Tedy Speaks

RoadGrader

Pervertas Emeritus
Reaction score
(the following transcript is courtesy of MoLewisrocks @patsfans)

Tedy was on WEEI with Dale and Holley
<hr style="color: rgb(209, 209, 225);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> He was just on for about 15 minutes with Dale and Holley. He's got an event coming up for the American Stroke Association. I'm sure it will be in the vault at some point and likely repeated in the 6 o'clock hour.

He was pretty forthcoming. They asked him if there was one play that stood out - it was the great escape and circus catch. Said we've made those plays many times in many games, just didn't that night. Said the team did not overlook or underestimate the Giants - a veteran team understands how come playoffs the season means nothing, it's all about facing another team who made it through the playoffs.

Said they were the two best teams in the league. Talked about the aftermath, riding the bus back to the hotel with the backers crew (who apparently adoped non-backer Welker as a new member), guys talking about contracts and will you be back. Said he went to the post game party because he had so many people there he just couldn't be rude, said it was bitter sweet but also good to see people and hear condolences and support.

Said this year he made his decision pretty quickly. Still has the fire and it's that simple. Says people keep asking him would he have retied if the won...nope. Contrary to some opinion here he thinks he is still playing at a high level, and the team must agree...

Asked him about Rosie, said he bumped into Rosie on his way into Gillette to work out two weeks ago, hadn't seen him since the Superbowl but could tell something was up by the look on his face. Rosie said they just cut me. Tedy said he will be missed in the locker room and on the field, but players never forget this is always part of the process.

Similar response to the reports Troy may be gone. Said he can't imagine not having #80 around and given the nature of the report and how things can happen (injuries and otherwise) he isn't ready to take the report as gospel. Said he will probably call Troy and see how he's doing. They asked him about Junior, he said Junior will ALWAYS have the fire but he has no idea if he will be back - he hopes so.

WEEI is auctioning off 5 of Tedy's books today autographed by Tedy and Michael to benefit the Association. Bids are up to $150 at this point. Number to bid is 617-931-1850 if anyone is interested in bidding.

<hr style="color: rgb(209, 209, 225);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> He was just on for about 15 minutes with Dale and Holley. He's got an event coming up for the American Stroke Association. I'm sure it will be in the vault at some point and likely repeated in the 6 o'clock hour.

He was pretty forthcoming. They asked him if there was one play that stood out - it was the great escape and circus catch. Said we've made those plays many times in many games, just didn't that night. Said the team did not overlook or underestimate the Giants - a veteran team understands how come playoffs the season means nothing, it's all about facing another team who made it through the playoffs.

Said they were the two best teams in the league. Talked about the aftermath, riding the bus back to the hotel with the backers crew (who apparently adoped non-backer Welker as a new member), guys talking about contracts and will you be back. Said he went to the post game party because he had so many people there he just couldn't be rude, said it was bitter sweet but also good to see people and hear condolences and support.

Said this year he made his decision pretty quickly. Still has the fire and it's that simple. Says people keep asking him would he have retied if the won...nope. Contrary to some opinion here he thinks he is still playing at a high level, and the team must agree...

Asked him about Rosie, said he bumped into Rosie on his way into Gillette to work out two weeks ago, hadn't seen him since the Superbowl but could tell something was up by the look on his face. Rosie said they just cut me. Tedy said he will be missed in the locker room and on the field, but players never forget this is always part of the process.

Similar response to the reports Troy may be gone. Said he can't imagine not having #80 around and given the nature of the report and how things can happen (injuries and otherwise) he isn't ready to take the report as gospel. Said he will probably call Troy and see how he's doing. They asked him about Junior, he said Junior will ALWAYS have the fire but he has no idea if he will be back - he hopes so.

WEEI is auctioning off 5 of Tedy's books today autographed by Tedy and Michael to benefit the Association. Bids are up to $150 at this point. Number to bid is 617-931-1850 if anyone is interested in bidding.

I heard most of that today. The EEI signal was faint and with static today so I did have a hard time catching every thing. It did sound as if there was no doubt in Tedy's mind, after the SB, about his coming back this year.

Bruschi had a great playoffs. From what I saw, he's probably got another good year or two left, BUT....

....he's got to get spelled more often. They need to implement a 6-player rotation to start the season, versus the 5-player rotation they used last year IMO. I still think we haven't seen the last of the Patriots' moves at LB this offseason in free agency.

Thanks RG!
We have at least one more season with the heart and soul of this team intact!

I heard most of that today. The EEI signal was faint and with static today so I did have a hard time catching every thing. It did sound as if there was no doubt in Tedy's mind, after the SB, about his coming back this year.
Eavesdropping equipment was probably interfering with the signal.

Thanks RG. Those of us outside of ear shot of WEEI love getting these kind of updates.

The Rosey thing is weird. Why not try to pre-wire his return at a lower rate?

Thanks RG. Those of us outside of ear shot of WEEI love getting these kind of updates.

Maybe the training staff knows something we don't?

Maybe the training staff knows something we don't?

No doubt.

I don't question cutting him.

I do wonder about not having some discussion with him about possibly coming back when he gets healthy. That seems odd to me.

Thanks, RG. I am missing EEI while I'm in Florida. I'm even having a little trouble streaming it on the computer when I try.

After reading that post I put up yesterday in the Rosie thread, I think Rosie has more problems than just his foot injury - and apparently the organization thinks his hip is a major problem.

I'm glad Tedy is coming back because he still feels the burn and not because he thinks he might be able to help out here and there. I think you play as young as you feel, and Junior is a perfect example. Which is also why I think Troy should be given another opportunity, and I can't believe that Myra would allow this team to not sign him for another year if that's what he wants to do. She loves him as much as the rest of us do.

Thanks for the update.

(btw, it's 75 degrees and sunny, the ocean is warm, and I'm having a great time, in case you were wondering.)

have you tried listening to WEII online, I am out of range as well and this is what I use.

have you tried listening to WEII online, I am out of range as well and this is what I use.

SHe said she has trouble with the streaming..but yeah I listen in Tucson online.

SOme others in Chat have said they can't get the stream well either. Might be their ISP?

Thanks for the update.

(btw, it's 75 degrees and sunny, the ocean is warm, and I'm having a great time, in case you were wondering.)
you are welcome and please keep working on those tan-lines we want to see when you wear your sleeveless mini-sundress for the Draft Party

LVent will be wearing his as well

you are welcome and please keep working on those tan-lines we want to see when you wear your sleeveless mini-sundress for the Draft Party

LVent will be wearing his as well

I'm looking forward to seeing that!

Is it still gonna be at the soon-to-be strip bar?

I'm looking forward to seeing that!

Is it still gonna be at the soon-to-be strip bar?
if you wear this little number mini sun dress it may be

funkyboutique_1989_13661912

I can't believe what women's (and LVent's) fashion dares to call "dresses" these days :shake:

Back