The 2023 Season NFL Playoffs Thread

The entire second half??!!!
That’s not evidence. Please explain how the NFL prevented the Ravens from winning, or helped the Chiefs.

Nothing that happened yesterday was outside of the norm of a typical NFL game.

We all know this, but you want to whine because Mahomes threatens Brady.

John Harbaugh had a terrible game plan. It started out well then it felt like he handcuffed Lamar.
In the end, Lamar Lamared. Fine by me!

The Lions started on fire and got out to a big lead then seemed to coast and let SF work themselves back into the game.
Credit to SF for finally waking up and finding themselves to play with energy, enthusiasm and emotion.
The Lions learned a hard lesson they won't forget next time they play in a SB, if there is a next time soon. Keep the pedal to the metal.
I hope Dan Campbell learned not to go for it on 4th down when it's not necessary.

This crazy play helped SF a lot, too.

View: https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1751997391618670731

Last edited:
That’s not evidence. Please explain how the NFL prevented the Ravens from winning, or helped the Chiefs.

Nothing that happened yesterday was outside of the norm of a typical NFL game.

We all know this, but you want to whine because Mahomes threatens Brady.
If the Ravens had won, I would still feel the same way. I have felt this way for a few years now ...

I'm half tempted to cheer for the Chiefs here because so far I have been nothing but a curse to the other teams.

It's not fixed. Think about it, it would take a conspiracy of gargantuan proportions involving scores of people, refs (who are not full-time employees), players, etc. etc. If you believe it's fixed, you believe that Gibbs in the 3rd quarter, went into the play with the express instruction to make contact and to fumble the ball, and make it look legit.

I mean, that just does not happen

Now...what can happen and does in other sports is betting syndicates, often tied to criminal gangs, get individual players to throw a game or do something under instruction. This has sadly happened in Cricket, where Indian gangs have involved themselves in bribing players at the highest level, and those players are always caught in the end. This is the concern I have now the NFL has legalised gambling. The money involved is just massive.

John Harbaugh had a terrible game plan. It started out well then it felt like he handcuffed Lamar.
In the end, Lamar Lamared. Fine by me!

The Lions started on fire and got out to a big lead then seemed to coast and let SF work themselves back into the game.
Credit to SF for finally waking up and finding themselves to play with energy, enthusiasm and emotion.
The Lions learned a hard lesson they won't forget next time they play in a SB, if there is a next time soon. Keep the pedal to the metal.
I hope Dan Campbell learned not to go for it on 4th down when it's not necessary.
Why on earth they didn't run Lamar more is baffling. He sucked from the pocket.

What was strange about them?
ravens/lamar have a history of playoff chokes
Harbaugh is now 1-3 in afccg games while mahommes/reid have established themselves as clutch (unless playing brady)

i like Dan Campbells go-for-it-attitude but in hindsight he could have chosen differently

if it was fixed then lions making it is the better story, as is the leagues mvp

there goes the logo conspiracy theory as well :coffee:
Harbaugh is a fucking clown, that was established here a long time ago. Lamar doesn't have the head, the two are a bad combination.

I would have gone for it at the end of the half instead of kicking a FG. That being said, there was one time in the 2nd half where they went for it when I thought they should have punted, and another time when they were in FG range.

He's always sucked from the pocket especially when the pocket tightens around him.
Once he's out of the pocket all bets are off so the way to beat him is to slowly close the circle and not let him escape.
Harbaugh's mistake was not giving him enough hot reads or enough designed runs.
Injuries have been an issue in the recent past so I kind of understand that aspect. His body can't take much pounding.
He'll provide more hot reads next year.

the fucker is gonna win the mvp though which shows you how stupid the award is and especially how stupid it is to decide it before the postseason.
It's strange to me that folks have seemed resigned to the fact he is the defacto MVP for at least the past month or so. McCaffrey would get my vote, but what do I know?

So, you're saying that Lamar was paid off by mobsters and told not to run? Where is your evidence that the
fix was in?

All seriousness, this isn't a bad point. The Bills can't play their best unless Josh runs and the same can be said
about Lamar. Since he has the ball on every play then it stands to reason that he just didn't think that running was
a great idea for some reason. If so, then that was the wrong choice.

It didn't appear that he was limping around when he did run, so......I'm left with the notion that Jackson figured
that he was going to show everybody that he could win playing from the pocket.

The Chiefs were smarter, more disciplined, better-coached and executed way better than Baltimore. Giving up 20
yards in penalties before the Chiefs needed to do anything told the story of the game. The Ravens played stupid
football and got their asses kicked by a team that didn't do that.

It's strange to me that folks have seemed resigned to the fact he is the defacto MVP for at least the past month or so. McCaffrey would get my vote, but what do I know?
because media.
there are almost always players more deserving than the one who wins.

So, you're saying that Lamar was paid off by mobsters and told not to run? Where is your evidence that the
fix was in?

All seriousness, this isn't a bad point. The Bills can't play their best unless Josh runs and the same can be said
about Lamar. Since he has the ball on every play then it stands to reason that he just didn't think that running was

It didn't appear that he was limping around when he did run, so......I'm left with the notion that Jackson figured

The Chiefs were smarter, more disciplined, better-coached and executed way better than Baltimore. Giving up 20
yards in penalties before the Chiefs needed to do anything told the story of the game. The Ravens played stupid

AKA, a typical John Harbaugh team.

I really didn't care at all about the NFCCG. I mean I wanted Detroit just because it would have been a great story for them to get to the bowl but the game had fixed all over it IMO.
Yeah a retread in Goff vs Mr Brady 2.0.

HMMMMMM.

fix was in?

Not to mention Zay Flowers

View: https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1751963397137059989

Back