does seem severe.

Cheers, BostonTim

I saw this one coming. I still think it's ironic that the NFL promoted 'Hard Knocks' with Rex swearing every other word and then to lay down a fine like this b/c of the very same swear word the NFL made money on. But it's Rex so I'm good with it.

I can't stand Rex, and I wish nothing but bad things to happen to him......but this is ridiculous. Goodell is so damned politically correct that it's sickening.

I don't think he should use the kind of language in a public forum. He represents the NFL. It is a fvcking disgrace is what it is.
ROFL

Well said.

Screw him. I hope its the higher amount. Knowing he'll face fines, I hope the fans heckle him until he is broke.
Posted via Mobile Device

There are 2 key principals Rex broke which got him fined.

1. He swore in public and it was taped and

2. He directed his swear at a fan.

#2 is by far the most damning and that's what got him fined, imo.

There are 2 key principals Rex broke which got him fined.

1. He swore in public and it was taped and

2. He directed his swear at a fan.

#2 is by far the most damning and that's what got him fined, imo.

You forgot #3.

Repeat Offender.

I thought I read somewhere that the NYJ were the ones who fined him for the MMA flip off. So is he a "repeat offender" NFL wise then?

Ya know......

Seems like 750k and loss of a first round pick was extreme for filming from what was essentially a no parking zone so no tears shed for Rex.:Fart:

Ya know......

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3PF4ILpJEho?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3PF4ILpJEho?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

If GoodHell really want to hurt Rex he would mandate that his wife wears socks around the house.....

Just saying.....

Should have not gotten fined but then again he should not have repsonded to the fan in as negatively a fashion as he did, let alone at all. I get the logic behind the fine (NFL conduct) but it was still ridiculous.

What happened?

Fan: "Belichick is better than you"
Rex: "STFU"

And they nailed him for 50 K for flipping off at fan at a non footbal venue - so that's the thinking.

Does seem severe.

Cheers, BostonTim
How do you know the fan wasnt sitting behind the bench talking shit all game? All we know is what we saw.....75K is ridiculous

How do you know the fan wasnt sitting behind the bench talking shit all game? All we know is what we saw.....75K is ridiculous

I'm sure Rex was exposed to more verbal abuse than that in his own home growing up.

And this fine could be inclusive of all the mouthy crap that's come from jetland since he's been running the show. Taking into consideration the full body of work, the fine really isn't so bad o:)

Back