The Official Real Life Happens PP Member Support Thread

Just got back from the oncologist...

PET scan is NEGATIVE!!!!! I am a 2 on the Deauville Scale.

What does this mean? No detectable cancer as of now. Because it was so pervasive my next scan is in two months. If that is clear it is every 6 months for a couple of years.

I am an emotional/mental wreck. Happy for sure but also weary. My wife thought I would be jumping around if the news was good but I was just relieved and I am tired.

Not out of the woods and won't be for years if ever, but this is what we needed to see in order to get to the watch for it stage.

You're stuck with me for a while longer. :)

Happy If You Say So GIF

What does this mean? No detectable cancer as of now. Because it was so pervasive my next scan is in two months. If that is clear it is every 6 months for a couple of years.

I am an emotional/mental wreck. Happy for sure but also weary. My wife thought I would be jumping around if the news was good but I was just relieved and I am tired.

Not out of the woods and won't be for years if ever, but this is what we needed to see in order to get to the watch for it stage.

That's great news, not that it comes at any great surprise to me. :lol:
Take the weekend off to rest up. Then get the clubs out and clean them up. It's great therapy.

Phenomenal news Al! I’m so happy for you and your family!

Now get out there and work on your swing !

This made my day. So happy for you, brother.

Great news Jimmy lad!

Dude, that is just fucking tremendous. I’m so happy for you and your family!!!!!🙏❤️

Dude, that is just fucking tremendous. I’m so happy for you and your family!!!!!🙏❤️

Me too. I just need to chill for a couple of days.

I feel like all the air has gone from my being. My boys are stoic and my daughter (mini-me) is like me, wiped out.

Headed to bed. May sleep until the SB. One heck of a B-day present.

Excellent news!! Congrats brother!!
:dance::celebrate:

Yeah! Congrats so very happy to hear!

~Dee~

This is hardly a crisis but I wasn't sure where else to post it, and it is real life.
I had told my employer in January that I wanted to retire, and ballparked the end of June. Business is pretty rough in the semiconductor world but my segment of it was recovering well. Overall our division of the company has been lagging though. In any event, the decision was made to absorb our group into the parent company and many of us including me weren't offered a position. So.... I did get a severance package, my last day is March 28, and I shall be retired at that time. It's all good and amicable with me and the management, I have no issues with any of it. I've been 46 years at this, I was good at what I do, and it was fun. Time to move on. Sorta kinda excited and can't quite believe this time is upon me.

This is hardly a crisis but I wasn't sure where else to post it, and it is real life.
I had told my employer in January that I wanted to retire, and ballparked the end of June. Business is pretty rough in the semiconductor world but my segment of it was recovering well. Overall our division of the company has been lagging though. In any event, the decision was made to absorb our group into the parent company and many of us including me weren't offered a position. So.... I did get a severance package, my last day is March 28, and I shall be retired at that time. It's all good and amicable with me and the management, I have no issues with any of it. I've been 46 years at this, I was good at what I do, and it was fun. Time to move on. Sorta kinda excited and can't quite believe this time is upon me.
You lucky man. Retirement is something to really look forward to. The world is your oyster.

Look on the bright side my friend this could’ve happened 15 or 20 years ago, and that would been horrible timing. Now this might be a sign that it’s time for you to enjoy life to the fullest and remember stay mentally and physically active and you have an opportunity to live a long life. I see so many people retire, and do absolutely nothing physically afterwards, and they die too young. Be well, my friend.

Look on the bright side my friend this could’ve happened 15 or 20 years ago, and that would been horrible timing. Now this might be a sign that it’s time for you to enjoy life to the fullest and remember stay mentally and physically active and you have an opportunity to live a long life. I see so many people retire, and do absolutely nothing physically afterwards, and they die too young. Be well, my friend.
It actually did happen in 2017 and I was pretty lucky to land where I did almost immediately. What was really funny was that my original employer acquired my new one two years later so I ended up back at the same place. I guess it's a honor to have gotten whacked twice now LOL.

Congratulations on the retirement move up date! Even better that the company is financing it for you!

Back