The NFL is Racist as ****

Cam had many designed runs in the game including one inside the five when he ran for a TD.
I said his style of play is evolving, and he's become more of a pocket passer. I know he still has designed runs, but they're fewer and farther between.

If you believe anything Roger Goodell says about player safety then I am not sure what to tell you.
You don't have to tell me anything. My quote was illustrative of his perpetual lies.

The refs missed calls which happens IN Denver all the time. No QB is coming out of the game in the final drive - not Brady, not Rodgers, not Cam. Again, the NFL and its teams concern about player safety is a farce. To say this is racist in league predominantly comprised of black players is just ... just ... ludicrous.
The flip side of this comment is that the league is predominantly comprised of black players because, well, black people are more athletic, but "we're still gonna keep them down and under my thumb." There is absolutely a subtle undertone of racism. The need for the Rooney rule is a prime example.

Cam Newton's dad echoes what Tommy is saying.

Personally, I agree with his father. Those hits to Newton's head were direct. They weren't hits that glanced off his chest. The refs responsible should get a very poor grade on their review and a good talking to if not suspended for a week or two. Who knows how the game would have turned out if the very first head hit had been flagged. But no, the refs allowed it to continue and the Broncos got bolder with each subsequent hit.
It was disgusting to me.

As it turns out, the thread title was brilliant click bait. :clap:

The NFL is not racist (for those who may have thought my responses meant I thought so).

But, there is a legitimate topic concerning how the refs treat Newton. IMHO, it's not Newton specifically, but the style of QB. His style is more conducive to a running back and I think the refs give some leeway to the defense given his ability and propensity for tucking the ball and running.

With that said, they really screwed up Thursday night. There was some clear head hunting going on. I have no doubt that the number of roughing the passer calls will increase on Sunday.

I agree it's not racist thing & I'm not even sure it's a Cam-specific thing. I thought Denver was playing to intentionally put him out of the game and the refs were allowing it to happen. Many obvious calls weren't flagged and it hurt the Panthers chances of winning. I'd like to know why but I know that won't happen either.

Overall I think he's right on. I also hesitate to jump to immediately to racism, but it's certain looks sketchy as hell.

Personally I think greed would trump any amount of racism the NFL might have which makes incompetence a far more likely motivator than actual hate. It's hard for me to buy into the NFL giving an FU to one of its most popular (and profitable) players just because he's black.

On the flip side, the king of the organization is an asshole so who knows?

I do not see it as racism. Incompetence by NFL and refs and Denver saying hey if they are not going to call it, we are going to keep doing it. Its just hard for me to think the refs got together before the game and said, hey if Denver starts spearing head shots on Cam, lets let it happen because we hate black people.

The refs like to screw the Pats in numerous ways...

Denver is a place where the home team does in fact have a home field advantage...and it isn't only because of the altitude...

It's possible that the refs don't much care for Cam...race aside...

I don't think refs even need to be out there anymore...they're obselete.

So the league must be racist against white players as well, because I've never seen them treat a superstar worse than Tom Brady has been treated.

Also, are the black players hitting the black player in the head racist and in on this conspiracy?

Let's see if the NFL hands out some heavy fines on some of the Donkos defense... :coffee:

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

So the league must be racist against white players as well, because I've never seen them treat a superstar worse than Tom Brady has been treated.

Also, are the black players hitting the black player in the head racist and in on this conspiracy?

Brady and the Pats usually get screwed by the refs...absolutely agree.

I do not see it as racism. Incompetence by NFL and refs and Denver saying hey if they are not going to call it, we are going to keep doing it. Its just hard for me to think the refs got together before the game and said, hey if Denver starts spearing head shots on Cam, lets let it happen because we hate black people.

Like I've said a million times, it's not just Denver. Every team should employ this strategy against Newton. They'd be stupid not to.

As an aside (not directed to you) anyone who claims 'style of play' or 'mistaken for a running back' is full of shit. These hits were either in the pocket, or well behind the line of scrimmage when he was obviously trying to throw.

v8ccqht.jpg

The idea that the NFL is racist is beyond stupid. The NFL just has no idea how to run its league anymore.

Well, how does it work?

It would seem to me if the league is racist - it wouldn't have put the GOAT through the the shit they did. I fail to see how letting one player get his brains beat in is racist.

Seems to me calling people out for racism should require some type of actual evidence.

Shove that Racist bull Shiiiit up your ass. They make tremendous money for working 16 hours a year.

So let me get this straight Brandon Marshall's hit was the most flagrant hit. Brandon is Black and sat during the Anthem, Von Miller also black got in a good head shot, And Denver's safety who was called also black. I really don't having any feelings toward Cam,what so ever. Well that's not entirely true I think he's childish sometimes but other then that no biggie. The hits he took were uncalled for and should have been called absolutely. I thought it was BS at the time never once thought it was racist. Even Cam said he didn't think it was intentional he likes the crew. Now my question is why this is racist?

~Dee~

Radio said Cam led all QBs with roughing the passer calls for. 22 if I remember correctly.

Said next closest was 16.

I can't find the link they were citing, but if true sure seems to eliminate any further discussion.

I think there were a few hits that should've been flagged. But road game. Marquee matchup. Season opener. Home team is just gonna get a couple breaks fo sho.

So let me get this straight Brandon Marshall's hit was the most flagrant hit. Brandon is Black and sat during the Anthem, Von Miller also black got in a good head shot, And Denver's safety who was called also black. I really don't having any feelings toward Cam,what so ever. Well that's not entirely true I think he's childish sometimes but other then that no biggie. The hits he took were uncalled for and should have been called absolutely. I thought it was BS at the time never once thought it was racist. Even Cam said he didn't think it was intentional he likes the crew. Now my question is why this is racist?

~Dee~

I think a more accurate response would be...the NFL refs just don't like Cam (and Brady). And maybe Big Ben. Fivehead on the other hand... :coffee:

Cam showed Denver in the SB that he was more worried about taking a hit than winning a game, so Denver went after him again when they were losing. The refs not calling that is on the ref, not the NFL. I do not know why Denver is on the good side of calls at home. It seems to happen for them at the most opportune times. I am too lazy to look for it but when Gronk was getting all those OPI calls, it was because it was made a point of emphasis(only for Gronk though) both home and away. So I contend that more of a case can be made that there is bias against Gronk than Cam. To be clear, I still believe there MAY be some bias against Cam and it appears on the surface that there is. Now how that turns into racism, I do not know. That just sounds like a convenient excuse to avoid discussing the real reason for any bias that may be there.

Back