SUPER Wildcard Weekend Game Patriots @ Bills Gamete Thread - Saturday 8:15 PM

I'm not sure what you don't understand about not all stats being created equal.

How do you suggest individual player performance should be measured?
I gave you performance stats and you give me your opinion.
I think I'll go with the performance stats over your opinion.
Obviously we disagree and that's ok.

Most you on here have downgraded the Bills. That's what I'm referring to. Not that you think the Pats will win
The Bills were better last year than this year. The Patriots are already climbing with the GOAT coach and a QB for the future. It isn't us down grading the Bills. It is just what is going on in the AFC East.

Congrats on the 2 division flags. Congrats if you win tonight. The end is near.

I’m certainly hoping for a Pats victory today but not expecting it. If the lose I’m on to the Bruins and will be pulling for a Tenn/Dallas SB but I’d also be ok with Green Bay too.

Both of these teams, the Pats and the Bills, were profitable this season, with Buffalo slightly more so at 9-6-2 ATS (60% cover) than New England’s 10-7 ATS mark (59%). However, no team had a higher margin of victory above the spread than the Patriots who were +6.2 in that category (Buffalo was tied for fourth at +3.2). The Bills were slightly profitable at home (4-3-2 ATS) but their average margin to the spread was -1.5 at Highmark Stadium. They were the only team in the NFL with a winning home ATS record and a negative spread differential. Conversely, the Patriots were 5-3 ATS on the road this season with a +3.8 average spread margin. And going back to the Belichick factor, during his Patriots’ tenure, he is 30-14 ATS (68% cover) avenging an upset loss against an opponent (Patriots were favored by one when Buffalo beat them in Week 16), and the Patriots have outscored those opponents by an average of 10.1 points per game.

Josh Allen explains what the Bills need to do to beat the Patriots​

“Ball security is the number one priority going into this game,” Allen said in his press conference, as quoted by Clutchpoints. “Trying to end every drive with a kick. Playing a team three times in the season, we know each other extremely well. They know us, we know them, so it’s whoever can adjust quicker.

“Whoever can show a different look than we saw maybe the first go-around or the second go-around and throw a different wrinkle in again. That’s why coach Belichick is one of the, if not the, greatest coach of all time, just his ability to switch things up for a quarterback and make you see two different things.”

Bill Belichick is full of praise for Josh Allen​

Allen may have heaped a lot of praise on the Patriots coach but the respect is mutual. Bill Belichick, who had spoken incredibly well of Allen before their first meeting this season, says the Bills have one of the best players in the NFL.

“Josh is one of the best players in the league," he said, as quoted by USA Today's Bills Wire. "Dynamic player. The ball is in his hands a lot. He can do a lot of things with it, make all the throws at all levels of the field, obviously run with the ball, scramble, extend plays, and throw it. It’s always a challenge to play against him. He’s a tough guy to stop.”

I’m certainly hoping for a Pats victory today but not expecting it. If the lose I’m on to the Bruins and will be pulling for a Tenn/Dallas SB but I’d also be ok with Green Bay too.
Right there with you. Go Bruins!!

So, are we supposed to care what other teams fans think? Hint: we don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Whether you do or not, I was refuting @aloyouis dubious claim.

We're use to that.
No doubt. The way you guys have handled the rest of the NFL for two decades being the major factor.

Last edited:
Yeah, not so much. I would venture that most of the NFL is rooting for us to kick the shit out of you guys.

Add the 31 other owners who want the Pats to lose, too. They're the ones who pushed Goodell to make up reasons to punish the Pats unmercifully for Deflategate. It's the only way
they could get parity.

I hope someone measures the balls PSI tonight. I'll bet anything the pressures are deflated within minutes of being on the field. :coffee:

Back