The 2023 Playoffs

And no playoff wins since 2020 playoffs. The Glazers Are very upset and I hear Bowles is on the hot seat. They need to get some receivers and protection for the Goat/OC. It is a shame that they cannot get some players around TFB, he deserves sooo much more,
I very much doubt he is in Tampa next year. The rumors are that he will be in Vegas with McDaniels which I’m not sure that’s a great fit either. In terms of teams that have the real chance at winning I would think he’d be better off in Miami or San Francisco but I think San Fran at this point has to be happy with Purdy no matter what happens going forward in the playoffs. There is also a chance he goes wherever Sean Payton lands assuming there isn’t already an established quarterback there.

If you liked that, check out the intro from a year later!

View: https://youtu.be/_9UQlWZIC2E?t=132

My favorite opening was the trumpet fanfare, not the NFL theme, but the one I associated with early 90s CBS NFL coverage. They played a version of it in that video starting at about 3:50.

View: https://youtu.be/ki_0yENSAo4

I don't care about anything beyond the trumpets, and later versions were more synth-sounding. I successfully lobbied our HS band instructor to get the best of the brass section and a few drums to play this before games. To rave reviews.

I very much doubt he is in Tampa next year. The rumors are that he will be in Vegas with McDaniels which I’m not sure that’s a great fit either. In terms of teams that have the real chance at winning I would think he’d be better off in Miami or San Francisco but I think San Fran at this point has to be happy with Purdy no matter what happens going forward in the playoffs. There is also a chance he goes wherever Sean Payton lands assuming there isn’t already an established quarterback there.
When do start the Purdy Planet forum?!

TFB in LV doesn't feel right, although him that bucs uni seemed odd at first as well. I think SF sticks with Purdy and/or Lance unless Purdy turns into a pumpkin and they feel TB could get them over the hump for one year.

Predictions:
San Fran
Jags (in the best WC game of the weekend)
Buffalo
NYG
Cincy

Toughest game for me is the Monday game but I don't think the Bucs formula of coming back in the 4th will work against the Dallas D. Granted, Dallas could come out like that did against Washington but that's the only way I see them losing (which I don't in this one). Dallas takes it.

The "W" in that for us is it likely will result in McCarthy being retained, and the proverbial Benny Hill Theme song that is the Dallas Cowboys will chug on for another year.
:coffee:

Hot Take Incoming....

Had TFB retired 2 years ago after the Bucs SB win, he would have gone down as the guy who defeated Father TIme.

After this season, not so much. He's arguably still better than 20-25 other stating QBs but he's not TFB anymore.

I hope he decides to walk away this time and not subject us all to a Farvian annual clown show will he or won't he retirement spectacle.

Hot Take Incoming....

Had TFB retired 2 years ago after the Bucs SB win, he would have gone down as the guy who defeated Father TIme.

After this season, not so much. He's arguably still better than 20-25 other stating QBs but he's not TFB anymore.

I hope he decides to walk away this time and not subject us all to a Farvian annual clown show will he or won't he retirement spectacle.
I don't dislike Tom Brady but I stopped being a "rooting fan" of TB after he inked his deal with Tampa.

That being said, the team around him this year was utter trash and I don't think I would have pointed the finger at the QB were at someone other than Tom Brady. I think he can still play and fully expect to see him suiting up for the Raiders next year. By then, he'll have gotten his personal life more together and some other supermodel will have wiped the crust from his eyes. Not predicting a SB win, but I think the Raiders are a legit AFC contender right now and that is more bad news for the New England Patriots rebuild.

This game shouldn't be in Buffalo. Sorry, it just shouldn't. It's fucked up.
No it shouldn’t be when they came up with original home field advantage this game was also suppose to be on a neutral site.

~Dee~

Hot Take Incoming....

He is still the guy that has defeated Father Time. This season did not diminish that. As Stan said his team was a mess this year on top of significant injuries not to mention his personal life. He will restart somewhere else next season on hopefully a better team. He was top 10 in all major passing categories and #1 for completions setting the league record.

He is still the guy that has defeated Father Time. This season did not diminish that. As Stan said his team was a mess this year on top of significant injuries not to mention his personal life. He will restart somewhere else next season on hopefully a better team. He was top 10 in all major passing categories and #1 for completions setting the league record.

He's showing his age now though Mazz, He was poor last night, some of the passes were way off and not just the EZ INT. It's understandable, but he seems terrified now of getting hit.

For him to succeed anywhere next season, he will need everything to be perfect. And I do mean perfect. He will need a top-5 O Line, he will need a top-tier running game so he can run play action effectively, he will need great receivers and great tight ends and an innovative OC. Tom cannot carry an average team anymore.

But what coach will hand over a talented offense to a guy who may just play one more season? How can you plan for the future?

If Brady still has it physically (and I haven't seen any falloff) outside of Buffalo, Green Bay, Cincinnati and KC there are no established QBs

He's showing his age now though Mazz, He was poor last night, some of the passes were way off and not just the EZ INT. It's understandable, but he seems terrified now of getting hit.

For him to succeed anywhere next season, he will need everything to be perfect. And I do mean perfect. He will need a top-5 O Line, he will need a top-tier running game so he can run play action effectively, he will need great receivers and great tight ends and an innovative OC. Tom cannot carry an average team anymore.

But what coach will hand over a talented offense to a guy who may just play one more season? How can you plan for the future?
I think there is some decline but not much. I agree about getting in the right situation though. I mean he will be 46. I actually think he will have his pick of teams because there is such a dearth at the position right now especially for teams that have really good rosters but are short on QB play.

Back