The Dynasty

Look, 4 x episodes in and they've already missed a tonne of stuff as the guys on PU said in their recap today. A lot of important stories are missed or just not included, and we can see why. They want to rush the first part of the series, the building of the dynasty and the success, to make room for the inevitable hatchet job the Krafts will unleash in the last episodes.

Six Superbowl wins, 9 AFC Championships, 17 Division Titles, all kinds of records broken, and the Krafts want to spend half the programmes on the last couple of years, concentrating on nasty old Bill.

Look, 4 x episodes in and they've already missed a tonne of stuff as the guys on PU said in their recap today. A lot of important stories are missed or just not included, and we can see why. They want to rush the first part of the series, the building of the dynasty and the success, to make room for the inevitable hatchet job the Krafts will unleash in the last episodes.

Six Superbowl wins, 9 AFC Championships, 17 Division Titles, all kinds of records broken, and the Krafts want to spend half the programmes on the last couple of years, concentrating on nasty old Bill.
I had a thought today that the Pats had they been transported back to the 70s-80s would have won 10-12 SBs. The problem was, the ascent of the internet, talk radio, sports shows, ESPN and the media in general plus the money that was started being taken in across the league, started the downfall of the league overall. I had forgotten about Watson running Baily down in what ended up being a touchback that wasn't...you start to see how the Pats were hurt by the league time and time again.

In contrast, it will be interesting to see if the league punishes the Chiefs in such a way any time soon. I have my doubts.

A 10 hour documentary on the dynasty, and they completely ignore the 2002 season (which I think was important in the context of learning consistency and mindset) and summarized the back to back 03-04 seasons in 5 minutes? WTF?

Also, missing the point that "Spygate" is not about the signals, but the camera location is insane.

Kraft missed a golden opportunity by glossing over the 2 consecutive SB wins. Plenty of fans who are too young to have lived it would have really enjoyed the full experience.
I'd much rather have seen more time spent on that and less time spent on the Parcells saga. That was a big opportunity Kraft kicked to the curb.
We know why he cut it short - he's anxious to spit on Belichick and take full credit for himself for the dynasty years.
Kraft sickens me with his back stabbing, vengeful ways.
Hopefully BB turns the tables one day.

Kraft missed a golden opportunity by glossing over the 2 consecutive SB wins. Plenty of fans who are too young to have lived it would have really enjoyed the full experience.
I'd much rather have seen more time spent on that and less time spent on the Parcells saga. That was a big opportunity Kraft kicked to the curb.
We know why he cut it short - he's anxious to spit on Belichick and take full credit for himself for the dynasty years.

One wonderful characteristic Bill possesses is that he doesn't return being wronged in kind. He has a much better way than seeking vengeance which comes from the darkest place in humanity and no one benefits from vengeance.

Bill lives his life, doesn't talk shit about others and does the best he knows he's capable of. Other people aren't foremost in his thinking. He is, the rest naturally follows suit.

I can't fathom just ignoring the 03 and 04 seasons. IMO, those were the best times. We weren't hated yet, so there wasn't the "win or be miserable" pressure that comes with the world rooting against you. TB12 was ascending but wasn't the outright GOAT and still had a bit of an underdog mentality given the press and love for Peyton. The rivalry with the Colts was incredible and those two home playoff wins really were representative of the ID of the team those years. In 04, adding Dillon and starting to show that guys in a bad situation could have a measure of rehabilitation in Foxborough, going on the road to Pittsburgh in the cold to push them around in that AFCCG...all of that was reduced to the FG at the end of XXXVIII and Rodney's pick of McNabb.

I wonder if it's because those teams were more Bill-centric, which doesn't fit the narrative of the story Kraft wants to tell.

This thing is really pissing a lot of Patriots fans off for obvious reasons, but it is really just like the book and
what you're hearing is Jeff Benedict's take on things, which he correctly guessed would stir up a bunch of controversy and get him paid. The
book was presented as the definitive guide to the Patriots, but it is really just another viewpoint and a quite slanted one at that.

I look at Benedict's book as one more source of information to use to put the pieces of the whole story together. He strikes me as a
slimy douche who TMZs the shit out of everything, but that's part of the tale, too. God, we've had a lot of weird shit and trouble along the
way to contrast with all the trophies and parades. It was far from unicorns farting rainbows all the time.

I'm watching this series not only because I have to, but for the uncensored film clips and commentary from people I do respect and trust. There is a lot
of stuff that I hadn't seen so I'm enjoying it for that reason and because I'm ready to revisit all of it, or this version of it, despite the fact that it is
one giant swiss cheese with a shitload of gaping holes. And how bad is the degraded film quality from less than 25 years ago? WWII footage
looks better.

It was a massive story to wrap our heads around because we didn't get a lot of glimpses behind the curtain and
had to piece things together as best we could along the way. Is it a hatchet job on Bill? Absolutely. Did he bring at least some of
on himself? He sure did. Can we all get something useful out of watching this thing? Most of us can but some won't be able to
deal with the negatives which a national audience demands.

While I prefer watching stuff like Bryan Cox starting fights at coin flips, I concede that seeing Armen Ketayian playing "gotcha" with Bill over the ludicrous
SPYGATE flap is part of our history, too. I'd completely forgotten that.

I don't know how APPLE is doing with the minutes watched on this thing so far, but I'm on to Episode 5.

The fact is, and we have all known this for years, that Bill Belichick is not the kind of figure the media and sports market wants. He's reserved, not willing to give himself to the media they want they want, not willing to let the cameras and reporters into his life or indeed his team's life. And that can't be tolerated. The NFL and any league feel they need social engagement with the fans and that the players and, yes, coaches have to give themselves freely to this. It drives interest, clicks and engagement and in these days, that drives revenue on social media channels. They want young coaches who know how to work the Twitter Machine, use Instaface, crack jokes at the pressers, and wear shades and breakdance in the locker room after wins.

And it's completely unfair. It's not under any contract that any player or coach has to let himself open to the world freely. Some players will do it to drive their brand value up and make money and some love the attention. However, professional sports is not just about games and players anymore. Bill is of the ilk of Lombardi, Brown, Halas et al. He's there to do a job, and the job is winning. Everything else is irrelevant.

But this is not the NFL we knew anymore. It's the NFL where Gambling companies are now in the driving seat, where likes on Instagram are more important than winning, where the SEO figures are more important than the integrity of the sport and where the corporate world, more than ever, commands all.

Poor ol' Bill never stood a chance in this era did he. It's not his world anymore.

SEO isn’t important anymore. For local business it might be still, but it’s archaic. If Goofle wants to bury your stuff, SEO won’t matter at all. It’s going towards AI video reels and shorts for the short attention spanned automatons for rankings.

Professional sports was always rigged, but it’s more widely admitted now.

This is a good take on this series. It’s true, it isn’t about the actual “Dynasty” at all. And in his zeal to discredit Belichick, Kraft greenlit this and got used by the film maker.

This is a good take on this series. It’s true, it isn’t about the actual “Dynasty” at all. And in his zeal to discredit Belichick, Kraft greenlit this and got used by the film maker.

Read the comments below this post. The haters are loving the Dynasty.
Kraft has made a monumental error in judgement.

Poor ol' Bill never stood a chance in this era did he. It's not his world anymore.

He was OK as long as he was winning, but we didn't win nearly enough over the last few years to survive the forces
waiting for him to slip up.

While Bill made more than a few concessions along the way to adapt to the modern NFL, like studying each new and
poorly written rule for ways we could take advantage and player safety stuff, but he probably hated the limited
contact in practice and kickoffs being devalued because he'd seen done things a certain way for his whole life.

I'm trying to be careful about how I speak about Bill because while I have always been a huge fan of the way he does
things there were some things he did that pissed me off and came back to bite him in the end.

One thing I hated was that last game. It was absolutely sickening for me to see him standing on the sidelines during that
horrible weather coaching that shitshow of a football game. He was wearing a massive hoodie and battling an illness
while the team he tried to build was completely unable to do anything offensively and that was definitely not the end to
his career here that you want to remember. Maybe there will be better days ahead, but that depressing scene is one
hell of a sad last impression.

Read the comments below this post. The haters are loving the Dynasty.
Kraft has made a monumental error in judgement.

Maybe if he'd read the book he would have been better able to figure out that it was not going
to help the image of his brand. You didn't have to be a rocket scientist to figure that out.

I've come to the conclusion that Kraft has either totally lost his fastball or was never all that bright to
begin with.

I wonder, in the last episode, will we see RKK openly mocking and disparaging Bill in front of his guests in his box at Gillette?

Yeah, no chance....at the end of each episode, as pointed out by some journos is:

As Volin said, (yeah, Volin...I know), this is just another Kraft hitjob on Bill. I can't believe RKK related the story in the series that Giselle came to his house screaming about "that fu*king Belichick, he is not treating my Tommy like a man". I mean Kraft actually tells that story.

The Krafts are completely going OTT with their attempts to sully BBs name. Can anyone honestly see Bill coming back to the stadium the way Tom did earlier last season? Or even the way Vrabel was welcomed back?

I think it's a disgrace what has and is happening.
100%!!!

Back