Steelers/Bungles Brawl As Game Ends

It depends. If a Steeler started it, there will certainly be fines and possibly a suspension. If a Bengal started it, there will be nothing. Maybe a little fine. The league has lost all credibility IMO. I can understand the argument of "well Ben is harder to bring down than most QBs, so defensive players are given a little more leeway and the refs aren't as quick with the whistle/flag as with other QBs." But it's clear now there is one set of rules for other QBs, and another set of rules for Ben (and apparently Vick has complained about this as well. :shrug: ) There were at least 2 roughing the passer penalties by the Bengals on every Steelers drive and not a single one was called. Ben was hit late (according to the definition of "late" that the NFL has set with their penalties/fines against Steelers defenders) almost every time he dropped back to pass. He got hit in the head and got grabbed by the facemask, no call. If it was 99% of other QBs in the league, or if it was a Steelers defender making the hits, there would have been at least 3 roughing the passer calls in this game. Instead, there wasn't a single one. It's a joke.

It depends. If a Steeler started it, there will certainly be fines and possibly a suspension. If a Bengal started it, there will be nothing. Maybe a little fine. The league has lost all credibility IMO. I can understand the argument of "well Ben is harder to bring down than most QBs, so defensive players are given a little more leeway and the refs aren't as quick with the whistle/flag as with other QBs." But it's clear now there is one set of rules for other QBs, and another set of rules for Ben (and apparently Vick has complained about this as well. :shrug: ) There were at least 2 roughing the passer penalties by the Bengals on every Steelers drive and not a single one was called. Ben was hit late (according to the definition of "late" that the NFL has set with their penalties/fines against Steelers defenders) almost every time he dropped back to pass. He got hit in the head and got grabbed by the facemask, no call. If it was 99% of other QBs in the league, or if it was a Steelers defender making the hits, there would have been at least 3 roughing the passer calls in this game. Instead, there wasn't a single one. It's a joke.

and yet you keep watching each weekROFL

I actually somewhat agree with SF here. It does seem like the refs/NFL are singling out the Steelers in a way, and are not calling it consistant at all.

I'm not complaining though...I'm just saying....

No good videos out there yet.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vNOJPAFKot0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Dude, get a new box of Kleenex.

Seriously. STFU. Maybe if the Squeelers knew the rules...

I hope the NFL is out to get the Steelers.:shrug:

Vick complained about not getting calls?
ROFL
Guess he doesn't remember his career with Atl. where if you breathed on him, the yellow came out.

I actually agree with SF87 somewhat on non calls on hits against tRapist, he was getting smacked hard and well after some plays were over.

Young Clank'n'Stein doesn't realize who's REALLY behind himself being banged on the gridiron like a drunken helpless coed in a dingy women's restroom stall while paid private off-duty officers of the law are guarding the door

p08.jpg

NFL Commissioneress Goodell does not like seeing Bad Ben go unpunished :terrible:

Young Clank'n'Stein doesn't realize who's REALLY behind himself being banged on the gridiron like a drunken helpless coed in a dingy women's restroom stall while paid private off-duty officers of the law are guarding the door

p08.jpg

NFL Commissioneress Goodell does not like seeing Bad Ben go unpunished :terrible:

Who knew she was so sensitive.... ?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nLkQeuU1LmM?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nLkQeuU1LmM?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Back