The 2024 Draft

Nagy is a great follow on twitter. @JimNagy_SB

He's a good talent evaluator who has been evaluating this draft class for 2 years. He knows the players even if they don't accept his invite to the Senior Bowl bc he's evaluated them.
He's a straight shooter, too. He's been talking to NFL coaches and scouts directly for years.

Nagy is a great football guy. I love listening to him on NFLradio and he will also drop some scouting reports now and then about how guys are doing. I wish
the Pats could lure him away with a big contract and make him our personnel guy, not that Eliot Wolf is a scrub. It's just Nagy is outstanding and experienced.

Coming soon to a practice squad near you.

Couldn't agree more.

Two years ago I saw him projected to be the top pick in this draft. He's one of the more overrated guys
I've seen in a while.

Nothing from his this year & I had completely forgotten he was in this draft. I'm guessing UDFA.

We are now at #2. I'm thinking that maybe we should trade down to about 10 and get more pick. But I have 4 months to keep changing my mind.

We are now at #2. I'm thinking that maybe we should trade down to about 10 and get more pick. But I have 4 months to keep changing my mind.
I'm sure they'll shop it to all of teams but should probably wait until the last minute to pull the trigger, unless they get blown away with an offer before that. Wait to see who gets drafted first then rip off any team that desperately wants the "next guy", instead of trying to trade down to a specific spot. You might get more back from the pick 5 team than the pick 10 team if they're more desperate.

I'm sure they'll shop it to all of teams but should probably wait until the last minute to pull the trigger, unless they get blown away with an offer before that. Wait to see who gets drafted first then rip off any team that desperately wants the "next guy", instead of trying to trade down to a specific spot. You might get more back from the pick 5 team than the pick 10 team if they're more desperate.
Excellent point! :toast:

Remember when the Bears traded their entire draft in order to move up for Ricky Williams? There are a bunch more absurd bounties that came care of desperate teams who
are smitten with that one guy that they can't live without and go all in for glory.

I feel sure that by the time this draft rolls around this is going to be one of those deals, but only for the top pick. And that guy is absolutely going to be
Caleb Williams. Right now he's getting some bogus treatment (imo) for being a hammerhead, but all those "concerns" will ultimately melt away
as the nonsense that 99% of it is. His biggest problem is that he isn't a humble "aw, shucks" guy but is very up front with his belief in himself and his
abilities. And why is that a bad thing? He not just looking for a job in the NFL, but plans to be somebody.

All its going to take is one team that really, really needs a QB and they'll see the chance to get a future great QB for 5 years on the cheap. His highlight
clip reel could literally be over an hour long, demonstrating every trait a pro QB needs except ideal height. All due respect to Drake Maye, but his will
be about 7 minutes. Mike Penix could be outstanding, but his one-of-a-kind throwing motion will be analyzed like the Zapruder film. People will get spooked
off him for the top of the board.

I keep seeing mock drafts that have Williams slipping to 5 and so forth. Every one of them comes from some team website who just so happens to be
at whatever number they have him slipping to. Not gunna happen.

It's not even going to be close. He doesn't have to do the Combine or do all the dog and pony shows. Just put the tape on and watch him workout just
to pretend like you give a shit and he'll be number one by a wiiiiide margin. It's going to be an epic gold rush if the number one team doesn't decide that he's their
guy, no matter what.

Remember when the Bears traded their entire draft in order to move up for Ricky Williams? There are a bunch more absurd bounties that came care of desperate teams who
are smitten with that one guy that they can't live without and go all in for glory.

I feel sure that by the time this draft rolls around this is going to be one of those deals, but only for the top pick. And that guy is absolutely going to be
Caleb Williams. Right now he's getting some bogus treatment (imo) for being a hammerhead, but all those "concerns" will ultimately melt away
as the nonsense that 99% of it is. His biggest problem is that he isn't a humble "aw, shucks" guy but is very up front with his belief in himself and his
abilities. And why is that a bad thing? He not just looking for a job in the NFL, but plans to be somebody.

All its going to take is one team that really, really needs a QB and they'll see the chance to get a future great QB for 5 years on the cheap. His highlight
clip reel could literally be over an hour long, demonstrating every trait a pro QB needs except ideal height. All due respect to Drake Maye, but his will
be about 7 minutes. Mike Penix could be outstanding, but his one-of-a-kind throwing motion will be analyzed like the Zapruder film. People will get spooked

I keep seeing mock drafts that have Williams slipping to 5 and so forth. Every one of them comes from some team website who just so happens to be

It's not even going to be close. He doesn't have to do the Combine or do all the dog and pony shows. Just put the tape on and watch him workout just
to pretend like you give a shit and he'll be number one by a wiiiiide margin. It's going to be an epic gold rush if the number one team doesn't decide that he's their
guy, no matter what.
Saints but it was Ditka.

guy, no matter what.
Tell BB this…or at least bullhorn it to Krafty.

Tank it ALL to #1!

We are now tie for the 2nd pick with AZ at 3 -10. Doesn't really matter, we should end up with a top 5 pick.

Back