The LaGarette Blount appreciation thread

(P - shoulder)

More Probable Than Not
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisweeks3d.com
I think it's about time we had this thread.

To the slowest, but bizzarely moderately effective kick returner and clock burner, I raise a glass of eggnog! I've been a fan of Blount since Oregon (and is it wrong of me to say I enjoyed watching him crumple that mouthy second tier school idjit after that infamnous game?), but I have to admit I wasn't loving the trade before the season, simply because it felt like spending resources on an area that wasn't a need. I was wrong on that, and super glad to have him. Blount >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Demps lol.

But what's best is that I feel like the best is yet to come. He's going to be a real asset come January and (hopefully) February. Can't wait to see it!

(Also, Blount's story is further proof of what a baffoon Schiano is)

Blount is a load, and I'm glad he's enjoying himself with NE.

That cut he made to get through the Ravens DLine was gorgeous!

I'm in on the Blount lovefest, too, and I loved the trade bc of his clock killing smash mouth ability.

I also think Blount wanted out of TB and BB's friendship w/ Schiano greased the trade talks.

Very steady player, doing everything that's been asked of him and more than what I expected. He's averaging 4.5 ypa, his best since his rookie season, and, in his 4th year, he's going to see the postseason for the first time in his career. I suspect that we may not have seen his best yet.

The guy is a load. Once he gets moving.... what is the saying, an object in motion tends to stay in motion? Somethin' like dat

I really like the one-two punch of Ridley and Blount.

We have what it takes to run it 30+ snaps in a game, which will be vital come playoff time. It'll also make it easier to go on the road to play, if that happens.

I loved the Blount trade when it happened and thought TB were crazy for parting with him even with what they had in Doug Martin.

Anyway, RBBC rocks.

Great call on this thread. Blount had the reputation of taking his big body outside of the tackles (i.e. Brandon Jacobs before he got cut)

Belichick and staff have Blount well-aligned for his skills

I am just mad we had to pay so much to get him....:coffee:

I was a HUGE fan of Blount coming out. Had many a debate with Boxie about his fit in here potentially.

I was PISSED he was nabbed UDFA and we didn't take a flyer 7th.

Glad to see it ended up my way. I can't think of more than a handful of backs that'll pay bigger dividends when the cold and bad weather sinks in. The guy is a battering ram.

I was a HUGE fan of Blount coming out. Had many a debate with Boxie about his fit in here potentially.

I was PISSED he was nabbed UDFA and we didn't take a flyer 7th.

Glad to see it ended up my way. I can't think of more than a handful of backs that'll pay bigger dividends when the cold and bad weather sinks in. The guy is a battering ram.

Hahaha, I remember that. Box absolutely hated Blount and wanted nothing of it whatsoever.

Just keep giving it to the Sledehammer. Blount is the pats closer. Ridley & Blount are probably the best 1 2 punch the pats had in years.

Put me on the Blount bandwagon. "Load" seems to be the operative word. Nifty try-n-stop-me running by a large man is always fun to watch. Here's hoping that big engine is just now getting really warmed up.

:toast:

:pat:

Hahaha, I remember that. Box absolutely hated Blount and wanted nothing of it whatsoever.

Yup.

I think he totally despised the college punching incident and it clouded his judgement of the players talent.

For some reason he thought he was an easy tackle. We've seen that dispelled. Repeatedly.

Plus Oregons Offense was as up tempo as any in any league. Something condusive to the Pats.

I'm glad he's here, and hope my vision of frigid snowy icy weather games where he goes on a 7 minute ground churning drive to seal the deal come to fruition.

Watching him close that game on Sunday was enjoyable beyond mere words. It's like the second coming of Corey Dillon.

Ridley played a small part in killing clock too. Had some pretty awesome runs where his legs kept going and he rocked a first down because of it.

At one point I counted five Ravens players trying to get him down and he just refused.

Those two will be difference makers come playoff time, that's for sure.

Ridley and Blount do the "Thunder and Lightning" thing very well. I love the fact that the Pats are focused on the run now for the first time in about ten years.

Back