Sox Planet - come join us for some sexy sox talk

Demoralizing loss for them for sure but I'd need to see a little more consistency out of this team before I start thinking that way.

I'm always thinking that way (both for the Yankees to collapse and for the Sox to surge), but I am not well in the head.

1978 level collapse is about to begin in the Bronx.

and I love it!!

the Yankee rotation is a dumpster fire. They're built like the Yankee teams from '05-'08, all offense, Their bullpen will burn out down the stretch. The so-called "experts" can say this is the way the game is played now, but all you have to do is look at the last 2 world champions in the so-called age of bullpens and home runs to see that winning baseball will always look the same.

Your optimism is adorable :tmack:

Demoralizing loss for them for sure but I'd need to see a little more consistency out of this team before I start thinking that way.

I'm always thinking that way (both for the Yankees to collapse and for the Sox to surge), but I am not well in the head.

the Yankee rotation is a dumpster fire. They're built like the Yankee teams from '05-'08, all offense, Their bullpen will burn out down the stretch. The so-called "experts" can say this is the way the game is played now, but all you have to do is look at the last 2 world champions in the so-called age of bullpens and home runs to see that winning baseball will always look the same.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SJUhlRoBL8M" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Would be nice to see some of you folks over at the uproar forum. The game day theads have been fun the last couple days. Of course laying the smack down to the Yanks helps!

Also make Workman the closer. He’s really coming along in that role.

The question at this point is simple- do the Sox have a 2 month stretch of about .700 ball in them? They’re starting to show me they might. A win tonight to complete the sweep, a series win against the Rays and a split in the Bronx next week should would give them a 10-4 record over what loked like a death march, firm control of 2nd place and about a 6-8 deficit. But, let’s focus on the task immediately
at hand- catching the Indians. If the WC is the path in you want that game at home.

The question at this point is simple- do the Sox have a 2 month stretch of about .700 ball in them? They’re starting to show me they might. A win tonight to complete the sweep, a series win against the Rays and a split in the Bronx next week should would give them a 10-4 record over what loked like a death march, firm control of 2nd place and about a 6-8 deficit. But, let’s focus on the task immediately
at hand- catching the Indians. If the WC is the path in you want that game at home.

They have a big 3 game series @Cleveland in a couple of weeks. It will go a long way in determining the WC positions.

They have a big 3 game series @Cleveland in a couple of weeks. It will go a long way in determining the WC positions.

They got the Yanks again next weekend too. The trade deadline is this week and I'd wager both teams might look different by then.

Chris Sale-

<iframe width="1271" height="715" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lUR0UrLMgfE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sale has been shit..... No other way to say this or be nice about it. His command last night was WAY OFF. His fastball actually wasn't too bad but man his slider was ugly. What's up with him? I honestly don't know whether it's injury or rusty from the injury but whatever it is he sucks. He had a couple good starts against the Jays and Rays and then right back to this years Chris Sale last night.... He is a big reason why we lost. The offense put up 6 runs and that should be enough to win any game with your Ace pitching. Sale will get another chance at the Yanks this week to redeem himself. I hope he doesn't screw it up. His numbers against the Yanks the last couple years are ugly to say the least.

With that said we still went 5-2 against the The Rays and Yanks so you can't be too disappointed with that. But with Oakland red hot and doing their typical second half winning we can't take our foot off the gas. That slow start really killed us and we just can't afford to lose many games now. Oakland sure as hell won't.

not pushing anyone to the other site but the game threads have been pretty enjoyable reads and the people there are pretty much fun posters... give it a try tomorrow night if you can.

not pushing anyone to the other site but the game threads have been pretty enjoyable reads and the people there are pretty much fun posters... give it a try tomorrow night if you can.

I thought the site wasn't working? Link?

I'm sure it's great. If I could get through more than an inning, I might join in. But I've only watched about 1 game worth the entire season. I can't get interested until the playoffs get closer.

I'm sure it's great. If I could get through more than an inning, I might join in. But I've only watched about 1 game worth the entire season. I can't get interested until the playoffs get closer.
I find myself in the same boat at times, I just can't watch, or listen when camping, but the game thread will keep it fun watching the twist and turns they take as comments get made. The game thread helps the game.

Back