The Official New England Patriots Superbowl Champions Thread!

And then they would laugh at him and say "nah, we're not changing our entire system, brah."

Ergo he's not that great. I mean, truly great players would get their systems changed in the middle of a Superbowl... (I'm sure there's a Peyton conclusion in this post somewhere, but I digress...) :coffee:

On that long list, the writer leaves off Brady getting injured the year after the undefeated season.

The Pats would have coasted through the league that year, too - and likely beaten both the Steelers in the AFCCG and the Cards in the SB.

Overall, if I look at Brady's career, the "luck" (and since it's a team game w/ a lot of bounces, I kind of hate using that term) has definitely evened out. He did get a lot of it early on, but then it turned on him for quite a few years, before coming back a bit in this past year's playoffs.

The league was so soft that year, but we did suffer a lot more injuries than just Brady. I think we get at worst the #2 seed, but the Steelers defense was legit, and the Cardinals offense had the WRs that gave our defense trouble at that time with the big jump ball guys when we had the likes of Ellis and the midget crew.

06 is the year I think we really blew it. We had so many opportunities to put that game away, and the Bears were completely obliterated by injuries. They were not even remotely as good at the end of season as they were in the beginning. The SB was played in the AFCCG that year.

2010 doesn't bother me as much anymore because I don't think we beat that Packers team with Rodgers. We barely beat them with Flynn at QB at home, and again, they were just a massive matchup problem with us on the defensive side. The 2010-2012 Packers had one of the best WR corps ever.

The league was so soft that year, but we did suffer a lot more injuries than just Brady. I think we get at worst the #2 seed, but the Steelers defense was legit, and the Cardinals offense had the WRs that gave our defense trouble at that time with the big jump ball guys when we had the likes of Ellis and the midget crew.

06 is the year I think we really blew it. We had so many opportunities to put that game away, and the Bears were completely obliterated by injuries. They were not even remotely as good at the end of season as they were in the beginning. The SB was played in the AFCCG that year.

2010 doesn't bother me as much anymore because I don't think we beat that Packers team with Rodgers. We barely beat them with Flynn at QB at home, and again, they were just a massive matchup problem with us on the defensive side. The 2010-2012 Packers had one of the best WR corps ever.

Walking away from 06-07-08 with zero titles is a massive failure. 08 was an abortion of a season and a healthy Brady means we smoke all of those fools. Probably a 17-2 type season.

WTF?

18wspwcj90vksjpg.jpg

On that long list, the writer leaves off Brady getting injured the year after the undefeated season.

The Pats would have coasted through the league that year, too - and likely beaten both the Steelers in the AFCCG and the Cards in the SB.

Overall, if I look at Brady's career, the "luck" (and since it's a team game w/ a lot of bounces, I kind of hate using that term) has definitely evened out. He did get a lot of it early on, but then it turned on him for quite a few years, before coming back a bit in this past year's playoffs.

What 'luck' did he have early on? The Tuck Rule was a rule that they enforced, it's not like they just missed the call.

What 'luck' did he have early on? The Tuck Rule was a rule that they enforced, it's not like they just missed the call.

Thank you. SOO sick of that narrative about a rule that was in place many years before and after that PROPER call was made.

Thank you. SOO sick of that narrative about a rule that was in place many years before and after that PROPER call was made.

Marino got that Tuck Rule call in a playoff game (vs. NYJ?) in the late 90's. Funny, you never hear anyone bring that one up.

It wasn't a bad call by the rules. But Brady & everyone on that field thought he fumbled. The Raiders had to go from celebrating a sure win to trying to get back in the emotion of defending, in a few seconds.

I thought those teams in general had more good fortune than bad - just like the later teams had more bad than good.

It wasn't a bad call by the rules. But Brady & everyone on that field thought he fumbled. The Raiders had to go from celebrating a sure win to trying to get back in the emotion of defending, in a few seconds.

I thought those teams in general had more good fortune than bad - just like the later teams had more bad than good.

If the rule never existed and the ref blew it, then I'm on board with the luck thing. It was a bad rule, but it the correct call based on the rules that existed.

Not to mention the call that never gets mentioned:

Woodson delivers a flagrant blow to Brady's head. Should have been a 15 yard personal foul call.

It wasn't a bad call by the rules. But Brady & everyone on that field thought he fumbled. The Raiders had to go from celebrating a sure win to trying to get back in the emotion of defending, in a few seconds. I thought those teams in general had more good fortune than bad - just like the later teams had more bad than good.
I remember being upset that the refs had missed Woodson hitting Brady in the head during that play. Michigan men should show each other more respect .

That, and the 15 yard penalty that should have been called.

The Steelers game the following week was where they got lucky - Troy Brown's forward lateral, Joey Porter dropping a pick six Bledsoe threw right into his chest...

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic...2515?linksrc=story_home_module_image_18252515

By Doug Kyed
Tom Brady finally got a taste of his own headbutting medicine.
New England Patriots wide receiver Brandon LaFell told NFL Network’s “NFL Total Access” crew that he chipped Brady’s tooth on a headbutt after their Super Bowl XLIX touchdown hookup.

“Man, he texted me the other day,” LaFell said Tuesday. “He was like, ‘Hey man, great season, like the way you play, but on a side note, you chipped my tooth on a headbutt.’ I was like, ‘Man, I’m sorry. I was just trying to get to you before you got to me,’ because in the Green Bay game, man, he almost knocked my helmet off.”

Brady connected with LaFell on an 11-yard touchdown pass with 9:47 left in the second quarter for the first touchdown of the Super Bowl.
LaFell commented earlier in the season about Brady’s headbutts, telling The Wall Street Journal, “All of a sudden he’s a foot away from you, head-butting you three times. I’m like, ‘Hey, man, calm down.’”

Brady’s chipped tooth wasn’t noticeable during the Patriots’ Super Bowl celebration.

Haha! It was bound to happen, Brady is uber physical with his celebration head banging. Great to see the players getting spots on NFL Network and the like. I like the way they explode the myth that life with the team is dull, cold, no fun etc. I remember Blount saying it when he returned to the team, he had missed the guys and the fun. Some of the reporters looked at him as of he was mad! Fun? The Patriots?

Back