The 2023 Season NFL Playoffs Thread

It's not fixed. Think about it, it would take a conspiracy of gargantuan proportions involving scores of people, refs (who are not full-time employees), players, etc. etc. If you believe it's fixed, you believe that Gibbs in the 3rd quarter, went into the play with the express instruction to make contact and to fumble the ball, and make it look legit.

I mean, that just does not happen

Now...what can happen and does in other sports is betting syndicates, often tied to criminal gangs, get individual players to throw a game or do something under instruction. This has sadly happened in Cricket, where Indian gangs have involved themselves in bribing players at the highest level, and those players are always caught in the end. This is the concern I have now the NFL has legalised gambling. The money involved is just massive.

Whenever massive gambling is in effect, corruption runs rampant. Never, ever trust the NFL specifically when it comes to this. Plenty of people have videos out there of NFL rigged officiating and also players with really weird reactions to certain plays.

Acts of God are a thing, and I don't think the entire game is scripted becuase that too hard. Massively influenced? Yep...and nobody would believe them unless the feds raided every single teams facility and the NFL headquarters in NY. Then maybe people would believe.

Last edited:

I thought Zay seemed like a nice enough guy when I've heard him speak, but, apparently in the modern NFL
each and every play that takes place between a DB and WR requires it to be a referendum on how to be
an alpha male. The play is just phase one. Once the players hear the whistle the real work begins. Showing
that you are not intimidated and trying to intimidate your opponent.

Forget "nice play, maybe I'll get you next time" or "Great route. I appreciate you" or anything
like that. Sportsmanship is for fools. You can't make a tackle or catch a ball without reminding your opponent that he might as
quit football or the humiliation of the next rep is going to break him.

I think Zay caught a little of that "false bravado" virus that is sweeping through the league. The NFL would be wise
to try to put a lid on that shit because it is really getting predictable and boring to watch. I'll gladly sit through the
sea of flags it's going to take to put the lid back on this particular box, because it's a giant waste of time.

A good example of how to be an actual badass is watching Isiah Pacheco running as hard as he possibly can and
then mostly keeping his mouth closed once the play is over. Would any NFL defenders assume that he is intimidated because he isn't
constantly woofing after the play?

I thought Zay seemed like a nice enough guy when I've heard him speak, but, apparently in the modern NFL
each and every play that takes place between a DB and WR requires it to be a referendum on how to be
an alpha male. The play is just phase one. Once the players hear the whistle the real work begins. Showing

Forget "nice play, maybe I'll get you next time" or "Great route. I appreciate you" or anything
like that. Sportsmanship is for fools. You can't make a tackle or catch a ball without reminding your opponent that he might as

I think Zay caught a little of that "false bravado" virus that is sweeping through the league. The NFL would be wise
to try to put a lid on that shit because it is really getting predictable and boring to watch. I'll gladly sit through the
sea of flags it's going to take to put the lid back on this particular box, because it's a giant waste of time.

A good example of how to be an actual badass is watching Isiah Pacheco running as hard as he possibly can and
then mostly keeping his mouth closed once the play is over. Would any NFL defenders assume that he is intimidated because he isn't
Let's be honest: Jules did this after every single play!

I did.
That’s my point.
No difference between that game and any other NFL game.

So who is in on this conspiracy?
Coaches?
Players?
Just the refs?
Please enlighten us.
Similar to the NBA, I think the refs from a macro view. Micro view could be coaches and/or players depending on the pay out to them.

After scoring a TD Barry Sanders used to hand the ball to the zebra

So, you're saying that Lamar was paid off by mobsters and told not to run? Where is your evidence that the
fix was in?

All seriousness, this isn't a bad point. The Bills can't play their best unless Josh runs and the same can be said
about Lamar. Since he has the ball on every play then it stands to reason that he just didn't think that running was
a great idea for some reason. If so, then that was the wrong choice.

It didn't appear that he was limping around when he did run, so......I'm left with the notion that Jackson figured
that he was going to show everybody that he could win playing from the pocket.

The Chiefs were smarter, more disciplined, better-coached and executed way better than Baltimore. Giving up 20
yards in penalties before the Chiefs needed to do anything told the story of the game. The Ravens played stupid
football and got their asses kicked by a team that didn't do that.
The Chefs had the better script. Niners too.

then mostly keeping his mouth closed once the play is over.
Would any NFL defenders assume that he is intimidated because he isn't

I look at Pacheco as being the Brad Marchand of NFL RB's.......hard playin', high energy, irritating little bastid-shit :)

Well I would never pay to go to a Superb Owl game. These prices are ridiculous. And then they torture you with a long lousy concert at half time. Hard pass.

Super Bowl ticket prices history (link)
Here's what the average ticket cost for this year's and the five preceding Super Bowls, per SeatGeek:

Super Bowl 58: $12,082 (Allegiant Stadium, Las Vegas — San Francisco 49ers vs. Kansas City Chiefs).
Super Bowl 57: $8,907 (State Farm Stadium, Glendale, Arizona — Kansas City Chiefs vs. Philadelphia Eagles)
Super Bowl 56: $10,322 (SoFi Stadium, Inglewood, California — Los Angeles Rams vs. Cincinnati Bengals)
Super Bowl 55: $11,840 (Raymond James Stadium, Tampa, Florida — Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Kansas City Chiefs in reduced capacity)
Super Bowl 54: $6,569 (Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, Florida — Kansas City Chiefs vs. San Francisco 49ers)
Super Bowl 53: $5,329 (Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta — New England Patriots vs. Los Angeles Rams)

Well I would never pay to go to a Superb Owl game. These prices are ridiculous. And then they torture you with a long lousy concert at half time. Hard pass.

Super Bowl ticket prices history (link)
Here's what the average ticket cost for this year's and the five preceding Super Bowls, per SeatGeek:

Super Bowl 58: $12,082 (Allegiant Stadium, Las Vegas — San Francisco 49ers vs. Kansas City Chiefs).
Super Bowl 57: $8,907 (State Farm Stadium, Glendale, Arizona — Kansas City Chiefs vs. Philadelphia Eagles)
Super Bowl 56: $10,322 (SoFi Stadium, Inglewood, California — Los Angeles Rams vs. Cincinnati Bengals)
Super Bowl 55: $11,840 (Raymond James Stadium, Tampa, Florida — Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Kansas City Chiefs in reduced capacity)
Super Bowl 54: $6,569 (Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, Florida — Kansas City Chiefs vs. San Francisco 49ers)
Super Bowl 53: $5,329 (Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta — New England Patriots vs. Los Angeles Rams)
Great investment! 🥴🤣

Here’s a very good video about the corruption of the NFL. It’s across the board though for anything being allowed to gamble:

The reporter died a year after this aired (?!?!)

View: https://youtu.be/w_77TqWUHEE?si=qTc1Rn4twP7RhnSw

This Frontline expose is extremely revealing of NFL owners being in business with gambling and the mafia. This also hits on players and 1 HC with strong ties to gambling interests.
If you've never seen it, this is worth your time. Jessica Savitch died tragically a few weeks later in a car accident.

If you don't have an hour to spare, here's a 10 minute read that shows owners, players and refs have been involved in fixing games in the past.

Back