Thanks for a great 2006, the shocking end is here. Chargers Karma

Yup, it's true. It's all over. Things are so out of hand on Sunday, that Dan Fouts plays the entire 4th quarter. Kellen Winslow is on the phone, doubled over on the sidelines laughing hysterically, while on the phone with the booth upstairs, while yelling "somebody call the president, cuz we are killin' the Patriots!"

Powder Blues - 99
Pats - 0

Beer and football. Football and beer.

I don't think I am even going to watch the game, what is the point. My sock drawer is a mess, the cat box needs to be cleaned and my wife wants me to take her shopping.
Certainly those are better choices than sitting on my arse in front of the plasma tv I wasted money on for watching football.
Screw it... the Pats have no chance.

Will someone email me the score when it's over....

Some of you may have noticed that i have been conspicuously absent from any karma thread the last couple of weeks. After the Dolphins fiasco, i thought that karma was dead. This was far from the truth. If only i had figured out in time, if only i had known.

I awakened this morning, my head pounding. It had been weeks since karma had last visited me. I shook the last four Tylenol out of the bottle on my nightstand and swallowed them all at once, washing them down with the remnants of the previous nights tequlia. I knew it wouldnt help, but i swallowed the capsules anyway. My head had been throbbing for a week now, with no respite. Nothing i did helped. I unsteadily rose from my bed and half stumbled into the bathroom, watching a person that vaguely resembled me in the mirror. Long uncombed hair, unshaven face, haggard eyes. Not for the first time, i promised myself that today i would end the pain, one way or the other. Once i had been a prophet, an oracle of karma and fate, a god of sports related prognostication and a messenger of what would come to pass. Now, a shell of that person stared back at me from the mirror. The person in the mirror was a man that had once glimpsed into the future, had once been gifted and cursed with the sight of things to come. He had once reviled that gift, had wished it gone on too many occasions to count. And only now that that wish had finally been granted, did that person staring back at me with hollow eyes reveal the one final ultimate truth.One grand irony. Karma was gone. Karma was gone and it wasnt coming back. Hope was dead. Life as we know it was over. If karma had been present, that would imply that there was hope. Karma was gone. There was no hope. Life teetered on a precipice overlooking a bottomless chasm. The universe hung by a fraying thread over a fiery pit of doom. Once, i had been a prophet. People had looked to me for answers, and i had revealed karma's message to them. Those days were in the past. Now i was simply a man. But a man with the heaviest of burdens. I knew karma was dead. I knew hope was gone. And, i knew why. It was my fault. My hubris had killed karma.

I was the man who had doomed us all. God have mercy on my soul. After years of being karma's messenger, it had finally tired of my fragile mind misinterpreting its message and left me one last terrible gift: A Patriots date with the San Diego ChargersVauntedRunningGame. Karma had shown me a future that was as bleak as a career in lower middle management. A future that was almost assuredly going to happen, unless an unprecedented string of miracles occurred. My gift had once again brought me to the very brink of insanity, left me dangling there for what seemed an eternity, and then snatched me back just a heartbeat before i was entirely consumed. Like it or not, Karma had chosen me to deliver its message. Karma was not amused that i had so thoroughly misinterpreted its last message. And so that there was no miscommunication this time, Karma paid me none of the niceties it normally did, spared me none of the impact of the impartation of its proclamation. Karma unleashed it full fury upon me, and all at once my world was pure agony and anguish. When it was finally over, after an eternity contained in a single moment, after a fountain of information had been poured molten hot directly into my very soul, when all i could do was cower in a corner and breathe, i once again found myself with the foreknowlege of what would become of us all after this Sunday. And that information terrified me.

I looked in the mirror and knew the future was coming. Four days until the speeding locomotive that was the San Diego Tomlinsons arrives. The DoomedPatriots are a stalled car on the tracks, doors locked and windows sealed shut. The single light of the engine car is bearing down upon me. I try the ignition again and again, and the doors are stuck, windows wont roll down. Panic builds in my gut. The whistle blows hauntingly as everything slows down. The impact is incomprehensible.Chaos. Darkness. The wail of the whistle, the screech of metal on metal, of braking glass fade from my perception. Unconsciousness looms. I dream of devastation, of a world in ruin. A world ruled with fear and pain by a race of lighning bolt weilding horses.

Here are some facts:

In 1974, John Marty Schottenheimer Schmidt (his name is my name too!) began not so much a coaching career with the Portland Storm of the World Football League, as a long march toward this inevitable meeting with the DoomedPatriots on Sunday. Coaching with a single purpose, Schottenheimer has often befuddled the experts, but every decision that he has ever made has been just a piece in the patchwork quilt that will be his masterpiece: Beating the three time Super Bowl champions DoomedPatriots. Belichick a coaching genius??!?! Pffft! Belichick has never even conceived of intentionally taking all those unfathomable losses to inferior teams in the playoffs just to foster overconfidence in an opponent. That, sir, is diabolical.

Their QB played in 51 straight college football games. Won 5 Bowl MVP awards. Atlantic Coast Conference Athlete of the Year in 2004. Drafted in the first round with the fourth pick and traded for one of God's own handpicked chosen, Peytons little brother. Studied under this years NFL All Pro QB for 2 full seasons. He is a young upstart, just coming into his own. Our QB shared time with Drew Henson in college, and is only even in the NFL thanks to the patented Belichick System.

Ladanian Tomlinson is hands down the best running back ever. Our running backs are a rookie only drafted because the FO screwed up and thought that Joseph Addai had already been drafted, and an over the hill malcontent that has been nothing but a clubhouse cancer and a drain on the DoomedPatriots psyche since the day he set foor in Foxboro. And dont tell me that everyone says he has been a model citizen. I know better. They are all covering for him. This is the week it all comes home to roost. Mark my words.

Keenan McCardell. Eric Parker. Vincent "T.O. without the emotional baggage" Jackson. All bona fide NFL WRs. Hell their third stringer is Az Hakim, who if memory serves caught 823 passes for 4300 yards one year for the St Louis Rams. Troy Brown. Chad Jackson. Reche Caldwell. Jabar Gaffney. Kelvin Kight. Bam Childress. None of these guys could catch syphilis from a ten dollar Panamanian prostitute in the cinder block whorehouse just outside the gates of the base where their National Guard unit was stationed. Yeah...its a long story. Four of these guys will be working in the service industry by next August. The other two will be playing for the Washington Redskins.

Antonio Gates didnt play college football. He didnt need to. And it wouldnt have been fair. Think Shaq playing a summer rec league for pregnant teens in Witchita. I know the DoomedPatriots have their own resident "didnt play college football guy" in Steve Neal, but seriously, you dont think there is a comparison here do you? Gates led his college basketball team to the Elite 8. Neal spent his college years hugging and grappling other dudes.

Shawne Merriman didnt take steroids. Steroids took Shawne Merriman. And they got so potent that you dont even need to inject them anymore. Just say the word "steroids" three times real fast, and your own Shawne Merriman level will rise, until you too are super awesome.

Rodney Harrison knows the truth. He is in hiding, not even showing his face at practice.

Junior Seau knows the truth. You think if this wasnt the San Diego Unstoppables that he wouldnt be getting ready to play right now?

Richard Seymour knows the truth. Bold predictions, but nothing to back them up with.

Steven Gostkowski....OMFG.....a rookie kicker. I just cant even imagine him having to line up for a last second field goal on the road, in the playoffs, in the elements of San Diego, and kicking us to the promised land.

Too many injuries. Too many players and coaches gone. Too much winning. Too much complacency.

I woke up in my own bed, and stumbled into the bathroom.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror.

The dreams were now gone for good.

Karma had relinquished its hold on me. I was at once thankful and terrified. Karma still existed, but it had abandoned me.

My head pounded as it had never before. I was as blind to the future as everyone else now, except for this one simple fact:

We are doomed.

blowup

Four days. Spend them well.

We are doomed. Merriman sacked Brady 17 times to establish a playoff record... I might have to buy a merriman shirt with needle and everything...

Merriman - 35 (7 sack fumbles recovered for touchdowns and LT dont play so he can be rested for the AFCCG)

Patsies - 0 (only 2 first downs for 3 1/2 quarters)

We are DOOOOOMEEEDD

Chargers just have the Patriots number in the playoffs.

SD - 51
NE - 10

The clouds open and the chargers reveal themselves as The mighty thor and hit a hammer over the pathetic patsy. Rodney Harrison Tony Montana the chargers for this insult
Bolts- 56
unpatriotic-0

Marty has a tremendous record vs. Belichick teams. I sat through the most crappy, surprising beating that the Chargers handed the Pats last season. Yes, the Pats are a bit better than last year. The Chargers are much better than last year.

Tomlinson 21, Patriots 14

Chargers 38, Patriots 14

As Steve Belichek told his team, Navy, after scouting Washington, "All I can tell you boys, when they take the other end of the field, don't even look at 'em. They'll scare the s**t out of ya."

Pats have never beaten the Chargers in the Belichick-Schottenheimer era when Rodney Harrison isn't on the field for the Pats.
0-2 becomes 0-3

No karma can save us this week. Any scenario involving LTD single-handedly conquering our world can and probably will happen. It was a nice run, a way to get the fires stoked. At least now I know I won't have to keep up the ridiculous hope for a Patriots/Seahawks Super Bowl and I can get some when I go home to Tacoma at the end of this month.

I can't even fathom a score that would be helpful here...
LTandtheOtherGuys - 47
Pastries - 6

And so we come here, to the end of hope.

Merriman, Castillo, Gates, Rivers, Neal and the almighty one....Tomlinson.

These are the Titans, these are the names that will be burned in your soul as you sink into the 6th level of football hell.

The Gods have turned their backs on the Patriots of Foxboro, they have chosen a new favorite.

Lightning Bolts of Heaven 51
Pathetic Wretches of Hell 10

BB seriously underestimates the power of SD and Marty. Word will leak out on Saturday that BB is resting the starters for this game in preparation for the AFCCG, and starting the entire second string. Brady, Bruschi and Seymour intentionally miss the plane, just in case one of the second string goes down, and take a road trip to NY to watch the game with Mangini.

Whatever slim hope of winning this game is shattered and Patriots fans from near and far put on their Manning jerseys and root for the Colts.

It will be messy and it will be ugly. I'm warning you all. Do not even watch this game. There is no hope, The Kool Aid pitcher is empty and nothing is left.

SD -64
Pats -3 -
these three points are awarded to NE by the refs, who Kraft has payed off to prevent a shut out.

13 pro bowlers against 1.

Unless the chargers agree to let us play 12 men on each side of the ball versus their 11, we have little hope.

SuperCHARGERS: 13
Has Beens: 1

For the first time ever, an NFL team scores 1. San Diego finds a way to make it happen.

Karma tells me that for a fleeting moment, the Pats will have some hope in the game, when down 21-0 Phillip Rivers is injured. Unfortunately for the Pats, LT moves over to play QB and RB, throwing and running for 7 more TDs in the worst blowout in playoff history. That's right, the Chargers win it 70-0, leaving many Patriots fans thankful that they couldn't buy tickets to the game.

Marty's little band of Merriman destroy the GQ QT QB.

LT stars in a remake of a "River Runs Through it" as the Patriots slow him down as a RB but he catches 20 passes out of the backfield

San Diego Super Chargers 46
Ol' Boston Patriots 10

halftime show is bigger than Justin and Janet as it will be a song and dance team of BoltsownU rapping while his little lady dances

For once I don't have to think negative to know what will happen in this one.

We just don't have the talent to beat these guys. Team play is all well and good, but sheer talent will dominate average athletes who happen to be lucky flukes for 6 years running.

Their pass rush is going to knock Brady senseless. I see fumbles galore with Watson and Dillon losing one each. I see false starts and pass interference flags galore.

I see the Pats finally expire like a washed-up pilot whale, dead in the sand.

In tribute to the great Ballbustah:

Sons of Keith Lincoln 69
The Marquise "Over The" Hill gang 0

I'm not gonna even bother watching. I'm taking the wife to the mall to help her pick out her spring wardrobe.

The Great Chargers - 49
The Has-been Pats - 2

I am so scared that I can not even imagine what will happen. Seeking comfort, I called folks in Taiwan and the first thing they told me was the old building with patriotic slogans from the old Chiang Kai-shek era was struck by a lightning and burnt to the ground.

Bad omen. Really, really bad omen.

This is my first post ever on this website, but will be my last seeing as the Patriots will lose so bad to SD on Sunday, I will stop watching pro football all together and instead become a fan of the revolution.

SD 55

Pats 7

Back