Still want that 4th Round Pick back?

I liked the trade. Branch and Brady picked up where they left off. One of My biggest concerns was can Branch stay healthy. He had a bad string of injuries in Seattle.

I already posted my thoughts. I still think we overpaid. And I still think you did not hug me enough.:grovel:

It a 4th Round Pick. BB I'm sure BB would have used it as Trade Bait. I take a proving player over a 4th round rookie any day.

I liked the trade. Branch and Brady picked up where they left off. One of My biggest concerns was can Branch stay healthy. He had a bad string of injuries in Seattle.

This is true.

I was originally skeptical, only because Branch had been nothing special since he left. Sometimes a guy can just not fit a system and then flourish where he is more comfortable (NE), which appears it could be the case. Of course, before yesterday there was no way of knowing what we were getting, so skepticism wasn't uncalled for.

Who knows if he can be as good as he was before leaving, but he definitely looked better/more comfortable than he ever was in Seattle. Branch / Welker / Tate + TEs = a very nice, well-rounded receiving group. Branch also made numerous plays/catches that were never part of Randy's game. I'm happy the trade is working out right now, but let's hope it continues.

It a 4th Round Pick. BB I'm sure BB would have used it as Trade Bait. I take a proving player over a 4th round rookie any day.

He's a proven player with three knee surgeries in two years.

Will I be happy if he continues to play like this? Of course. I was ecstatic yesterday. But business is business and business has to take into account contigencies like busted knees.

You can't have it both ways. If they catch up to what he's doing, then more converage is thrown his way, thus more players are open. If they don't, then he burns them again like he did yesterday
What two ways about it? It's not like Branch killed Baltimore until NE went to the no-huddle. In regulation Branch had 7 rec averaging 9.3 YPC. Death of a thousand paper cuts perhaps, but Welker is known to do it better - except this season Welker is wearing a knee brace and is averaging 2 YPC less then usual (and this goes back to his last year in Miami where he averaged over 10 YPC).

Branch was barely averaging one foot per catch more than his Seattle average this season up until overtime. What NE has with Branch and Welker are two guys with pretty similar skill sets playing on bum wheels. We'll see if Wes gets his mojo back next season, but I think Deion's giving us his best right now. It is what it is, we'll just have to watch and see how it shakes out.

He's a proven player with three knee surgeries in two years.

Will I be happy if he continues to play like this? Of course. I was ecstatic yesterday. But business is business and business has to take into account contigencies like busted knees.

Businees also has to take into account the number of 4th rounders who aren't even gonna make the roster or if they do will they be inactive or active and contributing to a win.

What two ways about it? It's not like Branch killed Baltimore until NE went to the no-huddle. In regulation Branch had 7 rec averaging 9.3 YPC. Death of a thousand paper cuts perhaps, but Welker is known to do it better - except this season Welker is wearing a knee brace and is averaging 2 YPC less then usual (and this goes back to his last year in Miami where he averaged over 10 YPC).

Branch was barely averaging one foot per catch more than his Seattle average this season up until overtime. What NE has with Branch and Welker are two guys with pretty similar skill sets playing on bum wheels. We'll see if Wes gets his mojo back next season, but I think Deion's giving us his best right now. It is what it is, we'll just have to watch and see how it shakes out.

It's alot like the Maroney situation IMO. What do your eyes tell ya vs. the numbers?

My eyes tell me Branch is right back where he belongs. A perfect compliment to a divers WR corps.

And what more do you need to see than to start the 4th down 10 and see one of the great TB led comebacks again?

Does it happen if Moss is here?

Personally, I don't think so. He woulda folded up shop alot earlier.

To the naysayers:

Would anyone have objected to a Branch for Ohrnberger trade?
Heck yeh, put down the crack pipe. :thwak:

Because chances are far more likely of hitting on a backup O-lineman than grabbing another Hernandez in Round 4.

And don't throw a Ghost or Zoltan reference out there. Yeah, we did score them at or around there, which is where you will get those guys at their positions IF YOU NEED THEM. Those holes are filled here for the forseeable.
Don't dictate terms crack addict, NE's record in the fourth is much, much better then you seem willing to admit.

I'll take the guy that's gonna come in and play meaningful snaps with the 1st unit and contribute to wins immediately 6 days a week and especially on Sunday, thank you.

Welcome back Deion.
Meh. Danny Woodhead says your big back theory is spot on too. :poke: Let's see the Twig keep it together for the rest of the season.

Heck yeh, put down the crack pipe. :thwak:

Don't dictate terms crack addict, NE's record in the fourth is much, much better then you seem willing to admit.

Meh. Danny Woodhead says your big back theory is spot on too. :poke: Let's see the Twig keep it together for the rest of the season.

I'm a HUGE Woodhead fan.

But that doesn't mean we couldn't have a banger in the backfield too. It'd be a good compliment IMO.

Owen in the 5th please.

And as far as Ohrnberger, when will he actually contribute? Because Branch played a LARGE role in 1 win already and counting. I expect alot more as well.

It's alot like the Maroney situation IMO. What do your eyes tell ya vs. the numbers?

My eyes tell me Branch is right back where he belongs. A perfect compliment to a divers WR corps.

And what more do you need to see than to start the 4th down 10 and see one of the great TB led comebacks again?

Does it happen if Moss is here?

Personally, I don't think so. He woulda folded up shop alot earlier.
My eyes tell me the same thing the numbers do, Branch got open and made enough yards to move the chains. Danny Woodhead was the engine driving the comeback, that and a scrappy defense.

My eyes tell me the same thing the numbers do, Branch got open and made enough yards to move the chains. Danny Woodhead was the engine driving the comeback, that and a scrappy defense.

Woodhead was awesome.

But you're selling Branch far too short IMO.

I'm a HUGE Woodhead fan.

But that doesn't mean we couldn't have a banger in the backfield too. It'd be a good compliment IMO.

Owen in the 5th please.

And as far as Ohrnberger, when will he actually contribute? Because Branch played a LARGE role in 1 win already and counting. I expect alot more as well.
Branch should have, he's no longer a developmental player. And "large" role may be a stretch, he did his job - good on him.

Back