Stephen A. Smith says Newton will be Villainized if he beats Peyton*

Lol, here comes the #racism nonsense.

If Cam is villainized, it's because of his personallity. Period.

Idgaf if he dabs all night. As long as he dabs when he wins so I can turn it off and laugh my ass off

Right now, Cam Newton is standing on a pedestal higher than any that Peyton Manning has ever stood on. The media is and will continue to tout him far more than the swan song that is Peyton Manning. The media wants Cam Newton to win. They wouldn't hate it if Peyton Manning won, but they are rooting for Cam Newton.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

It would be better for the league overall to have Cam win and be the face of the next generation. Manning is on his way out anyways and Denver is going to go back to middle of the pack after Brock signs with Houston so better to see Carolina win and be the team to beat in 2016.

Just when you thought you couldn't despise Seattle fans anymore...

After they launched a petition earlier in season to ban Joe Buck and Aikman from calling Seahawk games, they have now launched a petition to ban Cam Newton from Century Link Field ROFL ROFL

"Cam Newton is one of the most unprofessional, unsportsmanlike individual on the face of the planet. So I say for the 2016-2017 when the Panthers come to play in Seattle he should be banned from entering the stadium," Andrew writes in the petition. 'This should teach him to put his arrogance in check!!" In his letter to the Seahawks, he adds, "He dislikes Washington as a whole anyways, so why not move to make this possible."

http://uk.complex.com/sports/2016/0...mplexmag&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Go Cam Go.

Newton is the guy who finally "changed the game", the "make your own" video game star come to life.

There is a long line of guys who were going to be the game changer.

First there was Cordell Stewart (remember him)

Then Micheal Vick (close to the changer but couldn't stay healthy)

Then RG III, who was Vick revisited

Vince Young is in there too, but he just sucked.

Tebow could even get a mention, just because it's really not a black thing it's about the spread option QB making it work in the NFL.

The lesson is that the combination of athletic ability, size, ability to read defenses and actually throw the football is very rare.

Newton may be a little too modern in his attitude for a lot of old farts like me, but he's damn good, and for anyone under 30 or so he's a new age hero.

---------- Post added at 08:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

Just when you thought you couldn't despise Seattle fans anymore...

After they launched a petition earlier in season to ban Joe Buck and Aikman from calling Seahawk games, they have now launched a petition to ban Cam Newton from Century Link Field ROFL ROFL

http://uk.complex.com/sports/2016/0...mplexmag&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Seattle fans are pathetic.

I was out there last year pre superbowl and I asked someone why they had Tom Brady's number all over the city. It pissed them off to no end.

Posers with no sense of humor.

I'm not a fan of Cam, but given that he's playing Denver, and the fact that he's on a rent-to-own plan in Seattle fan's heads, makes him grow on me a bit, so, go, Cam. :coffee:
ALL OF THIS!!!

I am not a fan of the dancing, it is a delay of game penalty to be honest and IF that is called in the SB you know the NFL is corrupt.

but I want him to win this game, I want to force Denver into a decision on Peyton. Os or draft a QB for the future.

I think Johnnie Manzel need to go to Denver, close to Vegas and the weed is legal.

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

That kid who beat Peyton in ping-pong is getting death threats :coffee:
Is he the same kid who told Cam he was coming for his job!!

this commercial is so cute... :barf:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SAd2wkTe-Uo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dab.

The only thing worse would be watching Peyton whip & nay-nay.

Where does this tripe end?

Could Brady reinvigorate the Macarena on all TD passes next year?

I DESPISE this individuality in all team sports.

Starting with the anthems. Anyone trying to put their own flavah on the song of the nation can send me your weight so I can cut the rope to length.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/broncos/story/1636242-manning-might-be-my-last-rodeo

Peyton Manning Hints At Retirement, Tells Bill Belichick "This Might Be My Last Rodeo"

JAKE MARSING
Yesterday at 9:45 PM

Following the Broncos AFC Championship win, Peyton Manning made it increasingly clear that Super Bowl 50 will be his final NFL game. MHH Analyst Jake Marsing reports.

After four consecutive AFC West titles, a record-breaking 2013 season, and two Super Bowl appearances in just four years, it would be an understatement to say that Peyton Manning, 39, has led the Denver Broncos through one of the most prosperous periods in franchise history.
However, this season has been an entirely different story for the future first ballot Hall of Famer. Statistically, 2015 was a nightmare for Manning. His 17 interceptions led the NFL until the final week of the regular season, despite the fact he only started nine games.

It has become increasingly clear that the five-time NFL MVP will be playing in his final football game when the Broncos suit up against the Carolina Panthers in Super Bowl 50 February 7th.

As orange and blue confetti rained down on Sports Authority field following Sunday’s 20-18 victory over the New England Patriots, microphones picked up Manning’s conversation with Patriots head coach Bill Belichick. “Hey, listen; this might be my last rodeo,” Manning said. “So, it sure has been a pleasure.” This clip aired on NFL Total Access Monday night.

While Manning certainly did not intend for his conversation with Belichick to be overheard, it provides fans their first real insight into how he views this season, and his impending fourth trip to the Super Bowl.

Manning has been consistently coy on the subject of retirement throughout his four years with the Broncos. Rarely has he gone beyond clichés when discussing his football mortality. In fact, his conversation with Belichick may be the first time he has actually used the words “my” and “last” consecutively since coming to Denver.

Yet, that conversation, and several of his actions following the victory seem to show clear indications that suggest “The Sherriff” plans to hang up his lasso after the final whistle sounds in Santa Clara two weeks from now.
Manning has never been one to reflect on his career. Yet, when handed the microphone during the trophy presentation by CBS’ Jim Nantz, the ever stoic quarterback began by doing exactly that.

“It’s been a special four years, playing here in Denver for these great fans and this great organization,” Manning said. “To be going to our second Super Bowl in four years is very special.”

Taking a moment to thank the Broncos and Broncos fans was a rare and public sentimental moment for a man who has spent the last eighteen years being hailed as a ruthless competitor.

However, once the cameras were gone and the lights were dim at Sports Authority Field at Mile High about two hours following the game, Manning seemed to enjoy one more sentimental moment. This one was just for him.
As grounds crews picked up the scraps of orange and blue paper that signified yet another milestone in his remarkable career, Peyton Manning was seen walking out onto the field with his family.

He paused for a moment to look around the building where he played in his first game after battling back from four neck surgeries, set the NFL’s all-time passing touchdown and yardage records, and won two AFC Championships.
Manning, holding his four-year-old son’s hand, soaked in his surroundings, picked up a handful of confetti, and walked out of the building for likely the final time as the quarterback of the Denver Broncos.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/broncos/story/1636242-manning-might-be-my-last-rodeo

Peyton Manning Hints At Retirement, Tells Bill Belichick "This Might Be My Last Rodeo"

JAKE MARSING
Yesterday at 9:45 PM

Following the Broncos AFC Championship win, Peyton Manning made it increasingly clear that Super Bowl 50 will be his final NFL game. MHH Analyst Jake Marsing reports.

After four consecutive AFC West titles, a record-breaking 2013 season, and two Super Bowl appearances in just four years, it would be an understatement to say that Peyton Manning, 39, has led the Denver Broncos through one of the most prosperous periods in franchise history.
However, this season has been an entirely different story for the future first ballot Hall of Famer. Statistically, 2015 was a nightmare for Manning. His 17 interceptions led the NFL until the final week of the regular season, despite the fact he only started nine games.

It has become increasingly clear that the five-time NFL MVP will be playing in his final football game when the Broncos suit up against the Carolina Panthers in Super Bowl 50 February 7th.

As orange and blue confetti rained down on Sports Authority field following Sunday’s 20-18 victory over the New England Patriots, microphones picked up Manning’s conversation with Patriots head coach Bill Belichick. “Hey, listen; this might be my last rodeo,” Manning said. “So, it sure has been a pleasure.” This clip aired on NFL Total Access Monday night.

While Manning certainly did not intend for his conversation with Belichick to be overheard, it provides fans their first real insight into how he views this season, and his impending fourth trip to the Super Bowl.

Manning has been consistently coy on the subject of retirement throughout his four years with the Broncos. Rarely has he gone beyond clichés when discussing his football mortality. In fact, his conversation with Belichick may be the first time he has actually used the words “my” and “last” consecutively since coming to Denver.

Yet, that conversation, and several of his actions following the victory seem to show clear indications that suggest “The Sherriff” plans to hang up his lasso after the final whistle sounds in Santa Clara two weeks from now.
Manning has never been one to reflect on his career. Yet, when handed the microphone during the trophy presentation by CBS’ Jim Nantz, the ever stoic quarterback began by doing exactly that.

“It’s been a special four years, playing here in Denver for these great fans and this great organization,” Manning said. “To be going to our second Super Bowl in four years is very special.”

Taking a moment to thank the Broncos and Broncos fans was a rare and public sentimental moment for a man who has spent the last eighteen years being hailed as a ruthless competitor.

However, once the cameras were gone and the lights were dim at Sports Authority Field at Mile High about two hours following the game, Manning seemed to enjoy one more sentimental moment. This one was just for him.
As grounds crews picked up the scraps of orange and blue paper that signified yet another milestone in his remarkable career, Peyton Manning was seen walking out onto the field with his family.

He paused for a moment to look around the building where he played in his first game after battling back from four neck surgeries, set the NFL’s all-time passing touchdown and yardage records, and won two AFC Championships.
Manning, holding his four-year-old son’s hand, soaked in his surroundings, picked up a handful of confetti, and walked out of the building for likely the final time as the quarterback of the Denver Broncos.

Hallelujah! Just one more game of listening to the ManninHGH ball washers and it will finally end. Never have I ever wanted any player to retire more this choker that everyone on the planet makes excuses for every time he wets his pants. Let's hope Cam stomps him on his way out.

ALL OF THIS!!!

I am not a fan of the dancing, it is a delay of game penalty to be honest and IF that is called in the SB you know the NFL is corrupt.

but I want him to win this game, I want to force Denver into a decision on Peyton. Os or draft a QB for the future.

You are going to get your wish. Carolina is going to crush Denver and Cam Newton is going to handle the bright lights the best way he knows how--- by wallowing in the moment like a pig in slop.

The sad part about that is that that dancing, preening and braying like a jackass is only going to make him tons of money and way more popular than he is even now.

I don't care for all the self-promotion stuff he does, but, honestly, he's smart enough to know that loud superstars get way bigger in this society than quiet ones who just do their job well. He's a new age superstar for better or worse.

It's going to be interesting to see what exactly he does. I'm sure he will have a plan going in to unveil a new Super Bowl Coronation signature move.

You are going to get your wish. Carolina is going to crush Denver and Cam Newton is going to handle the bright lights the best way he knows how--- by wallowing in the moment like a pig in slop.

The sad part about that is that that dancing, preening and braying like a jackass is only going to make him tons of money and way more popular than he is even now.

I don't care for all the self-promotion stuff he does, but, honestly, he's smart enough to know that loud superstars get way bigger in this society than quiet ones who just do their job well. He's a new age superstar for better or worse.

It's going to be interesting to see what exactly he does. I'm sure he will have a plan going in to unveil a new Super Bowl Coronation signature move.

and the next generation of QB's will be try to copy, then one up, his act and THAT will be the demise of the NFL into the NEL National Entertainment League - similar to the Wrestling name change.

Denver is done with Peyton* regardless if he loses the SB. There is no way Elway brings him back at $19 mil with his pea shooter arm and injuries given he is not juicing anymore.

In terms of Brock, Denver really screwed with that kid by benching him in that Chargers game. He was pissed on the sideline and rightfully so. Perhaps Elway can smooth things over but Brock is a FA at season's end so have to think he tests the waters. Some team like the Texans or even the Jets will offer a lot for him.

Week 20 DVOA Ratings

In the NFC Championship Game, Carolina puts up the biggest single-game DVOA of the year and one of the 10 best in DVOA history. The Panthers now go into Super Bowl 50 as clear favorites.

Stephen A. was simply sending a message to the Newton haters & the Manning apologists. He hit 2 birds with 1 stone imo. :coffee:

Denver is done with Peyton* regardless if he loses the SB. There is no way Elway brings him back at $19 mil with his pea shooter arm and injuries given he is not juicing anymore.

In terms of Brock, Denver really screwed with that kid by benching him in that Chargers game. He was pissed on the sideline and rightfully so. Perhaps Elway can smooth things over but Brock is a FA at season's end so have to think he tests the waters. Some team like the Texans or even the Jets will offer a lot for him.

Could not agree more with this. And if Peyton does start going down hill fast in the SB, Kubiak is going to be really sorry. I can honestly say that I think Den would have beaten us WORSE, if Brock was playing.

Back