The Golf thread

Playing tomorrow with a buddy here: Greystone Golf Club & Banquet Center | Washington, Michigan.

It is a nice public track about 7 miles north of me with a bit of what Michiganders call an "up north" feel to it. A different friend of mine's daughter is the halfway house bartender (college student). When she graduates and gets a "real" job she will likely take a cut in pay, LOL.

Playing tomorrow with a buddy here: Greystone Golf Club & Banquet Center | Washington, Michigan.

It is a nice public track about 7 miles north of me with a bit of what Michiganders call an "up north" feel to it. A different friend of mine's daughter is the halfway house bartender (college student). When she graduates and gets a "real" job she will likely take a cut in pay, LOL.

Lol, “up north” feel.
My family still owns two cabins in the UP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just a note to mention that Alexa Pano, a 17 year-old golfer recently went pro, but missed the cut in her first (but not last) US Women's Open.

I just watched her as part of the Netflix Documentary titled The Short Game about the World Championship of Golf for 7 and 8 year olds and she was
prominently featured as a record-setter who worked tirelessly on her game with the help of her Dad.

The reason I mention this is that she and her Dad wore Patriots visors throughout the film and it turns out she was born in Massachusetts (since moved
to Florida) to a family of Patriots diehards and she loves the Pats and watches all the games.

She has a merchandise deal now with Titleist, so has to wear their hats, but still sports a Pats ball marker on the brim and used a golf bag with the Flying Elvis
logo on it. She's very young, but might be one the greats one of these days, so keep your eye on the kid.

alexa.jpg

Lol, “up north” feel.
My family still owns two cabins in the UP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
There is "up north" which is Traverse City, Torch Lake, Frankfort for people like me.

Then there is the UP (Upper Peninsula for those unfamiliar) and that is WAY THE FUCK "up north". Beautiful and desolate and scary and vast doesn't begin to describe it. I can drive north on I-75 for 800 miles (across the Mighty Mac) and STILL be in Michigan. Hard for most Massholes (easy, I am one) to fathom.

According to golf magazine only 25% of all amateur golfers break 100 on a consistent basis.
I did as well lol gave up for a while health issues at first then grandchildren I have a 21 handicap so 97 ish

~Dee~

Just a note to mention that Alexa Pano, a 17 year-old golfer recently went pro, but missed the cut in her first (but not last) US Women's Open.

I just watched her as part of the Netflix Documentary titled The Short Game about the World Championship of Golf for 7 and 8 year olds and she was
prominently featured as a record-setter who worked tirelessly on her game with the help of her Dad.

The reason I mention this is that she and her Dad wore Patriots visors throughout the film and it turns out she was born in Massachusetts (since moved
to Florida) to a family of Patriots diehards and she loves the Pats and watches all the games.

She has a merchandise deal now with Titleist, so has to wear their hats, but still sports a Pats ball marker on the brim and used a golf bag with the Flying Elvis
logo on it. She's very young, but might be one the greats one of these days, so keep your eye on the kid.

View attachment 10884
Nothing wrong with a Titleist hat - they're a Massachusetts company.

Today Danny Woodhead plays a 36 hole qualifier in Springfield Ohio. Many current Patriots including BB have made statements of support for Danny.
In other news, I got a par yesterday on a hole that I've played 100 times and never parred it before.:)

I survived my first real golf outing in over two years. It poured like crazy the day before and morning of the tournament so we were only able to play 14 holes due to flooding. Considering how fast the beers were going down that was probably a good thing. Luckily it was a four man scramble because I looked exactly like a below average golf player who hadn't played in two years would look. I still managed a good shot here and there. Then on the final hole, a 160 yard par 3 I stuck the green. I was the only one in our group of 8 that managed that so that was a pretty great way to end the day. I actually had a really good time and can't figure out why I was so negative towards the game the last time I played. I'll probably be looking to play more in the future.

Last edited:
I survived my first real golf outing in over two years. It poured like crazy the day before and morning of the tournament so we were only able to play 14 holes due to flooding. Considering how fast the beers were going down that was probably a good thing. Luckily it was a four man scramble because I looked exactly like a below average golf player who hadn't played in two years would look. I still managed a good shot here and there. Then on the final hole, a 160 yard par 3 I stuck the green. I was the only one in our group of 8 that managed that so that was a pretty great way to end the day. I actually had a really good time and can't really figure out why I was so negative towards the game the last time I played. I'll probably be looking to play more in the future.
Awesome. It has a great game that everyone can have fun playing.

Played surprisingly well today, though only 9. Missed the green on a par three and then chipped it in from 28’ for a birdie; haven’t done that yet this year.

Looking forward to Butterbrook on Wednesday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

That's too bad - he would have been followed all over the course in Brookline. We would have been talking about Danny's Army.

That's too bad - he would have been followed all over the course in Brookline. We would have been talking about Danny's Army.
Would have loved to see Danny make it to the Open. I wonder if he can play on the Korn Ferry tour now.

My son (Ethan) and I are headed up to
Would have loved to see Danny make it to the Open. I wonder if he can play on the Korn Ferry tour now.

He isn't a member of the KFT so he would need a sponsor's exemption. No idea if he has any previous relationships from football with any KFT sponsors, but maybe. Anything is possible.

Dustin Johnson has left the PGA to join the LIV, whatever the hell that is. I guess they paid him a ton of money. I hear it's backed by Saudi money and that they play in teams. That's all that I know about it.
I also know that DJ has a very hot wife.

Dustin Johnson has left the PGA to join the LIV, whatever the hell that is. I guess they paid him a ton of money. I hear it's backed by Saudi money and that they play in teams. That's all that I know about it.
I also know that DJ has a very hot wife.
Wife is Wayne Gretzky's daughter. Hot, yes. Also, a huge handful from what I read and heard.

LIV is all Saudi $. Johnson aways came off as aloof and brooding to me. Like he was too good to be there often times. WTH do I know, I watch him on TV. That said, him taking the $ isn't surprising. I really y want this LIV thing to fail. I doubt that many US based sponsors of the PGA will want to be associated with the Saudis, but who knows. Maybe they already have the locked for the future?

Last edited:
Wife it Wayne Gretzky's daughter. Hot, yes. Also, a huge handful from what I read and heard.

LIV is all Saudi $. Johnson aways came off as aloof and brooding to me. Like he was too good tp be there often times. WTH do I know, I watch him on TV. That said, him taking the $ isn't surprising. I really y want this LIV thing to fail. I doubt that many US based sponsors of the PGA will want to be associated with the Saudis, but who knows. Maybe they already have the locked for the future?
This sounds more like the USFL in the 80s. Bryson Dachambeau has just signed up.

Hanging in my happy place! Waiting for the girls to arrive tomorrow... Always a fun time. Tee times Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.... have a great weekend!CDB724E2-F3EF-4831-934C-18D6C0DA756F.jpeg

Back