The Dynasty

Bill was a perfect fit for a Boston sports public. Blue collar, tough, no BS about him and not worrying about being PC or media friendly. And above all, a winner. It's not easy to come as a HC to a team in the No.1 sports city in the US. Fans are used to success in Boston and are unforgiving of failure and can spot a BS artist immediately.

There's a reason Bill took that full-page ad out in the Globe to thank the Patriot fans specifically. Kraft, as you say, Hawg has completely misread the relationship that Bill had with the fans here, and he'll hear about it.
I'm thinking you may be young, but prior to 2001 I don't think "used to success" applied, except maybe to the Celtics.

Having read this thread, I should probably give The Dynasty a miss.

It really pisses me off that there's a narrative of throwing Bill under the bus, as if the last few years count for more than the six Super Bowl wins.

Edit: he's clearly made some big mistakes and I think it was right for him to go.

Another Patriots player criticizes the Dynasty.

It's been just under two months since 'The Dynasty: New England Patriots' premiered on Apple TV+, and the overwhelming response from fans, media members, and former players alike has been pretty much the same: negative.

The latest critic? Former Patriots cornerback Stephon Gilmore. The Super Bowl LIII champion took to Twitter on Friday afternoon to air his grievances:

View: https://twitter.com/BumpNrunGilm0re/status/1778827834603049189?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1778827834603049189%7Ctwgr%5Ed332378f2fa86b1c7b2a87ad779c4c8fb3fe92cd%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.audacy.com%2Fweei%2Fsports%2Fpatriots%2Fstephon-gilmore-latest-to-critique-the-dynasty-docuseries

This defensive switch-up was one of the few ways Belichick was actually portrayed positively during the series. Owner Robert Kraft even alluded to it as one of the key factors in his decision to choose his head coach over quarterback Tom Brady.

View: https://twitter.com/BumpNrunGilm0re/status/1778828062190170548?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1778828062190170548%7Ctwgr%5Ed332378f2fa86b1c7b2a87ad779c4c8fb3fe92cd%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.audacy.com%2Fweei%2Fsports%2Fpatriots%2Fstephon-gilmore-latest-to-critique-the-dynasty-docuseries

View: https://twitter.com/BumpNrunGilm0re/status/1778829329507479773?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1778829329507479773%7Ctwgr%5Ed332378f2fa86b1c7b2a87ad779c4c8fb3fe92cd%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.audacy.com%2Fweei%2Fsports%2Fpatriots%2Fstephon-gilmore-latest-to-critique-the-dynasty-docuseries

Over four seasons in Foxborough, Gilmore started 56 games at cornerback and tallied 185 tackles, 52 passes defensed, three forced fumbles, and 11 interceptions. In 2019, he won the NFL's Defensive Player of the Year award in a season where he notched 20 PD's, six interceptions, and two defensive touchdowns.

Gilmore joins a group of former Patriots that includes Devin McCourty, Rodney Harrison, Matthew Slater, Julian Edelman, Vince Wilfork, and Ty Law who have voiced a negative opinion about how their time with the Patriots, and Bill Belichick, were portrayed in 'The Dynasty'.

As for their former head coach? He's seemingly happy go lucky as he roams the Washington Huskies sideline in a cut-off hoodie, and has plans to write a book in his future.

Perhaps that's when we hear his side of the story.

Last edited:
I've lost a few pounds of late, As it turns out when Nike replaced Reebok in 2012, the beloved Belichick "Equipment Hoodie" hoodie was discontinued. Sometime after that I saw that Fanatic was selling their version of it. Ordered one right away as I had worn my original into the ground. But it didn't fit. I was angry. But I shoved it in a drawer with "Someday... on my mind. Now IS someday. I'm wearing a brand new Belichick hoodie and it's whispering "fuck you Kraft" to me kinda nonstop. Feels really good.

It's not surprising to see many of the great players who achieved greatness under Bill leaping to his defense. Big Vince put it really well, like many others. It's a pity that Brady hasn't come out and said something, to be honest.

Talking of Hoodies, I bought the hoodie in the link below, a nice FU to Kraft and family.

It's not surprising to see many of the great players who achieved greatness under Bill leaping to his defense. Big Vince put it really well, like many others. It's a pity that Brady hasn't come out and said something, to be honest.

Talking of Hoodies, I bought the hoodie in the link below, a nice FU to Kraft and family.

and the $80 (EIGHTY!! FOR A GREY SWEATSHIRT) dollars it costs will keep me from buying it.

Muse, I think you and the Undertaker should buy all board members one of these hoddies each. It would be a nice thank you for us being such wonderful people.

I will even forgo one as I have one already. That's the kind of guy I am. :coffee:

Muse, I think you and the Undertaker should buy all board members one of these hoddies each. It would be a nice thank you for us being such wonderful people.

I will even forgo one as I have one already. That's the kind of guy I am. :coffee:
You don't say.

🤣

Brady made comments all season last year about Bill saying how hard it is to win games in the NFL. He even talked about how he needed better QB play. LOL

Brady made comments all season last year about Bill saying how hard it is to win games in the NFL. He even talked about how he needed better QB play. LOL

Speaking of your boy, how did you feel listening to Tommy drop the F bomb in every other sentence?

Did that get your motor running?

Speaking of your boy, how did you feel listening to Tommy drop the F bomb in every other sentence?

Did that get your motor running?
I know you probably don't believe me but I didn't listen to it so I did not know he was throwing the F bombs. I have mostly just read what is on social media. TBH, I don't like that he is throwing around coming back to play. I find it really annoying. He is a broadcaster now. Why talk about playing again? I mean I know there is a chance he is serious but I feel like he wants the attention and here we are right before the draft. I mean, really?

giz is a skanky p.o.s. she tried to submarine his football career herself and always looked down her nose at it. as if being paid to run around in your underwear is some noble profession vs. football 🙄
I have never understood your rabid Giselle hatred, although it has been evident almost from the start. Are you best friends with Bridget Moynahan? IMO Giselle did nothing but support Brady throughout his career. He promised her from the gate he would quit after 5 years, which he didn't, and she stuck in. She took in his other kid and raised him like her own. She never had anything to say about him but praise in every interview I ever saw her do. She even allowed that rank player who later photoshopped himself with her to move in to accommodate her husband. Lots of women "run around in their underwear" to make money, but nobody did it as well as Bundchen,. What's with the venom?

I have not watched this show since I don't find public executions that interesting, but I did note that there is not one single comment by or about JOHN TOMASE! Any program that does not include observations by this important sports commentator do not deserve my attention.

Attachments

• 1012tomase.jpg
    1012tomase.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 1
I have never understood your rabid Giselle hatred, although it has been evident almost from the start. Are you best friends with Bridget Moynahan? IMO Giselle did nothing but support Brady throughout his career. He promised her from the gate he would quit after 5 years, which he didn't, and she stuck in. She took in his other kid and raised him like her own. She never had anything to say about him but praise in every interview I ever saw her do. She even allowed that rank player who later photoshopped himself with her to move in to accommodate her husband. Lots of women "run around in their underwear" to make money, but nobody did it as well as Bundchen,. What's with the venom?
i've posted different things i've found distasteful about her like her slamming of his teammates in public,her running her mouth about his concussions,her comments about making breastfeeding the law,disparaging women who gain weight during pregnancy as garbage disposals,etc. meanwhile miss green energy earth day lecturer builds an enormous carbon nightmare of a house. then there's her post-divorce stuff.🙄 i think she's a silly,patronizing, twit, hypocrite. i do not begrudge anyone their high dollar legal means of employment, but i see no way to evaluate degrees of talent of underwear runners.we'll have to agree to disagree on her.

i've posted different things i've found distasteful about her like her slamming of his teammates in public,her running her mouth about his concussions,her comments about making breastfeeding the law,disparaging women who gain weight during pregnancy as garbage disposals,etc. meanwhile miss green energy earth day lecturer builds an enormous carbon nightmare of a house. then there's her post-divorce stuff.🙄 i think she's a silly,patronizing, twit, hypocrite. i do not begrudge anyone their high dollar legal means of employment, but i see no way to evaluate degrees of talent of underwear runners.we'll have to agree to disagree on her.
I have never minded having disagreements with you. You are one of the few people who does not resort to character bashing and rude insults when holding a different opinion from the other guy. It is something I have always admired about you and one I wish other people would attempt now and then rather instantly flashing the finger and or threatening death. We clearly have two different views of the same person, but that in no way means we cannot be friends ourselves, which we are. Big thanks for being a grown up. :thumb::thumb:

ps - as a matter of fact, we do agree about a much more important thing: LITTLE MATTIE SLATER!!! :patpatriot32:

I have never minded having disagreements with you. You are one of the few people who does not resort to character bashing and rude insults when holding a different opinion from the other guy. It is something I have always admired about you and one I wish other people would attempt now and then rather instantly flashing the finger and or threatening death. We clearly have two different views of the same person, but that in no way means we cannot be friends ourselves, which we are. Big thanks for being a grown up. :thumb::thumb:

ps - as a matter of fact, we do agree about a much more important thing: LITTLE MATTIE SLATER!!! :patpatriot32:
yes ma'am...and 😺 of course!🥂

Back