The best part of the game today, for me at least....

Brady's Bunch

Let me get right on that with thinking
Reaction score
I didn't even notice the refs, there were no questionable calls and the game was decided by the play of the teams. I wish every game could be called like that.

I didn't even notice the refs, there were no questionable calls and the game was decided by the play of the teams. I wish every game could be called like that.

It was called to PERFECTION and they got the 2 pt conversion right. You are right to bring it up.

And HOW THE HELL did Sean Payton NOT win coach of the year???

Yeah I mean the only time I bitched they overturned it and that was the 2 point coversion. They let them play, no shippy BS calls, thats the way all games should be....maybe thats why the colts lost...:coffee:

What I think is funny is Brock whining on his twitter that the refs weren't throwing flags for them. He just couldn't understand why they weren't getting the gimmies! ROFL

Hey Brock! How does it feel to be the team NOT given the calls for a change...moron!

The refs ate their whistles, as is common in the SB.

But c'mon, how could ANYTHING be better than the Pick 6? Impossible.

That was one of the best officiating jobs in a Superbowl with a Patriot rival ever. Period.

Actually the 2 point conversion late in the game is in question that it was really a good catch or not.

But that aside with the final pick six from Peyton it is immaterial whether they got the extra 2 or not, Saints still win cleanly.

Actually the 2 point conversion late in the game is in question that it was really a good catch or not.

But that aside with the final pick six from Peyton it is immaterial whether they got the extra 2 or not, Saints still win cleanly.

He had full possession of that ball and it was over the plane before that Colt kicked it out of his hands. THE RIGHT CALL finally.

Everyone on the planet (c) had the same thought.. he caught it, controlled it, held it over the line for a good amount of time, then it got kicked as he landed.. pretty damn athletic move, validating what we all saw in real time.. catch, two points... even Indy fans knew it was good deep down inside. Great to see they got it right.

I have to agree. The refs didn't make any bad calls as far as I could tell. I didn't like the fact that it took that long to make the call on the onside kick, but that's not really their fault. That many bodies piled up on the ball, it's unpossible to know until you pull them all off.

Great game by the refs.

Polian is gonna have their ASSES!!!! :thwak:

I didn't see the game itself but I thought the officials missed a pretty obvious block in the back against Manning during the INT return.

I have to say I really enjoyed the game yesterday. Refs did a great job. HH he definitely had possession of that ball on the 2pt conversion. He had it, fumbled a little in his hands, but then regained possession all the while keeping it over the plane. So that was a good review and call.

Sorry to our Colts fans that are here but I am also happy for the Saints and the city. Let em enjoy this win they definitely deserved it with the year they had!

I didn't see the game itself but I thought the officials missed a pretty obvious block in the back against Manning during the INT return.
nuh-ah....

A.) the ref closest to the play had tears of laughter in his eyes watching Porter gazelling to the EZ w/ tPick6 so he had an excuse

or

3.) the ref closest to the play didn't miss anything he didn't WANT to see.....Mike Pereira will send a letter of apology to Peyton in about 3 months for this most unfortunate situation ---

with postage due/return receipt requested onnit

pick the one explanation you like best :)

nuh-ah....

A.) the ref closest to the play had tears of laughter in his eyes watching Porter gazelling to the EZ w/ tPick6 so he had an excuse

or

3.) the ref closest to the play didn't miss anything he didn't WANT to see.....Mike Pereira will send a letter of apology to Peyton in about 3 months for this most unfortunate situation ---

with postage due/return receipt requested onnit

pick the one explanation you like best :)

Based on track record, I'm going w/option 3.

The best part for me was the pick 6. Hilarity ensued.

But on a football note, I was curious about what Payton had said about the onside kick. He said they had picked things up about the right side retreating early and thought they could exploit it. Sure enough.

To any of the hi-level players/coaches we have here, does a ST coach and HC scout their own teams weaknesses like this and if not shouldn't they?

It didn't seem very difficult for Payton to pick up this glaring weakness that he was eventually able to exploit for a game changing play and if Indy's coaches had been on top of the ball with 2 weeks to prepare you think they may have reviewed all ST plays and tightened up any holes they should have seen.

BB always talks about scouting the Patriots during the off week to pick up on such things.

this is a common human instinct...99% of kicks are legged out not on-side...after a period of time a player will just naturally retreat without being aware he is doing so - it is during the by week that BB and the others break down films looking for tells in the players that could lead to something like this being exploited

BB always talks about scouting the Patriots during the off week to pick up on such things.

this is a common human instinct...99% of kicks are legged out not on-side...after a period of time a player will just naturally retreat without being aware he is doing so - it is during the by week that BB and the others break down films looking for tells in the players that could lead to something like this being exploited

Right.

And a team should also devote time to self to pick up on their own tendencies. Payton had no trouble seeing it from the sounds of it.

Back