Sox Planet - come join us for some sexy sox talk

I'm about ready to pull the plug on the season. I don't like this team. I'm ready to move Mookie as I see no reason to pay him what he's probably going to be looking for and the guy is incapable of stringing together back-to-back quality seasons. I see a lot of quality pieces here, but the pitching is absolute shit from beginning to end. I gave them time to get it together, they haven't to this point and I'm not expecting that they will. I reserve the right to change my mind but at this point I think Elvis will be flying at the start of training camp this year.
Yeah, after watching that shitshow in the UK against the Skanks, i'm done with these guys for this season. They can't hold a lead to save their ass and their bats fall silent at the worst time. I don't see any playoffs for this group this season.

Time to go fishing.

Rephrased: “PF09 was right about the bullpen!”

Just teasin’ bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tenor.gif

This team is a complete disaster. Get ready to sell. We aren’t one or two players off from being a championship team. DD at some point has to realize this. About to lose back to back series to the low Jays. We have zero and I mean zero chance at competing with the yanks this year. Also Sale has been brutal this year. Heart breaking year after such a glorious year last year.

Colts season can’t come fast enough.

On that note Chavis just hit a monster homerun and we take the lead 7-6. I’ll shut up now.

I have an agreement worked out with the Sox-

get to 10 games over, make a couple moves that look like you're trying. Otherwise, Elvis flies the first day of training camp.

I’ll be at the game tonight. It’ll be interesting to see how Sale does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well, as long as he can go 6, and get this puppy to the bullpen....

Cheers

with 14 of their next 21 games against the Rays and the Yankees we should be able to put a fork in this season by the time training camp starts. I like the Cashner trade but I really feel like it's too little too late.

Is it even worth hoping that they get a wild card berth because I don't see them winning a 1 game playoff with this bullpen.

On to last nights game, Sox have 3 chances to win the game with their best opportunity having a man home on 2nd with nobody out. Bad base running killed that inning and the game.

It all comes down to the next couple of weeks. Sox need to go on a rampage. I just don't see the magic happening this year. Pitching is just as good as it needs to be and the timely hits are not coming. Still hanging on to some hope, but the next 3 weeks will tell the story.

It all comes down to the next couple of weeks. Sox need to go on a rampage. I just don't see the magic happening this year. Pitching is just as good as it needs to be and the timely hits are not coming. Still hanging on to some hope, but the next 3 weeks will tell the story.

there will be no rampage.

I was in philosophical agreement with the Sox by not re-signing Kimbrel. All signs pointed to a decline, and you'd be paying him more for his past resume than for future performance (i.e., we'd be bitching about Kimbrel either way).

But they should never had re-signed Eovaldi or Pearce. They are not in a position to add payroll and have $23+ million tied up in two flash-in-the-pan players.

They made this Cashner trade with Baltimore hoping it works out like the Eovaldi trade did last year but let's face it, there are other problems.

Porcello is back to being sinkerball trash and Chris Sale is puzzling. Without at least one of those 2, you may as well pack it in. I'd be surprised if Sale doesn't make 2 more start in July and get shut down for the rest of 2019 if he is ineffective.

If you like baseball, ride it out to see baseball. If you're indifferent, it's already football season.

I was in philosophical agreement with the Sox by not re-signing Kimbrel. All signs pointed to a decline, and you'd be paying him more for his past resume than for future performance (i.e., we'd be bitching about Kimbrel either way).

But they should never had re-signed Eovaldi or Pearce. They are not in a position to add payroll and have $23+ million tied up in two flash-in-the-pan players.

They made this Cashner trade with Baltimore hoping it works out like the Eovaldi trade did last year but let's face it, there are other problems.

Porcello is back to being sinkerball trash and Chris Sale is puzzling. Without at least one of those 2, you may as well pack it in. I'd be surprised if Sale doesn't make 2 more start in July and get shut down for the rest of 2019 if he is ineffective.

If you like baseball, ride it out to see baseball. If you're indifferent, it's already football season.

I can live with it this year...Nats are going to win it all anyway.

3 wins in the first 4 games of this death march...

<iframe width="1271" height="715" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/S-IkWpm7TS0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3 wins in the first 4 games of this death march...

<iframe width="1271" height="715" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/S-IkWpm7TS0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Against the best in the division.

If, in fact, the Sox have the easier schedule then it might just get real interesting.

Back